Review 2017 Free Agency & Trade Period

What type of player do we need most? (Whether mature or rookie age)

• A tall forward

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • An inside midfielder

Votes: 44 24.7%
  • An outside midfielder

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • A half back

Votes: 15 8.4%
  • A small forward

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • A ruckman

Votes: 5 2.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Through the magic of further trading we may be heading towards our 2018 second rounder plus pick 41 for Wilson. Not long to wait now it would seem!

I think I'd be pushing for something future for Balic.
Melbourne's 3rd maybe?

Man that deal they're crapping on about for Wilson blows:

5 and 40 for 11 and Wilson.
That sucks balls
Take out the 40 and it becomes a little better.

5 out
11 and Wilson in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Means we probably would have turned #5 into Wilson and #9. Which isn't too bad when you think that at least one of the talls that have been talked about (Brander, Naughton or Hayes) would be available at #9.
I guess this suggests that LLoyd has been saying about keeping #5 is true and we are looking at one of the top-end midfielders rather than "stretching" with a tall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, there first pick isn't until the 40s now. Last year their first pick was in, what, the 70s? Sooner or later they are going to want to draft some younger, higher-end talent

Bastards are so good they kill it with even the late picks they get.

"The Dockers don't have a second-round selection but Andrew McDougall says a trade could happen this afternoon, but if not, by Monday.

Both clubs are confident it will get done.

Wilson is close to a few of the Dockers, so he never considered going to West Coast."

-AFL website

There has been a bit of talk Reece Conca, who was drafted at No.6 in 2010, could leave Richmond after not playing beyond the opening six rounds of the season.

He is contracted until the end of 2018 and Callum Twomey told NAB AFL Trade Radio the West Australian will likely stay at the club.

Now that Hayden is gone, what would people have done to keep him? When he came to the club and said the Dogs have offered me 3 years, would you have have upped our offer of a 2 year contract? Thrown in more money?

As if Freo would hand over 5 for 9 and 23. Dogs probably knew that too
I swim against the tide on this but I would look at 9 and English (without really knowing how he has progressed there). I think we need a mobile ruckman with versatility to compliment Darcy.

Ideally that is going to be Strnadica or Apeness, and if they are confident in them, then no problems.

Now that Hayden is gone, what would people have done to keep him? When he came to the club and said the Dogs have offered me 3 years, would you have have upped our offer of a 2 year contract? Thrown in more money?
Bennell, Wilson, Matera probably not. I rate him but he wants to play regularly and our recruiting may be squeezing him out.

There has been a bit of talk Reece Conca, who was drafted at No.6 in 2010, could leave Richmond after not playing beyond the opening six rounds of the season.

He is contracted until the end of 2018 and Callum Twomey told NAB AFL Trade Radio the West Australian will likely stay at the club.

Even if we got Hogan, this is the best news of any single Freo trade period

GWS tough nut Matthew Kennedy has nominated Carlton as his club of choice but Callum Twomey said on NAB AFL Trade Radio it is being delayed because the Blues want to give up No.39, whereas the Giants have refused saying that is far too much for Carlton to spend on a GWS player.

Back