Emmanuel Macron, President of the French Republic

Remove this Banner Ad

What percentage of news stories do you think are genuinely truth seeking vs those that are pushed to either make $$$, serve a particular audience or push a particular narrative?
Sigh. Trump bogans still don't get the difference between news with an agenda and simply making s**t up.

Sigh. Trump bogans still don't get the difference between news with an agenda and simply making s**t up.

In the real world there isn't a sharp line separating the two. There's almost always a kernel of truth in all stories that get traction, the difference is how far the speculation/'unnamed senior officials'/omitted & misleading information goes.

I thought Le Penn was Putin's choice?
Anyone is Putins choice, but there is suspicion that he has links to Putin and only recently did he get a giant cash injection and a major social media push.. Russian meddling? Probably. He was nowhere in the polls a month ago, 11%, now he's 20%.

Anyone is Putins choice, but there is suspicion that he has links to Putin and only recently did he get a giant cash injection and a major social media push.. Russian meddling? Probably. He was nowhere in the polls a month ago, 11%, now he's 20%.
Thank you, I much prefer when you give me background info. From what you said, I also pieced together that he's not interested in keeping NATO together, which further validates what you said.

Why would you want the EU to fall?
It's virtually a 'United States of Europe' that diminishes the sovereignty of member states by pushing their laws and economics on those member states. The German and other Western European economies continue to benefit while the Spain's, Italy's and Greece's continue to struggle after being given false hope.

From attempting to force states to take on ridiculous amounts of what are largely economic migrants, to selling false economic hope to the states previously mentioned.

But what annoys me most is when pro-EU people label themselves as 'Europeans'. A 'European' is a contrived nationality. I'm a believer of independence and neutrality, much like the Swiss.

#Frexit would virtually spell the end for the EU.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While you're here, and as you seem quite knowledgable about this, could you give a very short and succinct explanation of how the French election works? This is my first rodeo, cowboy.
It's first pas the post, but they only win if they get a majority in the first round. If not (which of course is likely) then a run off will be conducted between the two leading vote winners after round 1. Hence why Le Pen is favoured to win round 1 but not round 2.

It's virtually a 'United States of Europe' that diminishes the sovereignty of member states by pushing their laws and economics on those member states. The German and other Western European economies continue to benefit while the Spain's, Italy's and Greece's continue to struggle after being given false hope.

From attempting to force states to take on ridiculous amounts of what are largely economic migrants, to selling false economic hope to the states previously mentioned.

But what annoys me most is when pro-EU people label themselves as 'Europeans'. A 'European' is a contrived nationality. I'm a believer of independence and neutrality, much like the Swiss.

#Frexit would virtually spell the end for the EU.
Well they only push specific laws if countries wish to join, but every country has almost free reign over what they do. With regards to economic migrants, that is every country, not just the EU countries. Swiss is hardly independent or neutral as you say. Sure they were in WWII but that was a long time ago.

So if le Pen was to drive ahead with "Frexit", and a couple of other campaigner states went that way too, does this infer that there would be a chasm between the exiters and the remainers? Enhancing the potential for conflict. Because that is very interesting. The contrast between the ideologies is strong. You can see it in America in the way the militant factions engage.... both sides are keen to do well.
And it seems that wherever you are, violence is just around the corner. Trump is right when he says it's carnage... he is of course front and centre with the aggression and not exactly part of the solution but that will need to play out I guess.
Things get serious when this happens. It brings the division home.

Well they only push specific laws if countries wish to join, but every country has almost free reign over what they do. With regards to economic migrants, that is every country, not just the EU countries. Swiss is hardly independent or neutral as you say. Sure they were in WWII but that was a long time ago.
Once you join, it isn't easy to leave. And the propaganda the EU sends out brings false hope to poorer states and desperate governments of those states. EU have a ridiculous open border policy and now unprecedented amounts of economic migrants are fleeing to Europe, thankfully some member states have stood up to the EU and rejected plans to settle mass amounts of migrants

Switzerland were not in WWII. In fact they've been in a state of neutrality since the 1800's. Luckily due to their natural mountainous geography it wasn't an easy task for Nazi Germany to invade Switzerland.

Once you join, it isn't easy to leave. And the propaganda the EU sends out brings false hope to poorer states and desperate governments of those states. EU have a ridiculous open border policy and now unprecedented amounts of economic migrants are fleeing to Europe, thankfully some member states have stood up to the EU and rejected plans to settle mass amounts of migrants

Switzerland were not in WWII. In fact they've been in a state of neutrality since the 1800's. Luckily due to their natural mountainous geography it wasn't an easy task for Nazi Germany to invade Switzerland.
Having been in the poorer states of the EU recently, they love it and it's beneficial to them because they get more out than they put in because the idea is to build Europe up as a whole, not just benefit the rich. Not sure where you get an open border policy from because I guarantee you they did not have an open border policy, it was left up to the states themselves. As you mention there is propaganda but it looks like you've swallowed some hook, line and sinker.

I never said Switzerland was in WWII, I said that was about the last time they were completely neutral. Swizterland is mountainous to the west and south, but the plateau was easy to invade. Switzerland are in the Schengen agreement and the European Single market, so neutrality is long gone.

Having been in the poorer states of the EU recently, they love it and it's beneficial to them because they get more out than they put in because the idea is to build Europe up as a whole, not just benefit the rich. Not sure where you get an open border policy from because I guarantee you they did not have an open border policy, it was left up to the states themselves. As you mention there is propaganda but it looks like you've swallowed some hook, line and sinker.

I never said Switzerland was in WWII, I said that was about the last time they were completely neutral. Swizterland is mountainous to the west and south, but the plateau was easy to invade. Switzerland are in the Schengen agreement and the European Single market, so neutrality is long gone.
Have to agree to disagree on first point, as the people I know from Europe are largely mixed on the EU.

The individual states that have it, then try to ease the pressure by attempting to distribute them to other EU member states via political pressure. Look at the current case of Poland and Hungary refusing to take the current 'quota' and member states pressuring them to do so. Domino effect, or an attempted domino effect at least.

I was speaking neutrality on a military front, but you can hardly say politically they've sold themselves out on that. I could say the Schengen Agreement was the only somewhat positive of the EU - although I don't agree with it wholly and believe amendments need to be made, but as I'm sure you know it was initially operated independently of the EU and, can do so without it.

Have to agree to disagree on first point, as the people I know from Europe are largely mixed on the EU.

The individual states that have it, then try to ease the pressure by attempting to distribute them to other EU member states via political pressure. Look at the current case of Poland and Hungary refusing to take the current 'quota' and member states pressuring them to do so. Domino effect, or an attempted domino effect at least.

I was speaking neutrality on a military front, but you can hardly say politically they've sold themselves out on that. I could say the Schengen Agreement was the only somewhat positive of the EU - although I don't agree with it wholly and believe amendments need to be made, but as I'm sure you know it was initially operated independently of the EU and, can do so without it.
Well, do you know anyone from Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia? Because I spent a decent amount of time in all 3 and the locals liked the EU. As do a lot of slovakians. Probably young people versus old people though.

That was due to an arrangement that was made well before the European Migrant crisis, look up the Dublin Agreement to understand more.

They are no longer neutral. Being part of the Single Market and Schengen area negates their neutrality as they are sided with the EU. They opened their borders, something that a neutral country never does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back