Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got to pay that one Sanders , or is it too early to make the call still? :(
The point was that 28 yo Jenkins for 5 years isn't necessarily better than Vickery for 2 years, depending on your team's requirements.

At the moment, both deals are looking pretty bad. Both players have been dropped. Vickery has performed worse, but Jenkins has a much longer contract.

Jury still out for me.

If Jenkins gets dropped again this season then the 5 year commitment will be under serious question.

If Jenkins comes good at 5 goals per game then it's looking solid.

The point was that 28 yo Jenkins for 5 years isn't necessarily better than Vickery for 2 years, depending on your team's requirements.

At the moment, both deals are looking pretty bad. Both players have been dropped. Vickery has performed worse, but Jenkins has a much longer contract.

Jury still out for me.

If Jenkins gets dropped again this season then the 5 year commitment will be under serious question.

If Jenkins comes good at 5 goals per game then it's looking reasonable.

Wow, just WOW.

Why not 6 or maybe 7 goals or even 8 a game..

Buddy got nothing on JJ..

Jury still out for me.

FFS, if Jenkins comes good at 5 goals a game it is the steal on the century

Jury still out for me.

Do you honestly think JJ would have been dropped at anytime this season if not for the cracked ribs?
If you're using JJ's being dropped without factoring in the cracked ribs your argument on his dropping versus Vickery is less than wafer thin.

Do you honestly think JJ would have been dropped at anytime this season if not for the cracked ribs?
If you're using JJ's being dropped without factoring in the cracked ribs your argument on his dropping versus Vickery is less than wafer thin.

Agree. I think the problem was bringing him straight back into the senior side, then dropping him. If they'd brought him back through the SANFL (as they should have given that he missed what - 4 games?), he could have played himself back into form before getting recalled. I reckon a layoff that long should normally require a return through the SANFL unless it's somebody absolutely crucial team structure. Given that we didn't lose a game while he was out, I think we could have afforded to take the measured approach rather than rushing him back.

Thanks, Campo. One of these days you're really going to have to find where D-Mac is keeping those photos and burn them. Only then will you truly be free.
Maybe I'm a narcissist that gets a kick out of David playing and struggling week in week out until he is 40, to the point that Adelaide BigFooty self-combusts

Thursday, 25 May 2017
Tom Rockliff has told Brisbane he wants to turn his back on free agency and play on at the Gabba.
"Tom has indicated that he wants to stay, so I think those talks are happening now," Brisbane CEO Greg Swann told SEN radio.

"He's had a super year, Tom, and we think that indications are really positive, so we'll see how that unfolds."

Nick Bowen for AFL.com.au

He wanted to stay last year too

But his contract demands were significant

Tucker is doing quite well for a kid in his second season, coming up for his 19th AFL game on the weekend and dominating whenever he plays in the WAFL, if that's your definition of "spuddy" you're a very hard marker, Steele would be playing midfield for Adelaide in season 2017 without even a shadow of doubt and we'd be a better team for it, perhaps you've missed Alan Richardson's glowing assessment of Jack's input at St. Kilda?? If "spuddy" is your assessment on Steele I'd have to question your eye for talent.

Anderson I'll concede has been a major disappointment.

Tyrone Vickery however.....:eek::$

The only eye for talent particularly impressed with Steele is one that scans fantasy score sheets ;)

Oh come on, that's just mealy mouthed weasel words at their finest

Remember last year, whenever JJ doesn't perform it's because he's injured and shouldn't be selected

How convenient.

Maybe not 5 but JJ could get to 3 or 4 per game

But with his bad habits and how he would likely go about getting them, I doubt he could maintain a spot in the team if his goal average went that high

True, just thought the bar for break even on JJ was a little extreme. If he averaged over 2.5 goals a game for the duration of his contract, then we have done well, it means 5 years of 50 goal seasons. In saying that, I'd be far happier that he learnt to chase with the same conviction as he does when he is running back to goal.

True, just thought the bar for break even on JJ was a little extreme. If he averaged over 2.5 goals a game for the duration of his contract, then we have done well, it means 5 years of 50 goal seasons. In saying that, I'd be far happier that he learnt to chase with the same conviction as he does when he is running back to goal.

It's the other stuff that determines whether 2.5 goals was worth having

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So here is a question.
Richmond\Carlton make a big play for Lever.
Freo\WestCoast make a big play for McLovin
Who do you try to hold onto since we have made a big play for Kelly.
Do you try for Lever\Kelly or Mclovin\Kelly or Lever\Mclovin, cause I'm not sure we could do all 3

Me I'd lean towards Lever\Kelly
Prefer Lever to Gov personally, so Lever/Kelly would be ideal for 2 out of the 3

Last edited:
Rumour I heard last night from a reasonable source - he used to be connected to club/ player land but is a little less connected now days … Carlton are very keen (insistent?) on a Gibbs / Cameron clean swap.
No word from him on Crows response but I think we can guess what it is, - hopefully anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back