Position 2017 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's $130k and kicked on the weekend for a team that desperately need some help for Hawkins.. why not jump on?

see what happens over the next few weeks
Isn't Taylor providing that help though?
I'm just not certain that football wise, all of these guys can coexist in the same 22. Unless Taylor returns to defence, which is another possibility I suppose.
Of the guys I listed, I see Black as being the most likely to be left out. Scott may play all of them, just presents some issues around team balance I would have thought

Isn't Taylor providing that help though?
I'm just not certain that football wise, all of these guys can coexist in the same 22. Unless Taylor returns to defence, which is another possibility I suppose.
Of the guys I listed, I see Black as being the most likely to be left out. Scott may play all of them, just presents some issues around team balance I would have thought
if he lines up in round 1 after a great JLT then he's in most peoples teams

Loads of folks jumping on Black after the weekend, understandably at that price.
Is he best 22 at Geelong?
Can the Cats play all of Hawkins, Taylor, resting ruckman (Stanley) and Black in the same forward line, as well as Smith and Blicavz further afield? That's pretty top heavy.
Do they play all of them?
Will they roll with just the one ruckman supported by Blicavz?
Black missing out is the only other realistic possibility for mine
I've had him in since before JLT1 on the basis that if he can play his way into the side he's a no-brainer, and the right price for a placeholder at worst. His last 2 years at NM were snake-bitten. He did go through a patch of horrible lack of confidence (and motivation maybe?) after his shoulder reco, then got the worst job in the VFL - key forward at North Ballarat. Last year was going well and probably would have slotted in for Wood but got injured at the same time.

Hasn't lost his talent and I hope the change of scene is good for him. Scott's gone tall before and he's mobile enough to play higher up the ground. Can see him pressing his case of the rest of JLT.

Loads of folks jumping on Black after the weekend, understandably at that price.
Is he best 22 at Geelong?
Can the Cats play all of Hawkins, Taylor, resting ruckman (Stanley) and Black in the same forward line, as well as Smith and Blicavz further afield? That's pretty top heavy.
Do they play all of them?
Will they roll with just the one ruckman supported by Blicavz?
Black missing out is the only other realistic possibility for mine

Plus henderson.
You could be right.

However they don't play blitz as a tall, surely taylor will only be a part time fwd at best, and black himself isn't exactly a giant.

So i don't thing there's too much to worry about if he keeps showing form

I've had him in since before JLT1 on the basis that if he can play his way into the side he's a no-brainer, and the right price for a placeholder at worst. His last 2 years at NM were snake-bitten. He did go through a patch of horrible lack of confidence (and motivation maybe?) after his shoulder reco, then got the worst job in the VFL - key forward at North Ballarat. Last year was going well and probably would have slotted in for Wood but got injured at the same time.

Hasn't lost his talent and I hope the change of scene is good for him. Scott's gone tall before and he's mobile enough to play higher up the ground. Can see him pressing his case of the rest of JLT.

Does he go third tall alongside Taylor and Hawkins then? A 2013 of 76.3 across 18 games, and a 2014 of 58.2 across 22 games certainly has me interested. From what I saw, he looked hungry and fit against Hawks.

I remember someone mentioning Macrae was aiming to increase his contested possessions this year? Is this true, dogs fans? Pogba

Only played half a game JLT1, but only 4 of his 13 were contested. IMO he won't average over 100 if he doesn't increase CP.

I remember someone mentioning Macrae was aiming to increase his contested possessions this year? Is this true, dogs fans? Pogba
IMO he won't average over 100 if he doesn't increase CP.

With all due respect, who cares?

Only 7 or so fwds averaged over 100 last year.
And that was with lots of m/f options like zerrit, parker, dusty, bont available.

Far fewer juicy m/f options this year means a 95ish ave from jack will be more than fine.

And that was with lots of m/f options like zerrit, parker, dusty, bont available.

Far fewer juicy m/f options this year means a 95ish ave from jack will be more than fine.

There is a salary cap, so I care. There are a number of options for 80k less that could average 95.

Only played half a game JLT1, but only 4 of his 13 were contested. IMO he won't average over 100 if he doesn't increase CP.
Word out of the club is Hunter and Daniel are the two who are going play more inside.

Macrae doesn't really need to move more inside, he plays there anyway. He averaged 100 in his second year as an outside mid, then 98 the year after when he went inside. He'll be around that mark again.

Macrae will be a top six forward. I'll put every dollar to my name on that.

There is a salary cap, so I care. There are a number of options for 80k less that could average 95.

Fair enough, i understand the name of the game is buy low, sell high.

But maccrae looks to be a premo sure thing to score at least where he's priced, and finish the year in the top handful of fwds.

In a position where premo sure things with scope for improvement (and not overpriced) are in short supply, I'll be looking for value elsewhere personally.

Really tempted to take Lynch but was checking how he went while May (now out for this year) missed the big chunk of games last year:
71, 69, 122, 42, 78
Doesn't look good, but the low scores came against North (when they were going well), Cats, GWS, Crows
The 122 was vs Melbourne.
Sooo... is there anything in this or was it just the strong opposition and being a KPF?
Thoughts?

Edit: Maybe May played back anyway? Didn't see much of them last year and always confuse May with Day :drunk:

Last edited:
Really tempted to take Lynch but was checking how he went while May (now out for this year) missed the big chunk of games last year:
71, 69, 122, 42, 78
Doesn't look good, but the low scores came against North (when they were going well), Cats, GWS, Crows
The 122 was vs Melbourne.
Sooo... is there anything in this or was it just the strong opposition and being a KPF?
Thoughts?
Day is the one who's out for the year

On R7sf using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parker or Bont weren't DPP last year or I would have pounced on them both.

Parker or Bont weren't DPP last year or I would have pounced on them both.

Ah must have been thinking of the year previous.
Substitute parker and bont with montagna and tmitch or something.

The point is/was, there's a lot less mid/fwd options that are really mainly mids this year.
Ergo, fwd averages for say the top 10 will be down on last years

Ah must have been thinking of the year previous.
Substitute parker and bont with montagna and tmitch or something.

The point is/was, there's a lot less mid/fwd options that are really mainly mids this year.
Ergo, fwd averages for say the top 10 will be down on last years
Yeah thought you were...

I recall everyone jumped on Parker in the mids after he burnt me in the fwds the year before.

Oh, and Bont was a lock fwd in 2015, 2016 he was mid only so not so popular but was a great late year inclusion...

History is repeating a little as year SC coaches are balking once again at the great man in the mids.

Which is understandable to a degree with 3rd man up changes and injury rumours.

I doubt anyone is going to pick him, especially with Dahlhaus and Macrae up fwd, but Caleb Daniel was really impressive on the weekend. I'm starting to think he can push his average into the 88-92 range. Could be a handy pick.

Probably more in a draft aspect.

Word out of the club is Hunter and Daniel are the two who are going play more inside.

Macrae doesn't really need to move more inside, he plays there anyway. He averaged 100 in his second year as an outside mid, then 98 the year after when he went inside. He'll be around that mark again.

Macrae will be a top six forward. I'll put every dollar to my name on that.
Pogs, I didn't watch a lot of the Dogs last year, I had Dahl, and was great til his injury. McCrae I have no idea about. Is he 'just' another Dahl, ie forward that rotates through the mids? Or is he a bona fide mid that rests forward? How does Dahl fit in here?
I see a lot of people are picking both! Who has more upside? Who is more durable.

Thanks. :)

Pogs, I didn't watch a lot of the Dogs last year, I had Dahl, and was great til his injury. McCrae I have no idea about. Is he 'just' another Dahl, ie forward that rotates through the mids? Or is he a bona fide mid that rests forward? How does Dahl fit in here?
I see a lot of people are picking both! Who has more upside? Who is more durable.

Thanks. :)
We change our midfield mix so much that it's hard to get a read on. When push comes to shove our starting midfield is Bontempelli, Liberatore and Dahlhaus with Macrae and Hunter on the wings. But like I said that changes was too much to get a read on. There were times in the finals where our starting three would be Picken, Smith and Dunkley.

Macrae doesn't really play forward. He's either on the wing or in the centre square, I don't know how he got DP. Dahlhaus is probably 80/20 midfield/forward.

Both have only have one injury each while at the club, the knee and hammy last year. So durability is the same.

I'd pick both but if it had to be one it would be Dahlhaus. He's really stepped it up the last two years and IMO is our third best player behind Bontempelli and Wood. He'll probably go to fourth once Libba gets back to his pre knee form.

Honestly, I think picking both is the way to go.

We change our midfield mix so much that it's hard to get a read on. When push comes to shove our starting midfield is Bontempelli, Liberatore and Dahlhaus with Macrae and Hunter on the wings. But like I said that changes was too much to get a read on. There were times in the finals where our starting three would be Picken, Smith and Dunkley.

Macrae doesn't really play forward. He's either on the wing or in the centre square, I don't know how he got DP. Dahlhaus is probably 80/20 midfield/forward.

Both have only have one injury each while at the club, the knee and hammy last year. So durability is the same.

I'd pick both but if it had to be one it would be Dahlhaus. He's really stepped it up the last two years and IMO is our third best player behind Bontempelli and Wood. He'll probably go to fourth once Libba gets back to his pre knee form.

Honestly, I think picking both is the way to go.
Thankyou for your time mate. Has McCrae had a lot of hammy injuries?

Cheers again man.

Thankyou for your time mate. Has McCrae had a lot of hammy injuries?

Cheers again man.
As far as I know that's the only injury he has ever had. Def his first since we drafted him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back