Analysis 2017 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I love that movie for one classic moment.

It's when the Von Trapp guy brings home the Baroness and Maria can't handle it so she flees back to the nunnery. And she doesn't speak to anyone, just spends all day in prayer.

Mother superior drags her out and confronts her "Maria! What is it you can't face?" and Maria blurts out "it's him and don't call me campaigner face".

I cry laughing each time. I'm not very mature.

Can't recall who tweeted it but a HUN journo tweeted Essendon requested us round 1 on the Friday night.

Essendon can have their drug cheats play their top ups from this year in an intra-club match on Sunday evening. All they deserve.

Would rather no friday night football whatsoever than participate in that wank off.

Gave it a crack, see what ya think!

Round 1 - Melbourne vs. St. Kilda (Saturday 28th March @ MCG)
Round 2 - West Coast vs. Melbourne (Sunday 2nd April @ Domain Stadium)
Round 3 - Collingwood vs. Melbourne (Saturday 8th April @ MCG)
Round 4 - Melbourne vs. Essendon (Saturday 17th April @ MCG)
Round 5 - Melbourne vs. Richmond (ANZAC Day Eve - Monday Night April 24th @ MCG)
Round 6 - Brisbane vs. Melbourne (Sunday April 30th @ Gabba)
Round 7 - Melbourne vs. North Melbourne (Saturday 8th May @ MCG)
Round 8 - Carlton vs. Melbourne (Sunday 14th May @ MCG)
Round 9 - Hawthorn vs. Melbourne (Friday 19th May @ MCG)
Round 10 - Port Adelaide vs. Melbourne (Saturday 27th May @ Adelaide Oval)
Round 11 - Melbourne vs. Adelaide (Saturday 3rd June @ MCG)
Round 12 - Melbourne vs. Collingwood (Queen's Birthday - Monday Afternoon June 12th @ MCG)
Round 13 - BYE
Round 14 - Melbourne vs. West Coast (Sunday 25th June @ Traeger Park)
Round 15 - Western Bulldogs vs. Melbourne (Sunday 2nd July @ Etihad Stadium)
Round 16 - Melbourne vs. Sydney (Saturday 7th July @ MCG)
Round 17 - Geelong vs. Melbourne (Sunday 16th July @ Kardinia Park)
Round 18 - Melbourne vs. Hawthorn (Saturday 22nd July @ MCG)
Round 19 - Essendon vs. Melbourne (Sunday 30th July @ MCG)
Round 20 - Melbourne vs. GWS (Sunday 6th August @ TIO Stadium)
Round 21 - Melbourne vs. Fremantle (Saturday 12th August @ MCG)
Round 22 - Gold Coast vs. Melbourne (Sunday 20th August @ Metricon Stadium)
Round 23 - North Melbourne vs. Melbourne (Saturday 26th August @ Etihad Stadium)

Days: 1 Friday, 10 Saturdays, 9 Sundays, 2 Mondays (including 16 games in VIC which includes 2 games at Etihad and 1 at Kardinia Park).
PLAY TWICE: Essendon, Collingwood, Hawthorn, North Melbourne and West Coast.
My only complaint would be the annual game at geelong. Why can't geelong come to the mcg for once or even etihad. I feel like we barely get to see geelong anymore. Does brad ottens still play for them anymor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We played Geelong at the MCG two years ago
Obviously I exaggerate, but it does feel in the last 10 years we seem to play in Geelong a lot more often than not. I don't think I've seen geelong live since 08. I guess being such a poor performing team in that period and not being a high drawing crowd team I guess we have to wear it until we become a finals team.

You got me thinking of what teams i haven't seen live yet
Geelong
Port Adeliade
Adelaide (yes i missed this year)
West Coast

Is anyone else slightly embarrassed that Essendon made that request? They've obviously identified us (again( as their best chance for an early win in front of a rabid home crowd that's been waiting two years. ******* ferals, I hope we get it and Goodwin spends the entire summer pumping Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Bugg, Melksham, Hibberd, and VandenBerg up to go for the kill.

Is anyone else slightly embarrassed that Essendon made that request? They've obviously identified us (again( as their best chance for an early win in front of a rabid home crowd that's been waiting two years. ******* ferals, I hope we get it and Goodwin spends the entire summer pumping Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Bugg, Melksham, Hibberd, and VandenBerg up to go for the kill.

Nah, I would relish the opportunity to win and tbh I think we will beat them comfortably in 2017.

Our list vs theirs is no contest. Unless we put in another absolute stinker (To be fair that is possible) we are a 5 goal better team than them when both are at their best.

Nah, I would relish the opportunity to win and tbh I think we will beat them comfortably in 2017.

Our list vs theirs is no contest. Unless we put in another absolute stinker (To be fair that is possible) we are a 5 goal better team than them when both are at their best.

Depends if it's pre drugs Essendon or post drugs Essendon
No idea how the players will return but Hurley and Hooker will be bloody hard to score against and Watson Heppell Stanton and Hocking improve the midfield alot.. they need help for Daniher badly though
Pedo would be awesome for them as someone who can just crash bodies all day and let Daniher lead more often

No idea how the players will return but Hurley and Hooker will be bloody hard to score against and Watson Heppell Stanton and Hocking improve the midfield alot.. they need help for Daniher badly though
Pedo would be awesome for them as someone who can just crash bodies all day and let Daniher lead more often
They can't have him. I love him.

I think there will be a few things...

- Frost will go to Daniher.
- Watson, drugs or not, was virtually cooked.
- Still a s**t forward line. Hooker will probably be a forward.

They want the MCG for their home game so they need an MCG home team or Carlton. Carlton play Richmond so they're out, Hawthorn play Geelong, And Anzac day is like round 4, so no Collingwood.

Unfortunately we missed out on 2016 essendon. I think essendon will jump from easy beats to mediocre next year. So that's one more team that we'll make it harder to make the finals.

Mediocre teams are where we excel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back