Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be the bargaining chip with AFL house that Freo need, to get them to overlook a fathers 2 game shortfall and let us get a father/son next year.
Ha! love your thinking FM,was my thoughts exactly!...i mean those manipulating ,manufacturing money grabbing campaigners at AFL house have just about given a leg up to every other club,bout time they flipped some "goodwill" our way

Pick #2 and 2018 1st round pick (GCS) for #5 and Lachie Weller

If they won't do 2 straight up there's no way in hell they then swap 2018 1st for essentially our 2017 pick 5.

If we through a 2018 2nd back their way and they chucked in Matera? Year they're still getting screwed, but at least we'd have taken them out for a coffee first.

If they won't do 2 straight up there's no way in hell they then swap 2018 1st for essentially our 2017 pick 5.

If we through a 2018 2nd back their way and they chucked in Matera? Year they're still getting screwed, but at least we'd have taken them out for a coffee first.

I'd say that 2018 1st will be unavailable this time tomorrow.

Whatever the Weller trade ends up being (most likely overs), it's worth noting GC drafted 4 x top 10 kids last year. They've already got good young talent coming through. So they want and need someone who is good to go from Round One.

They're well stocked with young talent, but they do urgently need more mature best 22 talent to fast track improvement next season. Can’t pass this opportunity up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No that's Tom Lynch for Weller level of stupid.

Zorko is 29 before next season starts. It's not as stupid as you say - still pretty stupid though.

FWIW the more I think about it the more Weller is worth a first rounder. Not a top five pick but definitely a first rounder. I looked at his draft year - only 4-5 better players than him. The club is doing the right thing here. A couple of picks in the 20s in a shite draft should not come anywhere near it. We'll get a better player from the resulting draft pick next year (likely to be 19-20 before compensation given it'll come from GC). Quality over quantity.

There must be 2 wellers playing for freo.?

The one I've watched has great speed and attack. But misses a s**t load of targets. Yeah he's no orphan in that department, but he's not netting us pick 2.
I kinda get where you're coming from, but there are different ways to look at it.

Young talent continually leave GC. He wants to go there, his mrs is from there, he will be a 10 year player for them.
$800,000 a year shows they want him badly.
By the time he hits his peak, the young players around him should be peaking too, kinda like Ward and GWS. Perfect timing.
He'd be played in the position he should of been played in this year, midfield/forward.
He's contracted

Top 10 pick is the minimum.

Back