Position 2017 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chad's previous averages were off the back of scoring plenty of goals.
Presumably more mid minutes = less goals, negating more mid time benefits.

Plus i can't see him playing the year as a mid.
Especially if kens job starts looking shakey.
The great chad wingard midfielder experiment could be over before too long.

Whereas miller and heeney are destined to be mids, it's just a matter of when

Let's just see how much midfield time Heeney gets once the real stuff starts.

Miller is on the watch list but I want to see what their midfield structure is like with Ablett, Barlow, Hanley, Swallow, Lyons, Hall.

Ablett should probably only play forward but he will most likely demand midfield minutes to try and win another Chaz.

Wingard is the most likely one of the 3 to go 90+ imo.

Gray was just a half forward once too, now a premium midfielder.

You can take all of Wingard, Miller and Heeney. All are likely to improve on their averages and have shown themselves to be capable of producing high scores in the past.

All going to be a matter of how much midfield time they get; and I suspect they'll all feature prominently there this year.

You can take all of Wingard, Miller and Heeney. All are likely to improve on their averages and have shown themselves to be capable of producing high scores in the past.

All going to be a matter of how much midfield time they get; and I suspect they'll all feature prominently there this year.

Does or has Wingards SC scoring ever correlate to being a midfielder??

Any Port or GCS player within the $420-460k range for me is a wait and see due to the byes, both in the forwards (Chad and Touk) and on all other lines. You will be risking probably $100k starting and the trades to trade them in (if they are considered necessary to trade in on their respective lines, and not really a risk on trades considering SOME premo needs to be traded in). I believe the ability to wait and see whether they become premos or whether they crash and burn is worth this much post Round 9.

The only exception to this I would say is Ryder, given his somewhat underpriced and key coverage for the Ruck line.

Any Port or GCS player within the $420-460k range for me is a wait and see due to the byes, both in the forwards (Chad and Touk) and on all other lines. You will be risking probably $100k starting and the trades to trade them in (if they are considered necessary to trade in on their respective lines, and not really a risk on trades considering SOME premo needs to be traded in). I believe the ability to wait and see whether they become premos or whether they crash and burn is worth this much post Round 9.

The only exception to this I would say is Ryder, given his somewhat underpriced and key coverage for the Ruck line.

Having ryder doubts

Not sure he'll be a top 10fwd

Already going with Gray, Ryder, Hartlett and Swallow so can't fit a 5th R9 bye player in my team. Only player I would consider doing it would be Gaz.

Thinking of selecting two but how would people rank the following players...Heeney, Touk, Wingard, Ryder, Roughy and Billings from best to least chance of being a top FWD that can last till FWD 5&6
This is currently the most discussed,(other than rucks) topic on this board.
The answer is Who The Hell Knows!!

Thinking of selecting two but how would people rank the following players...Heeney, Touk, Wingard, Ryder, Roughy and Billings from best to least chance of being a top FWD that can last till FWD 5&6
Ill go...
Ryder (providing he is predominantly a no.1 ruck)
Touk
Heeney
Rough
Billings (not quite just yet)

Chad (banned from all future teams here)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughie
Ryder
Wingard
Heeney
Touk
Billings

Ryder
Roughead
Heeney
Wingard
Miller
Billings

my exact order for my liking but dont know if its worth getting ryder if i have goldstein or grundy R2
Yeah I have him at R2 because other than Gawn rucks are a mess.
But as a forward there's better options out there (unless you need him as cover)
Heeney, Touk and even Wingard will all get midfield time and haven't missed the last 18 months of footy.

Yeah I have him at R2 because other than Gawn rucks are a mess.
But as a forward there's better options out there (unless you need him as cover)
Heeney, Touk and even Wingard will all get midfield time and haven't missed the last 18 months of footy.
depending how ryder goes in the next three games i could even slot him in as my R2 as hes been in and out of my team but could even lean towards wingard as he has history of average in the high 90s previously

depending how ryder goes in the next three games i could even slot him in as my R2 as hes been in and out of my team but could even lean towards wingard as he has history of average in the high 90s previously
Just keep in mind Port and Gold Coasts round 9 bye. Don't start with too many of them.

Just keep in mind Port and Gold Coasts round 9 bye. Don't start with too many of them.
i only have 1 rd 9 player at the moment starting in SPP but considering touk/wingard for fwd 2 and ryder r2 so need to see more preseason games to make final decision but probably will change 100 times and make a change 5mins before lockout

I'm still holding out hope that Mumford gets a soft tissue injury that rules him out for a reasonable amount of time.

Dawson Simpson @ $155k would be handy.

More likely to be Downie TBH. When Mumford missed the Essendon game, Downie got the nod.

Loads of folks jumping on Black after the weekend, understandably at that price.
Is he best 22 at Geelong?
Can the Cats play all of Hawkins, Taylor, resting ruckman (Stanley) and Black in the same forward line, as well as Smith and Blicavz further afield? That's pretty top heavy.
Do they play all of them?
Will they roll with just the one ruckman supported by Blicavz?
Black missing out is the only other realistic possibility for mine

Loads of folks jumping on Black after the weekend, understandably at that price.
Is he best 22 at Geelong?
Can the Cats play all of Hawkins, Taylor, resting ruckman (Stanley) and Black in the same forward line, as well as Smith and Blicavz further afield? That's pretty top heavy.
Do they play all of them?
Will they roll with just the one ruckman supported by Blicavz?
Black missing out is the only other realistic possibility for mine
he's $130k and kicked on the weekend for a team that desperately need some help for Hawkins.. why not jump on?

see what happens over the next few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back