Recruiting 2017 Free Agency: Luring an A-Grade Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. There are only two players from GWS I'd take ahead of Kelly; Cameron and Lobb. I would take him ahead of pretty much every midfielder in the AFL that aren't already at Essendon; except maybe Bont.

He's as good as Zach Merrett if not better. Guaranteed 7-8 year gun.

If Fyfe is over his injury come the end of this year he's got another 7 years left and he's likely to be the in the top 2-3 in the league alongside Dangerfield and Bont. If the asking price is the same for all three I don't know how you could justify Kelly over Fyfe or Bont.

Edit: Would also take Cripps over Kelly - especially to see those Carlton tears.

If Fyfe is over his injury come the end of this year he's got another 7 years left and he's likely to be the in the top 2-3 in the league alongside Dangerfield and Bont. If the asking price is the same for all three I don't know how you could justify Kelly over Fyfe or Bont.
I was saying I'd take Bont over Kelly. And the fact of the matter is that Kelly is 3 and a half years younger than Fyfe. Kelly is a superstar, and if injuries don't persist we have a guaranteed 8 years and then maybe another couple.

I was saying I'd take Bont over Kelly. And the fact of the matter is that Kelly is 3 and a half years younger than Fyfe. Kelly is a superstar, and if injuries don't persist we have a guaranteed 8 years and then maybe another couple.
He's a classy player, but doesn't have the dynamism of Shiel. McGrath and Shiel running through opposition midfields would scorch teams to a crisp, especially the older slower midfields.

I wonder how good Fyfe's relationship with Mark Harvey was and still is.

Wondering aside however, still can't see him leaving WA. Can dare to dream though...
uMNAEeX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back