2017 Fixture news and leaks

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably to do with the potential for a larger crowd at MCG/Etihad. Richmond sooked it up when they last played in Geelong for similar reasons.

Geelong still shouldn't be forced to not play at home in the home and away season. Why would Geelong take a home game to their opponents home ground? Makes zero sense.

All for new markets in the AFL, but surely a better stadium could have been ascertained.

It looks like an early years Waverley over there in Shanghai.

Should have played it in Beijing at the olympic bird nest stadium

Well, the AFL can't then give Port 11 Adelaide Oval home games as well. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me because when it comes to fixture equality it is a joke of an organisation.

We bought Gold Coasts home game from them.

Shouldn't that be Gold Coast vs Port Adelaide? Or did Port graciously give up an Adelaide Oval match after all?

Port Adelaide bought the game off of Gold Coast for everyone's info. (no I don't know the figure).
also for everyone's info, also I'm pretty sure Port Adelaide and the AFL have an agreement/contract with the AO that Port must play 11 home games every season at the venue. This can't be broken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In fairness to the Dogs, they're likely to have 50,000+ members next year and would pull a larger crowd against us at the MCG/Etihad than Carlton, Richmond and possibly Essendon.

Given Richmond was playing at cat park until just recently, wtf is that a factor?

Wonder want Gold Coast are getting in return, or is it just incredible pressure from the AFL that they had to buckle.
Financial subsidies? I suggest that Gold Coast FC agrees to give up a home game in order to promote the city in China as tourism is one of the main industries there.

This doesn't sit well with me.

Yep. Would we be smiling if wce made a deal with the saints (for instance) to have the saints play a home game against the eagles in perth? This isn't a good precident

Yep. Would we be smiling if wce made a deal with the saints (for instance) to have the saints play a home game against the eagles in perth? This isn't a good precident
This is clearly a special circumstance. I doubt the AFL would just approve any team selling their game for no reason other than money.

Probably to do with the potential for a larger crowd at MCG/Etihad. Richmond sooked it up when they last played in Geelong for similar reasons.

No, that was more due to Richmond supporters not getting access. We had many more seats available at Subi. From memory, even the cheer squad had to be cut back because they couldn't get seats.

Hopefully some leaks on 7 news tonight. Usually the mecury reports norths games in Hobart early but nothing yet, same sometimes with the Canberra times and giants games

This is clearly a special circumstance. I doubt the AFL would just approve any team selling their game for no reason other than money.

Why is it special? Because it's port, it's china, it's gc?

No, that was more due to Richmond supporters not getting access. We had many more seats available at Subi. From memory, even the cheer squad had to be cut back because they couldn't get seats.

This

Due to ground works only 200 members were allowed access to the game

The other gripe rfc fans had was we regularly got this game, but the blues were exempt. All we wanted was fair treatment, same rule for all clubs playing the cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back