2017 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm expecting us to get a lot of 2:40pm Sunday home games.

Thankfully, I just switched my seat from looking into the sun to the other end :thumbsu:

I'll still be looking into the sun.... great seats apart from that. As close to the wing you can get on that side and the second tier makes for good viewing. I'm hoping the equivalent at the new stadium are amazing.

Midnight boredom, I mucked around with this for fun.

Based on last years (15') 16th Placed finished team and their 2016 Fixture with some changes here and there I'd say a rough idea of what our fixture for 2017 is looking like is along the lines of this -

R1 - Gold Coast Suns (H)
R2 - Essendon (A)
R3 -West Coast Eagles (H)
R4 - Brisbane Lions (H)
R5 - North Melbourne (A)
R6 - Collingwood (H)
R7 - Richmond (A)
R8 - Melbourne (H)
R9 - Western Bulldogs (A)
R10 - Geelong Cats (H)
R11 - GWS Giants (A)
R12 - Adelaide Crows (H)
R13 - BYE
R14 - Port Adelaide (A)
R15 - Carlton (H)
R16 - Brisbane Lions (A)
R17 - Hawthorn (H)
R18 - Gold Coast Suns (A)
R19 - Sydney Swans (H)
R20 - Melbourne (A)
R21 - St Kilda (H)
R22 - West Coast Eagles (A)
R23 - Richmond (H)

Double Ups: West Coast, Gold Coast, Richmond, Melbourne and Brisbane Lions.
Potential MCG / Etihad Games: 5-7 (+2-3 from 2016)
Bye Round: 13
Winnable Games: 11-13 based on that draw comparing current lists come Round 1. (Had us dropping a Derby and losing to most Top 8 teams)

I'm hoping that ours double ups with Brisbane and GC is changed to Saints and Carlton so that we can have an extra game at MCG / Etihad. I think that's what might happen with our request to play more there. (Still means we can still host a QLD team and play a game in QLD). If we had to substitute a game against an 18th place team (Would be an easy 4 points for us next year) I'd rather see that we get the game at MCG > Etihad for more game experience.

12 DS
3 MCG (Essendon, Richmond and Melbourne)
2 ES
1 SCG
1 SPO
1 AO
1 G
1 MS

Thoughts?

We don't finish the season at home, we rotate that with the Eagles every year so this year we finish away and start home.

Kind of sucks because the year after we are scheduled for an away game when the new stadium kicks off

Predictions
1. No games at the MCG
2. We play Brisbane, West Coast, Carlton, Essendon, and Port twice
3. Play the Hawks in Tassie
4. Play GWS at home
5. Play Geelong in Geelong
6. Play Port in Adelaide
7. One game in Sydney as the Swans
8. One game in Brisbane against the Lions
9. Four games in Melbourne and all at Docklands.
10. One game against Melbourne in the NT.

Based on last years (15') 16th Placed finished team and their 2016 Fixture with some changes here and there I'd say a rough idea of what our fixture for 2017 is looking like is along the lines of this -

R1 - Gold Coast Suns (H)
R2 - Essendon (A)
R4 - Brisbane Lions (H)
R5 - North Melbourne (A)
R6 - Collingwood (H)
R7 - Richmond (A)
R8 - Melbourne (H)
R10 - Geelong Cats (H)
R11 - GWS Giants (A)
R12 - Adelaide Crows (H)
R13 - BYE
R14 - Port Adelaide (A)
R15 - Carlton (H)
R16 - Brisbane Lions (A)
R17 - Hawthorn (H)
R19 - Sydney Swans (H)
R20 - Melbourne (A)
R21 - St Kilda (H)
R23 - Richmond (H)

Winnable Games: 11-13 based on that draw comparing current lists come Round 1. (Had us dropping a Derby and losing to most Top 8 teams)

I'm hoping that ours double ups with Brisbane and GC is changed to Saints and Carlton so that we can have an extra game at MCG / Etihad. I think that's what might happen with our request to play more there. (Still means we can still host a QLD team and play a game in QLD). If we had to substitute a game against an 18th place team (Would be an easy 4 points for us next year) I'd rather see that we get the game at MCG > Etihad for more game experience.

12 DS
2 ES
1 SCG
1 SPO
1 AO
1 G
1 MS

Thoughts?

Impressive effort.
I'm not sure what all the abbreviations mean for the ovals. SPO?
Do you have us going to every state and territory in the nation? Because that is likely to happen again.

Impressive effort.
I'm not sure what all the abbreviations mean for the ovals. SPO?
Do you have us going to every state and territory in the nation? Because that is likely to happen again.

I didn't include the yearly TAS and NT visit because surely we won't get them next year. Not a fan. I think SPO is what the abbreviation might be for Spotless Stadium (Plastic mobs ground). Yes, the shot in the dark fixture has a game at home and away against each SA, NSW and QLD team.

R1 - Gold Coast Suns (H)
R2 - Essendon (A)
R4 - Brisbane Lions (H)
R5 - North Melbourne (A)
R6 - Collingwood (H)
R7 - Richmond (A)
R8 - Melbourne (H)
R10 - Geelong Cats (H)
R11 - GWS Giants (A)
R12 - Adelaide Crows (H)
R13 - BYE
R14 - Port Adelaide (A)
R15 - Carlton (H)
R16 - Brisbane Lions (A)
R17 - Hawthorn (H)
R19 - Sydney Swans (H)
R20 - Melbourne (A)
R21 - St Kilda (H)
R23 - Richmond (H)

12 DS
2 ES
1 SCG
1 SPO
1 AO
1 G
1 MS

Thoughts?
Really good effort.
Would be very happy with that fixture.
Definetly a crack at the 8 based on that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictions
1. No games at the MCG
2. We play Brisbane, West Coast, Carlton, Essendon, and Port twice
3. Play the Hawks in Tassie
4. Play GWS at home
5. Play Geelong in Geelong
6. Play Port in Adelaide
7. One game in Sydney as the Swans
8. One game in Brisbane against the Lions
9. Four games in Melbourne and all at Docklands.
10. One game against Melbourne in the NT.
What's the go with the game up in China? Memory doesn't serve me too well, I though Port Adelaide were affiliated but due to some weird circumstance, they couldn't either play in the game or it wasn't their home game. Can't remember if they were discussing if it was going to be for premiership points either... Or did I imagine this sharing the peace pipe with Cam Mac?

What's the go with the game up in China? Memory doesn't serve me too well, I though Port Adelaide were affiliated but due to some weird circumstance, they couldn't either play in the game or it wasn't their home game. Can't remember if they were discussing if it was going to be for premiership points either... Or did I imagine this sharing the peace pipe with Cam Mac?
Port organised it all and Gold Coast will be the other team. It will be classed as a Gold Coast home game though.

Imagine the absolutely meltdown in sleepy hollow if Cats lose their first game to a bottom four team.

Zero pressure on the Dockers here, could be a great opportunity to get an early W on the board.
If the last 4-6 years are anything to go by, Freo vs cats games are close games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back