List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2a499bdd35b65ee5ac02fe06066af94b.jpg

Burton, are you getting any interest? Nah, that guy's giving it away for free.

68c57bea564e28fe2c10da444e1ec063

Just an fyi.

Channel 7 ran a story about Sloan coming to Collingwood this year or next. Probably not much in it, but I doubt you guys will get the same story over there.

Around about 1.18 on this video:

Cheers for sharing.

Media speculation like this pisses me off. There has absolutely no information about Sloane, other than the fact that he is a FA at the end of next year and he is originally from Victoria.

It's not like Sloane has come out and said he wants to go back home. The Vic media are just speculating because he's a good player and they don't have anything else to fill their AFL minutes with.

If anything, Ned Guy going to Collingwood should have amped up speculation about Lever possibly going there instead.
Just because Ned Guy was good enough to get Lever top $$$ doesn't mean he is stupid enough to think he's worth that much! Add to that rumours he didn't like the way Lever and his family handled the situation and he may very well not think he is good bloke to have in the club.

Hell, lets go all vic media style and claim that the way Lever handled the last 12 months has driven Ned Guy out of player management all together!

Just remember the full scale AFL investigation that was implemented after a deranged Malthouse made up stuff about Betts. Meanwhile it's open slather for Victorian clubs to woo,seduce and basically sign players whenever they feel like it.
This surprises you?:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's society all we do now is whine.....and we are still the lucky country
"Australia is a lucky country run mainly by second rate people who share its luck. It lives on other people's ideas, and, although its ordinary people are adaptable, most of its leaders (in all fields) so lack curiosity about the events that surround them that they are often taken by surprise."

yep, 50 years on that still sounds pretty accurate.

Got a feelin motlop will become a success story ala betts.
Just a gut feelim, could be worth a shot IMO.
Not for me. He’ll play a couple games, get bumped back to seconds and enter sanfl cruise mode an we will never hear from him again. Loads of talent but little heart. Go to Pussies board and see what they think of him.
I think some people are so desperate to see someone nominate us they ignore his weaknesses and have good ‘feelings’.
Anyways not having a go...just my thoughts

Cheers for sharing.

Media speculation like this pisses me off. There has absolutely no information about Sloane, other than the fact that he is a FA at the end of next year and he is originally from Victoria.

It's not like Sloane has come out and said he wants to go back home. The Vic media are just speculating because he's a good player and they don't have anything else to fill their AFL minutes with.

e7e7f2f8678c6a74347105cd658aad3e.jpg

Francis is a little different to Menzel - Francis hasn't coped well being in Melbourne, doesn't enjoy the whole big city pretty lights thing. Family is tight knit (don't like this to be used as leverage in negotiations) and having lost his brother around the time he was playing his best footy has really hurt him.

Menzel has a far greater problem, which seems to be very common in the world of football. Young lad, too much money - work it out. Fantastic bloke, like his brother but the problem was created during his time in Melbourne, with the crows thinking they could provide a better environment for him.

I do believe that Francis getting back to SA will go a long way to getting him back to his full potential. I'm not so sure he's worth a late first rounder at the moment, but if we can somehow nab him with an early second then that's a steal and you'd be stupid to not take it.

There has been no signs of Francis having the desire to put the work in to being an AFL footballer, that is very unlikely to change because he's home. Even with the external issues at play here.

Words like depression (as someone else mentioned) and such are also huge red flags to tell you to stay the * away from the player seeing that severely limits any chance of Francis making it. Making it as an AFL player is as mental as it is physical, and the last two years have shown it's quite likely Francis simply doesn't have the mindset to make it.

Last edited:
The afl shouter thinks we are chasing a big name player this trade period. Is it possible the player is ben cunnington?

If we don't want Rockliff (for free at the trade table), I can't see how we'd want Cunnington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back