Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

meima

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
Fake tweet ?

IMG_20171017_212643.jpg

Last edited:

Lachy96

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Winner winner chicken dinner. Absolute star this guy who will stay once we have him. With him, Fyfe, Son Son and Bennell we potentially have some real power around the goals next year. This would start to look like a Richmond model of smart small/medium forwards.
You never know if we start winning some games he might have a change of heart.

May 7, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
They will not give 2. Pick in 20s and Matera.
Matera is worthless and Weller was drafted at 13 and still in contract. How do you get to that conclusion? We rate him as our best young player, that's a big thing seeing as we're in a rebuild. Lloyd will not roll over and good on him.

There is no way they trade Jack Martin after re-signing him for Weller for the simple point being that it defeats the whole purpose of going after Weller. Since that has been reported absolutely no where else, I'm going to put that down to the Nixon "Hogan is close to signing" absolute bs category

Carnthedockers

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
There is no way they trade Jack Martin after re-signing him for Weller for the simple point being that it defeats the whole purpose of going after Weller. Since that has been reported absolutely no where else, I'm going to put that down to the Nixon "Hogan is close to signing" absolute bs category
I’m not sure how anyone could have time to report it. No one in the media new of Weller till yesterday. Knowing Lyons love for Martin, I can imagine this is exactly who he would want in return. Both players in contract, means that if Martin is open to a trade, bargaining chips are equal.

Deveraux

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well maybe they need to weigh up if Martin is heading west end of next yr anyway..
Looks to be fake tweet but dang would be suitable compensation

Purpellian Anchor

Purple Admiralty
Oct 14, 2011
Northam
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pick 66? Melbourne can suck my Balics

For what its worth I think that reporter got mixed up with Melbourne saying they are happy they have three pics in the late second round and that a later pick will be used for Balic. The reporter forgot that there is a 47 that Melbourne had earmarked for Balic but were waiting to make sure they had their three pics first that were lower. Still think it's 47. Just poor reporting

Back