Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vickery, Wells, Thomas, Bennell. I am confused. Which argument are you making?
DiT questioned if anyone would give Otten a deal with his injury history. Thomas, Bennell, all injury prone players who got deals and big ones in the case of Thomas and Wells.

If Vickery is the bench mark of what a forward/ruck gets, than Otten is up there being worth the same amount.

They gave Mayne 4 x 500K didn't they? I'm pretty sure they gave Tyson Goldsack a 4 x $400K deal and he's a pretty average player.
You could well be right. I was wondering if it was $400k or $500k as I hit "Post Reply".

Either way.. if a potato farmer like Mayne can get that sort of coin from the wobblers, what's stopping Otten from doing the same?

DiT questioned if anyone would give Otten a deal with his injury history. Thomas, Bennell, all injury prone players who got deals and big ones in the case of Thomas and Wells.

If Vickery is the bench mark of what a forward/ruck gets, than Otten is up there being worth the same amount.

Yeah, but all of the players I listed are failures. If clubs are learning their lessons they wont repeat them.

That'll be irrelevant if he gets through the year without any issues. Apart from his ACL's I don't think he's ever had any other issues?

Pies were more than willing to jump on Daniel Wells, despite his continued problems. Carlton with Dale Thomas, Richmond with Chris Knights, Saints traded for Nathan Freeman even though his hammies were/are made of tissue paper, Freo went for Bennell despite his injury history etc. Talent will win out every time.
If Alex Johnson got through a year unscathed and performed really well, would you still give him a decent sized contract? Risky as all hell. Granted, Otten hasn't had as much trouble, but the history of the knee problems is there enough to put doubt in other clubs' minds. He'll probably get offers, but not in the range of 500k a year.

Sorry if it has already been discussed!

But I heard from a mate that we are chasing Grundy hard, and then I heard on the radio that he was out off contract this year!
Does anyone have any info?

But I heard from a mate that we are chasing Grundy hard, and then I heard on the radio that he was out off contract this year!
I wish

With Jacobs in the side and ROB seemingly as his heir, I don't reckon Grundy's coming

You never know until it happens, though

I think this is where we should be focusing our attention. Not Bryce Gibbs. Depending on how Sauce goes this year, Grundy should be our number 1 target if we dont think we can lure/afford a Fyfe or Dusty. Otherwise, I would also be keen on Preuss. Not sure how much Grundy would be asking for though. May be hard to fit him in our salary cap.

I think this is where we should be focusing our attention. Not Bryce Gibbs. Depending on how Sauce goes this year, Grundy should be our number 1 target if we dont think we can lure/afford a Fyfe or Dusty. Otherwise, I would also be keen on Preuss. Not sure how much Grundy would be asking for though. May be hard to fit him in our salary cap.
Problem is, we then have Jacobs wallowing in the seconds. Considering the form he's been in so far, that will not happen, I can assure you, so either he's traded against his will or we don't get Grundy, unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Problem is, we then have Jacobs wallowing in the seconds. Considering the form he's been in so far, that will not happen, I can assure you, so either he's traded against his will or we don't get Grundy, unfortunately.

If he plays consistently well this season then we wont go for Grundy. My concern is mainly based on what I saw from him last season. He seemed better in the first 3 games. I didnt think he was that flash against Essendon. I am not over my concerns with Sauce just yet. I dont rate ROB as an AFL level player though. Can't kick.

HS was claiming Grundy was about to re-up with the Pies at the end of March.

The latest was he delayed the talks.

As much as I would absolutely love Grundy (like literally the only ruckman I've got time for) he's quite settled into that weird rich Melbourne hipster pretentious counter culture troupe at Collingwood and anyway the crows would never be that ruthless or forward thinking, it's not in their DNA. Plus they would never do anything to rush Jacobs out the team, big Sauce is best mates with everyone at the club, he's treated like a fixture rather than a player down there.

Grundy wont be at adelaide next year.
Sauce will be our ruckman for the next 2 years atleast.
Rob is nowhere near sauces level. Hes a good backup but imo thats all hel ever be.
Imo let grundy sign with collingwood and when sauce is on the way out 2019 have a massive go at him.
Grundy is a good ruckman but is still learning his craft. Will be a very good ruckman in 2 years thats when we strike.

If otten gets a big $$ offer thrown at him he would be foolish to turn it down. I dont think hel leave though.. hes a teriffic clubman and wants to repay the club for the faith weve shown in him

Grundy wont be at adelaide next year.
Sauce will be our ruckman for the next 2 years atleast.
Rob is nowhere near sauces level. Hes a good backup but imo thats all hel ever be.
Imo let grundy sign with collingwood and when sauce is on the way out 2019 have a massive go at him.
Grundy is a good ruckman but is still learning his craft. Will be a very good ruckman in 2 years thats when we strike.

When does Grundy become eligible for FA? Although given the other spuds Collingwood have got clogging up their list, I assume he'd be in top 10 territory, hence RFA, and they'd probably work pretty hard to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back