Prediction 2017 Fixture requests and predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

So who do you want twice? Who do you want at KP? What interstate trips do you want?

I'd like no less than 8 games at KP GMHBA Stadium (<--- :drunk: ) next season.
Clubs to play at home. I want Melbourne, St.Kilda and Carlton. First two will be difficult to beat in Melbourne and Carlton deserve a trip down here, mid 30k crowds at Etihad.

Would like Hawthorn, Adelaide and NM twice from the finalists.
Not overly fussed with who we play interstate if we can avoid GWS at Spotless.

Last edited:

Hopefully an ordinary team coming off the bye. In recent years it's been Sydney (Grand Finalist), North (Prelim Finalist), North again in 2014 with Freo (5th), and Sydney (Premiers). Brisbane in 2013 are the only exception.

Would love Hawthorn at the Cattery. Easter Monday is their home game and 8 Simonds matches have to be squashed in between Rounds 9-23, so if we face them in a return game hopefully the AFL's hands are tied. I think Richmond and maybe Carlton are more likely in terms of a "blockbuster" though.

I just hope we don't have to endure bloody Richmond and Carlton kicking off the season again:mad:,a split first round over two week with us playing again last on the Monday.:straining:

Carlton v Richmond already locked in

The now entrenched top 6 / middle 6 / bottom 6 fixturing will be interesting.

With Hawks in top 6 we are due 2 vs them - not bad and if we get 2 v Doggies and WC as well we will do OK. If we get 2 v GWS , Syd ,WBD things will be tougher. The bottom 6 looks interesting GCS, Freo, Essendon, Richmond will be better than most bottom 6 sides. Carlton will be better.

In fact it looks like the equalisation policies are working.

We will start with away games so it will be a dangerous time - lose early and it will be hard to claw back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I think our fixture will involve:

Round 1 vs St Kilda (away @ Etihad)
Double-ups: Hawthorn, Sydney, Adelaide, St Kilda and Melbourne
Interstate trips: GWS, WCE, GC, Sydney, Adelaide, North (Hobart)
Simonds: Sydney, Adelaide, St Kilda, Melbourne, Port, Brisbane, Freo, Richmond
MCG/Etihad "home" games: Hawks, Pies, Bulldogs

I would like an away game against Gold Coast so I have an excuse to go up there for a weekend.

Haven't been up there for 3 years(?) now, so probably due to happen. Port Adelaide in Victoria and double-ups against Melbourne + Richmond (8 years and counting) are also overdue, though not sure we'll get the Tigers twice even if Josh Caddy's departure adds a bit of spice to our game(s) next year.

FWIW I think our fixture will involve:

Round 1 vs St Kilda (away @ Etihad)
Double-ups: Hawthorn, Sydney, Adelaide, St Kilda and Melbourne
Interstate trips: GWS, WCE, GC, Sydney, Adelaide, North (Hobart)
Simonds: Sydney, Adelaide, St Kilda, Melbourne, Port, Brisbane, Freo, Richmond
MCG/Etihad "home" games: Hawks, Pies, Bulldogs
You'll host Essendon at the MCG for that Country game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back