Prediction 2017 Fixture requests and predictions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it just me, or for the first time in years, it seems the club (or its 3rd party) has not made this year's fixture available so that it can easily be added to Outlook, Google etc. calendars?
same issue for me too

GO Catters

NICE!!!!

Shameful that it takes an independant 3rd party to release this.
Nice work detective CatAttack84
Go Catters

:) No problem. It is a shame indeed. I even updated the Cats app (that I assume is still made by Telstra for all clubs and just skinned and slightly customised) but nope, no calendar integration option there either.

NICE!!!!

Shameful that it takes an independant 3rd party to release this.

Nice work detective CatAttack84

Go Catters

Mitch Official Cats suggested that there is an official version in the works and would be released very soon. That was early this week.
You'd think it should be available for Rd1 so perhaps its on the website currently... not sure however.

Go Catters

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2017-04-07/more-games-at-the-cattery

GEELONG will request nine home games at Simonds Stadium in 2018 as it aims to build its club membership figures in the region.

"We are going to ask the AFL for nine games at Simonds Stadium next year because we don't believe we should be playing home games at Etihad Stadium," Cook said.

They have been forced to play home games at Etihad Stadium in recent seasons because of the AFL's contractual requirement to play a certain number of games at the venue.

The Cats have felt they were left to make up the shortfall caused by other clubs being able to play home games at interstate venues such as Alice Springs, Hobart and Launceston.

"We're looking for equity in this area and fairness," Cook said.

"That argument of reasonableness should come through unless the AFL has some minimum requirement [of games] at Etihad that they have in their head, because they are not contractually-bound to do that any more with anyone, I would assume."

The Cats argue they are the only team that plays seven games at their home venue and 15 away games in 2017.

They have only played more than seven premiership matches in a season at Simonds Stadium in one season (2015) since 2009.

Cook said research shows however that 80 per cent of the club's Geelong and Surf Coast-based members don't travel to Melbourne for games, adding that nine home games would lead to greater uptake of membership packages from people living in the area.

Keep it up Cookie, don't let them off the hook, campaign until we get what we deserve and nothing less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back