Position 2017 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might be old news to some, but SEN had an intraclub wrap-up on Sunday, couple of items noted:
Angus Brayshaw impressed - played second half, apparently coming back from calf tweak(?)
Jon Pierik seemed to think Nankervis was in box seat for no. 1 ruck mantle (was news to me, not sure on that)
D Swallow going v well, likely to see a bit of fwd time initially (I.e. not pure midfield)
Beams tracking ok, managed preseason
Christensen missed 1-2 weeks after plate removal, but very fit, moving well
Mason Wood apparently absolutely flying.

Thoughts on K Stevens. Seems like his not in starting 22. I'm messing with my head / team.

I think he's in the best 22- most likely straight in for Dunstan imo (need to see if Luke's tank has improved significantly) or a Gilbert type could be out of the 22. Most have him on the bench in the Saints board best 22 thread. Our depth has really grown and it's almost impossible to select a best 22 without leaving out personal favourites now, and I think Koby is one of those that has come in and is likely to come straight into the team based on what he's shown at AFL level when fit and given time in the midfield.

"He has played a lot of footy and done a lot of preseasons and is a very hard worker on the training track, so he has won the respect of his teammates already with the way he has applied himself. We are really excited by what he can do for us." - Richo's words on Koby yesterday.

"A meeting with St Kilda Coach Alan Richardson helped convince Koby Stevens that a sea change might be in the best interests of his career, advice that assisted the hard-working midfielder choose the Saints as his new home." - from our website a couple months ago.

Should get a fair amount of midfield time considering some more big bodies would be of use, last year we only really ran with Steven, Armo, Ross and Dunstan (who could only managed 65-75% TOG most games) at centre bounces until the last 6 games or so. Got killed in the clearances fairly often. Guys like Acres, Stevens (and Steele) will come into the mix for rotations through midfield and resting at half forward. Gresh and Billings as well but less so than those 3 I would imagine.

If he shows good form in the JLT he's not a bad pick at all- I've got Roo and Acres in my forward line so it wouldn't be wise to pick him as well but there's definitely good reasoning behind Koby as a selection.

Hey 12 Chill, thanks for the increase in knowledge. Looking at Steele too, who you mentioned above. I'll see how his foot handles the pre season games. Gosh, Saints are looking good on paper. Still hope the Pies smash you when that game rolls round (preferably not at etihad). This guy D Mac is looking the goods. Not for SC reasons, just looking the goods. Best of luck R4.

Might be old news to some, but SEN had an intraclub wrap-up on Sunday, couple of items noted:
Angus Brayshaw impressed - played second half, apparently coming back from calf tweak(?)
Jon Pierik seemed to think Nankervis was in box seat for no. 1 ruck mantle (was news to me, not sure on that)
D Swallow going v well, likely to see a bit of fwd time initially (I.e. not pure midfield)
Beams tracking ok, managed preseason
Christensen missed 1-2 weeks after plate removal, but very fit, moving well
Mason Wood apparently absolutely flying.
Hampson hasn't trained a whole lot yet which probably puts that round 1 spot pretty up in the air. From what I've heard Nank has been exceptional around the ground but not as good with his tap work, the anti-hampson if you will

Hampson hasn't trained a whole lot yet which probably puts that round 1 spot pretty up in the air. From what I've heard Nank has been exceptional around the ground but not as good with his tap work, the anti-hampson if you will
So an anti-Hampson would presumably date someone like....

23486D0900000578-2846572-image-10_1416779260007.jpg

Aah, ok, makes sense. thought hampson was quite OK as a tap ruckman last year and would have 'first dibs' vs Nankervis coming in (if right to go).

Will be interesting to see who gets the gig /if a combo is trialed.

Aah, ok, makes sense. thought hampson was quite OK as a tap ruckman last year and would have 'first dibs' vs Nankervis coming in (if right to go).

Will be interesting to see who gets the gig /if a combo is trialed.
Yeh, Hampson has always been a great tap ruckman but the difference last year is the he improved his around the ground work to an almost competent level, had a decent year all in all. Probably gets the nod if he's 100%, and I think (hope) that we will most likely not play 2 pure ruckmen, although its a possibility if Griffiths struggles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what the Pies were thinking grabbing Mayne tbh, never been a great footballer. Will see how we use him I guess but at this stage #notmymayne

Not sure what the Pies were thinking grabbing Mayne tbh, never been a great footballer. Will see how we use him I guess but at this stage #notmymayne
I'm a fan, I think he'll add something up forward

just not SC relevant

#GetOnTheCock

But nah seriously I think both Lang & Cockatoo will improve quite a lot this season but they are both awkwardly priced + won't improve so much to be worthwhile selections.

Only Geelong players I would tell people to consider in the first place would be Danger, J. Selwood, Thurlow, Tuohy, Stewart, Black & Motlop. And if you've got massive balls then Menegola.

I have Danger, Thurlow, Stewart & Black out of those at moment.
Can I ask why THurlow is so hot at the moment. I see him in a lot of projected teams down back. Looks a nice price.
Thanks Dmac.

Has Mayne ever played down back? You may very well need a miracle if Ried snaps in half. :(

Dunn / Howe / White / Keeffe if played down back, Schade maybe (apparently going well thus far on the rookie list) would be looked at first, you'd think.

Wouldn't think the angry crab would venture outside the fwds, but not that across it, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back