Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
some clubs are going to blow their heads next year with Quality of FA and uncontracted players available. We should forget Gibbs or grab him for a 3rd round pick. We could also put salary cap pressure on PA Port Adelaide Jasper Pittard or Jackson Trengove. Even if we don't get them they will feel the pressure.

I've heard Collingwood are into Trengove big time

Kelly and Shiel would be good gets but they are from Victoria. they will head back to a Victoria club.

Kelly and Shiel would be good gets but they are from Victoria. they will head back to a Victoria club.

To name just two. Also.....

Giants out of contract at the end of 2017
Dylan Shiel, 23
Jonathon Patton, 23
Devon Smith, 23
Josh Kelly, 21
Jacob Hopper, 19
Zac Williams, 22
Adam Tomlinson, 23
Matt Kennedy, 19
Harrison Himmelberg, 20
Matt Buntine, 23
Adam Kennedy, 24
Jeremy Finlayson, 20
Steve Johnson, 33
Dawson Simpson, 27

Rookies

Sam Reid, 27
Daniel Lloyd, 24

To name just two. Also.....

Giants out of contract at the end of 2017
Dylan Shiel, 23
Jonathon Patton, 23
Devon Smith, 23
Josh Kelly, 21
Jacob Hopper, 19
Zac Williams, 22
Adam Tomlinson, 23
Matt Kennedy, 19
Harrison Himmelberg, 20
Matt Buntine, 23
Adam Kennedy, 24
Jeremy Finlayson, 20
Steve Johnson, 33
Dawson Simpson, 27

Rookies

Sam Reid, 27
Daniel Lloyd, 24
I'd go hard at Shiel, Kelly, Hopper, Williams, although we're unlikely to get any of them. Also would go for M Kennedy, Himmelberg, Finlayson. Reckon they'd be serious players for us.

Forget about Gibbs, and forget about this players will only go back to Victoria nonsense. Go after Sheil or Kelly instead. Also, I think that a few others here walk into our side and we would do well to get a Patton, Smith, Williams. There are some other top ten draft picks in that list as well, which might be a bargain for our next years first round pick - say Hopper, who has had some injuries and finds himself down the pecking order.

I'd go hard at Shiel, Kelly, Hopper, Williams, although we're unlikely to get any of them. Also would go for M Kennedy, Himmelberg, Finlayson. Reckon they'd be serious players for us.
And forego a chance in next year's draft at some really extraordinary talent in the 1st round, not so sure I would because all of Shiel, Kelly and Hopper would require our 1st and then some, don't see any of the others as game breakers at this time.

And forego a chance in next year's draft at some really extraordinary talent in the 1st round, not so sure I would because all of Shiel, Kelly and Hopper would require our 1st and then some, don't see any of the others as game breakers at this time.
We're extremely unlikely to get Shiel/Kelly/Hopper anyway, at this stage. Williams would absolutely be a game breaker off a wing, then again we have some potential ones already in Cameron/Milera. M Kennedy would fit in very well, a contested ball winner who is a ferocious tackler, strong overhead and would be our tallest mid. How much he'd cost would depend on the number of games he gets next year. Himmelberg could well be enticed to come here if he can't break into the GWS 22, with Tomlinson, Davis and Haynes already there. Helps that we just drafted Elliott. Finlayson has talent, too, and would come cheap.

That said, I'm really liking next year's draft's talent already.

Doubt whether we go for anyone unless it free agent, the Perfect scenario at this time would be to use their first pick on Tall, and 2nd on Jackson Edwards,
So what trade can we get with our 3rd pick? that will not cost us a pick in 2018.
Next few years will be important as the flood gates open up with Father-sons and academy players.

Not sure Hopper would cost the "then some". With his injury history what would his trade value be. As for Shiel and Kelly, now they are two players that I would give up our next 2 first round picks for. Given their age profile and their talent. We are not going to get players as good as that any other way. I would trade Milera+Gallucci for Shiel or Kelly, so I think 2017 and 2018 first round picks would be good value. Hopper I would only give one first round pick for, maybe some pick shuffles as well to get the deal done.

We're extremely unlikely to get Shiel/Kelly/Hopper anyway, at this stage. Williams would absolutely be a game breaker off a wing, then again we have some potential ones already in Cameron/Milera. M Kennedy would fit in very well, a contested ball winner who is a ferocious tackler, strong overhead and would be our tallest mid. How much he'd cost would depend on the number of games he gets next year. Himmelberg could well be enticed to come here if he can't break into the GWS 22, with Tomlinson, Davis and Haynes already there. Helps that we just drafted Elliott. Finlayson has talent, too, and would come cheap.

That said, I'm really liking next year's draft's talent already.

Not sure how much I would give up for Kennedy. We already have pretty good defenders and we could probably pick up some good ones in next years draft. Is he a mid that he is being played out of position is he? Dont know much about him. Same goes for Williams. Brilliant half back, probably as good as any we have. But we seem to have him covered. Not sure if he is what we need compared with what we need to add. Himmelberg would be good, but do we need two of them? :)

As for next years draft, I am happy to go into that as well and even trade to get an extra pick. But if a Shiel or Kelly comes up then I doubt we can do better in the next 2 years unless we win the wooden spoon.

Not sure how much I would give up for Kennedy. We already have pretty good defenders and we could probably pick up some good ones in next years draft. Is he a mid that he is being played out of position is he? Dont know much about him. Same goes for Williams. Brilliant half back, probably as good as any we have. But we seem to have him covered. Not sure if he is what we need compared with what we need to add. Himmelberg would be good, but do we need two of them? :)

As for next years draft, I am happy to go into that as well and even trade to get an extra pick. But if a Shiel or Kelly comes up then I doubt we can do better in the next 2 years unless we win the wooden spoon.
Think you're getting the two Kennedys confused. Talking about the 2nd year midfield prospect Matthew, not Adam.
Williams would absolutely thrive in our system, I reckon. Would be able to roam and accumulate more on the wing than in his half back role that he's playing at the Giants. Immense speed and and extremely neat kick.

Lot of good prospects in next year's draft, both midfielders and talls. Good thing is that, at this stage, Jackson Edwards looks like a top 20-25 prospect, but not quite good enough to go before our first pick. Allows us to draft two very good prospects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were clearly keen on Himmelberg as we bid on him in 2016 draft.. I'd be more than if we traded our 2nd rounder next year for him.. BUT we need to begin a plan to land Jackson Edwards for the least possible too.

Given his progress to date there is no way he is costing less than what he was drafted at

He's thriving

I actually think he is prime for the picking.. GWS have much bigger targets to focus on re-signing this year.. he only managed 4 games late in the season,. hopefully he doesn't play too much in 2017,. and his value slides a little.. but I know what you mean and if he plays 10-15 games this year his value could skyrocket.

upload_2016-12-13_12-4-6.png

I actually think he is prime for the picking.. GWS have much bigger targets to focus on re-signing this year.. he only managed 4 games late in the season,. hopefully he doesn't play too much in 2017,. and his value slides a little.. but I know what you mean and if he plays 10-15 games this year his value could skyrocket.

View attachment 319207

He's ripe for the picking in the same way Milera is

Maybe we'll accept a second rounder for him? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back