Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mackay hasn't been that bad this year. Is doing enough to hold his spot. Feel like we are carrying Knight a lot of the time. He needs to take that next step soon.

Nah, Knight is in a blooding position, and one that our structure really doesn't allow big performances currently in his role (Seeing it's been a bit of a graveyard for a while). As long as we're getting 10-14 possessions, some defensive pressure and a goal, he's doing enough.

Mackay has been alright this season, but should be replaced because Seedsman is simply a better player; it's a ruthless decision that clubs that desire success make.

If Kelly stays on the back of Fyfe and Martin staying there's going to be a few fairly major money gaps to fill at some Melbourne clubs.

Sloane and M Crouch will be getting Godfathers next year. Hope we're working feverishly to get them done early.
I'd like tex to captain a flag and give sloaney a shot next year

It's a bit similar to Mitch and Hodge - both supreme leaders and I'm sure Tex will be just as big a leader without the title

Sloaney is a crows player simple as that but would love to see him take the next step as skipper while he's at his peak and Tex has given his all

Not to say it's because he's out of contract but just because it's the right challenge for him

If we don't win flag like to see Tex do it again and get there next year as he deserves that chance being a champion leader

I liked Jordan Dawson in his draft year. He got a game or two for the Swans this year but is perhaps one who fits the mould of a player to target.
One of best players in NEAFL this year - all class , just lacks a bit of intensity at times

Re-signed couple of months ago for 2 more I think

I like your thinking - one to monitor , would be getting games at most other clubs

Who said we are going to have one of the best midfields in the comp next year?
There was a slight hope we'd jag a gun mid but that's looking impossible now.

Have Rockliff re-signed?

Don't believe sorry, thought Jeff seemed to think we had 0 interest in him though.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't. Would fit well into our midfield as it allows Sloane/Brouch to go a tad more outside.

To be one of the best in the comp (which was suggested) we'd need to add Gibbs aswell imo.

I'm not 100% we need both to be the best, not that I'd turn down either.

Really, we need 1 at a minimum and hope the extra top end talent helps Brouch/Greenwoods development (which it and a complete pre-season should do). Having an inside rotation of: Sloane, Mrouch, Gibbs/Rockliff, Brouch, Greenwood, Douglas is a very solid 6.

Both does look a lot better though ;)

Really, we need 1 at a minimum and hope the extra top end talent helps Brouch/Greenwoods development (which it and a complete pre-season should do). Having an inside rotation of: Sloane, Mrouch, Gibbs/Rockliff, Brouch, Greenwood, Douglas is a very solid 6.

Would love mouch, greenwood, rocky as the inside, rory, brouch, douggy and gibbs as the in/out and then seed, smithers, rat as outside

I'd be disappointed if we didn't. Would fit well into our midfield as it allows Sloane/Brouch to go a tad more outside.
Why ?? He's slow, not super strong overhead and will cost a pretty penny.

Doesn't add anything we haven't got IMO

You pick up Gibbs, no Rockliff, and it pushes Mackay out of the side. Clear win.

You add Rockliff, no Gibbs, and it pushes Mackay out of the side. You have to probably push Brouch to a wing. It's a win.

You add Gibbs and Rockliff, you now push Mackay and ??? (Knight, Cameron, Atkins?) out of the side. Clear win on Mackay but balance across the field starts to suffer a bit with the second. Absolutely both are improvements to our current best 22 but adding both effects the balance and requires a restructure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be trouble brewing with a few if we win the flag this year. Instantly removes the "stick together for a Premiership" mentality I think. I don't think Crouch will leave, Sloane could be different.
Would be more Devo than anyone who has left if batman leaves.
If we win a flag it won't be as bad

Why ?? He's slow, not super strong overhead and will cost a pretty penny.

Doesn't add anything we haven't got IMO

He strengthens the big weakness in our side, which is inside players; a weakness that becomes crippling if Sloane is shut down.

Inside is Rockliffs bread and butter after all.

If we were to get two inside mids, at least one of then would need to be able to play forward or inside/outside mid.

From Sloane, Crouch x2, Hampton*, Greenwood and Douglas; Hampton Greenwood and Douglas can play forward well, with Sloane able to at a pinch.

Say we got Rocliff. He needs to be able to fit comfortably into our fwd rotation to accomodate the extra inside mid. Gibbs needs to play wing/half fwd/half back to free up rotations.

Rocky is OK forward, but I'm not sure how he fits our forward structure itself. And Gibbs is far more versatile, but isn't prominent up forward and is Smith-like down back.

My preference would be for one of the two if we work Hampton* into the team with his phenomenal pace and tackling ability.

*denotes that they are not guaranteed best 22

He strengthens the big weakness in our side, which is inside players; a weakness that becomes crippling if Sloane is shut down.

Inside is Rockliffs bread and butter after all.
We are the best contested side in the league, inside game isn't our issue.

So we aren't getting Rocky ??

Fine by me

Rocky is just an option in BigFooty's imagination.

We have not shown any interest in Rockliff. Inside midfielder is not a need with the development of Greenwood.

We want inside/out midfielders with leg speed and/or skill.

Rocky is just an option in BigFooty's imagination.

We have not shown any interest in Rockliff. Inside midfielder is not a need with the development of Greenwood.

We want inside/out midfielders with leg speed and/or skill.
This is it for me. Gibbs..

B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Sloane, Greenwood are all inside mids. Atkins purely outside.
Needs an inside outside mid with leg speed.
No one really meets that criteria who is A grade and gettable so Gibbs (without the leg speed) is a good option.
Use Lever picks to get that type of player.
Rankine would be nice actually.

B.Crouch, M.Crouch, Sloane, Greenwood are all inside mids. Atkins purely outside.
No one really meets that criteria who is A grade and gettable so Gibbs (without the leg speed) is a good option.

Lever pick will be too much for Gibbs. Lever will get us a top 10 pick plus other assets.

Gibbs will be 29 at the start of next season. That is not a player you trade a top 10 pick for. If he was 25, I would trade that pick plus more but he is not. He will have one season at his peak before he starts to slowly decline.

Lever pick will be too much for Gibbs. Lever will get us a top 10 pick plus other assets.

Gibbs will be 29 at the start of next season. That is not a player you trade a top 10 pick for. If he was 25, I would trade that pick plus more but he is not. He will have one season at his peak before he starts to slowly decline.

I would still get Gibbs if it cost us our single first round pick (probably 15+). I'd also happily trade the second round pick we get for Cameron (if he leaves), presumably Brisbane's second rounder at 18.

I don't want the bulk of the Lever currency used on Gibbs. What a waste.

That said, I still think there's room in our side for Rockliff and he's attractive as a FA. I just hope "inside/out midfielder with pace" doesn't equate to Steven Motlop

Sloane is most certainly inside/outside, M. Crouch is becoming more so as he develops and Brad once he gets up to 100% rat power most certainly can and is quite a bit quicker than Sloane, Mrouch, Greenwood and Gibbs.

Hunter Clark in this draft is the only highly rated mid we'd be a chance at in the 1st round that offers inside/outside I'd think. Kane Farrell later likely 3rd -4th round appeals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back