Position 2017 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Do you really think there are 8 better teams going around this season?
I'll give you Sydney,Dogs,GWS,Crows to finish ahead, who else do you rate ? saints, dees and port??

Geelong? We have topped up sufficiently again for that muppet to keep his job with a top 5 finish again. West Coast should make the bottom half of the 8. I would have thought Hawthorn would be in a group of 4-5 vying for the 6th-10th spots. You can make it but I'd be shocked if you got a double chance or made a prelim.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Hawks make the 8 no worries.
Geelong still a top 4 chance.
West Coast and Crows will do well possible top 4 as well.
Dogs and Sydney top 4.
Then the premiers GWS who can finish wherever they want. The engraver has started work already :rolleyes:

St Kilda to improve the most.

Sir Skid

Just one Kegs lady boys!
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Ex-Moderator St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2016
Nov 30, 2012
Behind you
AFL Club
St Kilda
No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

No
YES
images

Jul 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Geelong? We have topped up sufficiently again for that muppet to keep his job with a top 5 finish again. West Coast should make the bottom half of the 8. I would have thought Hawthorn would be in a group of 4-5 vying for the 6th-10th spots. You can make it but I'd be shocked if you got a double chance or made a prelim.
Agree you will be around the mark again, who did you gain in the trade period? Tuohy and Black (ex north??) and lost Jimmeh and Boris to retirements. Add to that Kersten, Smedts and Caddy i guess those guys have had injuries and won't affect you too much.? 7/8 games at Skilled right? I would happily agree you would finish higher than hawthorn (unless key injuries)

Daniel McL

Brownlow Medallist
May 21, 2014
ACT
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Agree you will be around the mark again, who did you gain in the trade period? Tuohy and Black (ex north??) and lost Jimmeh and Boris to retirements. Add to that Kersten, Smedts and Caddy i guess those guys have had injuries and won't affect you too much.? 7/8 games at Skilled right? I would happily agree you would finish higher than hawthorn (unless key injuries)

Boris was the big loss, his experience was amazing & was still playing great footy. Jimmy as good as he was was definitely slowing down.

We're hoping Tuohy (trade) & Thurlow (returning from ACL) can cover to the best of their ability the Boris loss + Mackie starting to slow down.

Kersten & Smedts showed good signs at times but not massive losses. Caddy was pretty big loss if he was playing full time midfielder but got injured during season & by time he returned he had Menegola ahead of him so decided to leave to Tigers for greater midfield time which I can understand.

To be honest I think we'll be around 5-8 mark this year. If we are to make top 4 it will depend on the guys who didn't have full pre-seasons/seasons last year like Menegola, Scott Selwood, Menzel, Thurlow + if guys like Tuohy & Black can thrive at a new club + youngsters like Cockatoo & Lang need to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KenTucker

All Australian
Jan 25, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just on Motlop again...

His scoring patterns seem quite clear to me.

In wins scores very well
In losses scores below average

If Geelong were guaranteed 16, 17+ wins he'd be a lay down misere pick.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Just on Motlop again...

His scoring patterns seem quite clear to me.

In wins scores very well
In losses scores below average

If Geelong were guaranteed 16, 17+ wins he'd be a lay down misere pick.

Geelong won 17 games last year. Motlop averaged 84.1 with 9 games under 80.

Last years average of 84.1 was his second best year in his career with the year before being his best SC year with a whopping average of 88.

KenTucker

All Australian
Jan 25, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geelong won 17 games last year. Motlop averaged 84.1 with 9 games under 80.

Last years average of 84.1 was his second best year in his career with the year before being his best SC year with a whopping average of 88.
My bad, maybe they have to win 20 games for him to be a good pick. His highest score in a loss was 80.

motlop.png

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
My bad, maybe they have to win 20 games for him to be a good pick. His highest score in a loss was 80.

View attachment 327409

Yeah but its the 51, 56, 58 and 63 in wins that's the damning part. That's effectively 2 donuts over 4 games for a true FWD premos output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back