Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/02/23/Gibbs-non-committal on future/

Carlton star Bryce Gibbs remains non-committal about his future beyond this season.
Four months on from returning to Carlton in the wake of trade demands to Adelaide being denied, the playmaker dodged around questions when asked if he would repeat trade demands at the end of the current season.
Gibbs, who turns 28 in March, has three years to run on a five-year deal worth an estimated $3 million. “I’m not looking too far ahead,” Gibbs told SEN’s The Run Home. “I think I’d be kidding myself if I was thinking six, eight months down the track. “As soon as the decision was made that I was staying at Carlton my focus was purely on getting back into another pre-season. I’m a leader at the footy club, I’ve played 200 games and I love the place.” With the Blues in the second of a long and painstaking rebuild under coach Brendon Bolton, finals aren’t likely to be a realistic aim until at least 2019. By that time Gibbs will 30. Of his 209 games, only five have been finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't sell the farm for Gibbs last year, won't do it this year.

The only way he gets home is if he really stinks it up this year and Carlton want him gone.

What they were asking for him would get any other team a quality young player with their best years to come, not someone nearing the end of their career.

Didn't sell the farm for Gibbs last year, won't do it this year.

The only way he gets home is if he really stinks it up this year and Carlton want him gone.

What they were asking for him would get any other team a quality young player with their best years to come, not someone nearing the end of their career.

They wanted 2 firsts last year, I think they will be asking for 1 this year.

Mate, to be honest, I dont even remember posting that.
Remember losing and thats about it.
It was mentioned on Friday nights membership drive that he was ''close to signing'' ie I think they asked Fancy Rance or Digestia Prestia the ?

They can buggar off again then!

It's over on his value, but he is contracted and if we can't get an A grade mid who is in his mid 20s then Gibbs is as good as we will get. I'd also say Gibbs will get us closer to a premiership than the kid we would take in the draft who probably won't hit his strides until after Sloane has started his decline.

It's over on his value, but he is contracted and if we can't get an A grade mid who is in his mid 20s then Gibbs is as good as we will get. I'd also say Gibbs will get us closer to a premiership than the kid we would take in the draft who probably won't hit his strides until after Sloane has started his decline.
We are not a charity with trading.

Better off throwing $'s at Rockliff.

Yeah, once bitten, twice shy. Any deal becomes far less compelling as each year passes, and is there any reason at all to think that SOS will suddenly become reasonable?

If by the end of the year their GWS seconds aren't looking as promising as they think they are now, they will be desperate for picks. Last year they felt like they had enough talent and need experience, I'm betting by the end of the year they won't be as confident in all their young talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back