2017 Fixture Requests

Remove this Banner Ad

So you'd move a club with a larger following, and draws larger crowds (Hawthorn) off to Tasmania so your club, which only averages 33K crowds in 2016, can get more games on the MCG because you don't like the contract your club signed to play 7 games at Docklands?

Who knows, Hawks may want to play another game in Tassie. I personally don't have a distinct preference for either stadium, I'm just repeating what is doing the rounds.

I can't wait for the NAB Challenge fixture, much more interesting knowing we get to see AFL played at bush grounds around the country
I like the idea, we dont play in the bush, probably a relectìon of the depth in NSW. Unless you include Canberra. Would really like to see a game scheduled in Newcastle, which has one of the oldest Aussie rules comps in Australia but would be the Swans. For us maybe somewhere in the Riverina where AFL is strong and the locals deserve a spectacle.

and who will lose game(s) at the MCG to make room?

Dare say the Saints would lose a home game at the MCG in that scenario.

The point you make later about average crowds this year is a genuine outlier given on-field performance. It is indeed likely that the 33K average you mention will increase next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a shame
I love the 2:10 game.
3:20 is so late

91sn32Q.jpg

Dare say the Saints would lose a home game at the MCG in that scenario.

The point you make later about average crowds this year is a genuine outlier given on-field performance. It is indeed likely that the 33K average you mention will increase next year.
Not sure they'd shaft a club like that and give them no home games at the MCG just to give Essendon an extra home game there

Any leaks yet?

They usually start after the trade period. AFL may adjust if there are any big moves like Dangerfield last year. They will want prime time for a game between old and new club - Crows v Cats was on friday night this year.

You would think Hawks V WCE will be 1 of the feature matches next year after the Mitchell trade.

They usually start after the trade period. AFL may adjust if there are any big moves like Dangerfield last year. They will want prime time for a game between old and new club - Crows v Cats was on friday night this year.

You would think Hawks V WCE will be 1 of the feature matches next year after the Mitchell trade.
Crows/blues and Pies/Roos would fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back