2017 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

The fixture once again is a disgrace. 15 Friday night games for Bulldogs/Swans is ridiculous. I want variety on Friday nights.

All teams should be given equal exposure to the public. This bullshit wouldn't fly in international competitions.

Yeah too bad if Sydney fall off the perch in 2017, Freo style! and if Bullies do a Hawks in 2009 after a flukey flag! They have got all there eggs in those two baskets. Although 8 Thursday night games means Friday night games aren't as big of a deal.

I really want a Freo good friday game each year though. Watching Bullies bust open the Roo's will be a bit of a let down. Anything is better than Carlton on Friday nights though.

I reckon it's an indictment of the AFL fixturing that we get a stiffy because we aren't being sent to woop woop.

The fixture once again is a disgrace. 15 Friday night games for Bulldogs/Swans is ridiculous. I want variety on Friday nights.

All teams should be given equal exposure to the public. This bullshit wouldn't fly in international competitions.
Sydney have 2 Thursday night and EIGHT Friday night games. That's nearly half there games on standalone prime time slots, plus you can bet they have there fair share of Saturday nights. 8 games in Victoria. AFL is nothing more than a scam

Sydney have 2 Thursday night and EIGHT Friday night games. That's nearly half there games on standalone prime time slots, plus you can bet they have there fair share of Saturday nights. 8 games in Victoria. AFL is nothing more than a scam

AFE: Australian Football Entertainment

All about the $$$
No Competition integrity
* you Gill

i love all the sunday arvo games, being involved in local footy on saturday the late saturday/sunday games let me at least use most of the membership

Oh yeah the one when that unco bum finished Sandi's season. Why do West Coast get the good time slot again when it was your deadshit fans got the thing moved away from night in the first place?

Didn't he do is knee leading in to a pack? Or was it just an awkward landing?

Once the afl community see's bennell and fyfe destroying in the guts, Langdon and hill brothers down the wing and the magic which will be in our foward half there gonna wish we we're prime time more.trust me on that

No ANZAC Day game. Are we not interested in having the Len Hall game on the actual day, or did the AFL refuse our request?

No ANZAC Day game. Are we not interested in having the Len Hall game on the actual day, or did the AFL refuse our request?
Think it was our choice because ANZAC Day falls on a Tuesday next yar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

R1 [H] - Geelong
R2 [A] - Port Adelaide
R3 [H] - Western Bulldogs
R4 [A] - Melbourne
R5 [H] - North Melbourne
R6 [A] - West Coast
R7 [H] - Essendon
R8 [A] - Richmond
R9 [H] - Carlton
R10 [A] - Adelaide
R11 [H] - Collingwood
R12 [A] - Brisbane
BYE
R14 [A] - Geelong
R15 [H] - St Kilda
R16 [A] - North Melbourne
R17 [H] - West Coast
R18 [H] - Hawthorn
R19 [A] - Greater West Syd
R20 [H] - Gold Coast
R21 [A] - Sydney
R22 [H] - Richmond
R23 [A] - Essendon

Green - win
Red - loss
Black - 50:50

I've got 8 probably wins, and 6 probable losses. If we win half of the 50:50 games, we should make the finals. Those first four games are so critical for us: if we can get 2 or 3 wins out of them, we're set for a promising season. If we're 0-4, we might as well plan for 2018.
I am happy with the Green written on those sides. Theres only 3-4 teams I want to beat. And we have all 3 of them at home: Carlton, Saints and North. Any other home win is a bonus.

Don't care about no Friday nights but 7 Sunday home games is ordinary.
AFE: Australian Football Entertainment

All about the $$$
No Competition integrity
**** you Gill
No point playing Tough man tony abbott tactics with the AFL.

They know that Freo will sell out their home games. Regardless wjat day it is.

Oh yeah the one when that unco bum finished Sandi's season. Why do West Coast get the good time slot again when it was your deadshit fans got the thing moved away from night in the first place?
Last two night derbies before this year were Freo home games

2013 (4.40 start) and 2007

But yeah it was west coast fans that stuffed it. Nothing to do with all you angelic Freo fans

Meh. Both teams played in the Grand Final.

It's much, much better than the last few years where every second week, you'd be watching Richmond, Carlton, or Collingwood dish up boring shite in front of 35,000 at the G or away to the Crows.

In my opinion they Friday night match should be two teams who were within six spaces of each other the year before. Hawthorn v GWS is going to be as potentially close as the Crows and Cats, same as Collingwood and Port, or Melbourne and St Kilda.

Comparing final 2016 position to number of Thursday/Friday games:
  1. 9 - Bulldogs
  2. 10 - Sydney
  3. 3 - GWS
  4. 6 - Geelong
  5. 4 - Hawthorn
  6. 6 - Adelaide
  7. 3 - West Coast
  8. 2 - Kangaroos
  9. 4 - St Kilda
  10. 3 - Port Adelaide
  11. 1 - Melbourne
  12. 3 - Collingwood
  13. 2 - Richmond
  14. 2 - Carlton
  15. 0 - Gold Coast
  16. 0 - Fremantle
  17. 0 - Brisbane
  18. 2 - Essendon

The outliers:
  • Essendon getting two Friday night games despite coming last.
  • Melbourne probably one game short.
  • St Kilda probably one game too many.
  • Adelaide probably a couple too many.
  • GWS probably a couple too few.
Other than that you can't really complain. #1-6 should be getting 5+ games, #7-14 should be getting 2-3 games, and the bottom four shouldn't get any.

https://hurlingpeoplenow.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/strength-of-schedule-of-the-2017-afl-fixture/

'The biggest anomaly is Fremantle being handicapped harder than Port and North Melbourne, having been given almost a worst-case fixture within the bounds of the AFL’s policy. The Dockers drew the two strongest middle bracket teams (North and the Eagles), while many bottom sides get only one. They also get Richmond, the strongest bottom bracket side, and Geelong, one of the stronger top sides. This is nearly a worst case fixture – only replacing Essendon with a stronger bottom-6 side could make it tougher for them.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back