Analysis 2017 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond is having a big sook about getting no Friday night games despite getting a bunch of saturdays nights, the season opener and another Thursday game

Now it's time to play my favourite game, What prime time games the other non finals sides have.

9th St Kilda - 4 Friday Games (WTF), 3 Saturday = 7 primetime
10th Port Adelaide - 1 Friday, 3 Saturday, 2 Thursday = 6 primetime
11th Melbourne - 1 Friday, 3 Saturday (one WA time), 1 Monday = 5 primetime
12th Collingwood - 2 Fridays, 1 Thursday, 2 Saturdays = 5 primetime
13th Richmond - (Excluding opening round) 1 Thursday, 1 Monday (us), 6 Saturday = 8 primetime (Second most)
14th Carlton - (Excluding opeening round) 1 Friday, 4 Saturday = 5 primetime
15th Gold Coast - (No Friday) 7 Saturday = 7 primetime
16th Fremantle - (No Friday) 6 Saturday night games (WA time) = 6 primetime
17th Brisbane - (No Friday) 3 Saturday night games = 3 primetime
18th Essendon - (Don't take to much notice) 2 Fridays, 8 Saturday = 10 primetime (The most)

SO we only have 5 primetime games equal with Collingwood and only Brisbane has less. Seems fair

Nice work, but out of curiosity why are you excluding certain primetime games just because they are "traditional"?
Seems crazy to me that Richmond will have 9 Primetime games this year and messed up to reward Essendon with 11.

I like the club has a post highlighting 6 benefits of the fixture and the last one is "No Home game at Etihad".

Five of those six benefits are probably specific requests we made to the league when it was working on the schedule.
No home game at Etihad was probably right after the Queen's Birthday & ANZAC weekend requests.
It's a shame the Mothers Day / Pink lady game was dropped, I assume it has something to do with plans for the womens league.

Richmond is having a big sook about getting no Friday night games despite getting a bunch of saturdays nights, the season opener and another Thursday game

They also play us on Easter Monday

Last edited:

Believe it or not, I like that we are playing 3 games in 6 weeks at Etihad... Which means consistent exposure. If we can't win at least 1 (ideally 2) of those games we are doomed forever. Saints are 50/50 and Essendon we should pop; Cats who knows.
This.
Completely agree.

So our first sat home game in melbourne is round 18?. **** you afl, **** you

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Round 4 v Freo is Saturday at the G but round 18 is the next. But in between are two Monday games and a Friday night game.

A fair few Sunday games as payment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to be aiming to be 7-3 at the bye. Need to beat Carlton twice. Need to beat the Roos at least once. Need to beat a top 6 team or two. Need to win all games at the 'G v interstate sides. Need to continue winning streaks v Collingwood and Richmond. Need to win at least one game at Etihad. Need to win at least two games interstate (incl. one outside the NT).

I'm not sure how people can guess our w/l
What if hogan and viney do ACLS
What if Oliver Watts an brayshaw are AAs next year. What if StKilda do a bulldogs. What if Goody is a horrible coach. What if the bombers players come back in career best form etc

Agreed. Simply no point. Far too many variables. Always a team that slips, always a team that surprises, always a team or two who have injury issues that cripple their season. Competition is getting more and more even as well. IMO there are only two teams who cannot make finals next year - Lions and Blues. Evey other team if things go right will be aiming for finals. Crazy trying to predict what might happen..

What if Oliver Watts an brayshaw are AAs next year. What if StKilda do a bulldogs. What if Goody is a horrible coach. What if the bombers players come back in career best form etc
Agreed. Simply no point. Far too many variables. Always a team that slips, always a team that surprises, always a team or two who have injury issues that cripple their season. Competition is getting more and more even as well. IMO there are only two teams who cannot make finals next year - Lions and Blues. Evey other team if things go right will be aiming for finals. Crazy trying to predict what might happen..
You two must be fun at parties.

Not many teams would have had Freo as a guaranteed win at the start of the year, no one was predicting the dogs to win the flag
Pointless
It's sort of why a prediction like that is known as a 'guess'.

(...you nong...)

I'd almost forgotten that and all. Until now anyway. Should be quite a read. Was that the same year as the QB tied match, or the same year as the QB Watts debut (I came down with mono that night - from watching the match I suspect)? Or was it some other year that I have nearly blanked with some success to avoid self harm?

Same year as the draw, when Jamar got sick of Andy Maher during the post-match interview and walked off.

If Hogan and Viney get ACL's I'm guessing Pederson will get the Coleman and Viney have a rest for a couple of weeks.

At this stage I think Watts is most likely to captain the AA side, Oliver probably will have to wait until 2018.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back