Strategy 2017 Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjw-6PK38DRAhWGmZQKHYMtCk8QFggfMAE&url=http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2016-08-17/which-cats-bring-the-pressure&usg=AFQjCNFvQWXaQb5G_ZrnjSzBKLiJAv5zbg&sig2=__YS4xMM9WPycwgbCWRkXw

Blitz was our best pressure player for 2016 and this article proves it. I could rest my case there but I won't.

It's great that Joel had high tackle numbers as well but he would have attended many more centre bounces than what Blitz did. When Blitz wasn't in the middle Guthrie was playing as our defensive mid. Check out his tackle numbers and it will paint a very different picture for you and provide some perspective. And hey, if we've got a player as good as Sloane or Priddis running around in the VFL then bring him in for Blitz and you won't hear a complaint from me. The fact is that we don't so it is irrelevant.

Interesting to see Harry Taylor leading the club for 1%ers as well...

Honestly, it's not an excuse and if it was it would have shown up in the B&F results but it didn't. Also, as far as Varcoe and Murdoch go that is for other people to answer for. I have nothing to add on that.
That article was similar to the one where I read he was 22nd. So I was almost sure he'd be our No.1.
I haven't given up hope on him being a midfielder. I still remember round 1 last year.
However the majority of last year I thought he was poor as a mid. Even counting the pressure acts that I didn't notice. If someone's better, even if doing half the pressure stats of Blitz I'd prefer them.
I'd actually like Cockatoo in there. If we're not playing well he's the type of player that can provide a spark and make something happen. Doesn't mind tackling either.
Guess I'm not sold on pressure players.
Im not against him. I want him in as 2nd ruck.
As you said though 6th best player according to the club. Hard to argue with results.

That article was similar to the one where I read he was 22nd. So I was almost sure he'd be our No.1.
I haven't given up hope on him being a midfielder. I still remember round 1 last year.
However the majority of last year I thought he was poor as a mid. Even counting the pressure acts that I didn't notice. If someone's better, even if doing half the pressure stats of Blitz I'd prefer them.
I'd actually like Cockatoo in there. If we're not playing well he's the type of player that can provide a spark and make something happen. Doesn't mind tackling either.
Guess I'm not sold on pressure players.
Im not against him. I want him in as 2nd ruck.
As you said though 6th best player according to the club. Hard to argue with results.
Yeah I'd like to see Cockatoo spend some time in there as well. He could be a real impact player for us if given some short spells in there so hopefully with another pre season under his belt he'll be fit enough to be able to do that.

Back to Blitz, at least we agree that he should be in the team as our second ruckman.

So it seems Taylor and Hawkins will be two permanent tall forwards, can anybody tell me the last time any team won the flag with two tall slow KP permanent forwards? This is where Scott is so poor, it's obvious forward line play is going the way of athletic quick medium small forwards with at most one permanent KPF - so frustrating.

So it seems Taylor and Hawkins will be two permanent tall forwards, can anybody tell me the last time any team won the flag with two tall slow KP permanent forwards? This is where Scott is so poor, it's obvious forward line play is going the way of athletic quick medium small forwards with at most one permanent KPF - so frustrating.

As posted by CE in the pre-season thread, Taylor matched Mots in the sprints today.

As posted by CE in the pre-season thread, Taylor matched Mots in the sprints today.
You really think Mots would've been going his hardest? Get 'em to do a time trial over 20 meters and we'll see how 'fast,' Taylor is.

Also CE is massively biased he doesn't believe speed plays any part in a great modern AFL team hence why he was made such a fool of by the Bulldogs last season. So he'd be looking to justify his position - fact is we all know if Mot's was going his fastest Taylor wouldn't touch him, I reckon only Lonergan, Hawkins, GHS, and Zac Smith would be slower than Taylor over 20 meters at the club.

No, probably not. He wouldn't want to be putting his best foot forward to impress the coaches.
Ha, ha, yeah cause sprinting his heart out every sprint at training would really impress them. Ha, ha, ha. It's a bloody warm up exercise.

Also CE is massively biased he doesn't believe speed plays any part in a great modern AFL team hence why he was made such a fool of by the Bulldogs last season. So he'd be looking to justify his position - fact is we all know if Mot's was going his fastest Taylor wouldn't touch him, I reckon only Lonergan, Hawkins, GHS, and Zac Smith would be slower than Taylor over 20 meters at the club.

Guess everyone has a bias, some stronger than others, hey?

So lets get it on record then catempire thinks Taylor is as fast as Motlop?
I mean it is ludricrous! Still nothing surprises me these days on this board, the level of delusion grows to ever dizzying heights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, he merely commented on what happened today.
He inferred he thought Taylor was quick as a player that's what the whole observation is about, and we as a collective supporter group (apologies to those Geelong supporters with any sight issues) can see clearly Taylor is slow.

Hard to comment without having seen the intensity, or lack of it, first hand.

The coach/s must've seen a purpose to it.
Yeah it's a warm up, and most likely would've been run by the fitness staff rather than coaches.

Imagine how many percenters he could get if he weren't so darn slow! :D
Top 5 for 1% at Geelong in 2016.
Taylor
Henderson
Lonergan
Smith
Enright
______

Real Mosquito fleet there.
Still wondering what the relationship between 1% and pace is again?

Top 5 for 1% at Geelong in 2016.
Taylor
Henderson
Lonergan
Smith
Enright
______

Real Mosquito fleet there.
Still wondering what the relationship between 1% and pace is again?
I have no idea what you're on about.

it worked in 2007 and 2099. Pods was a bit quicker in 2011.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back