List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If that's true, then we should offer him a decent increase in a contract early next year. If he refuses to sign then, the writing is on the wall and we target another midfield gun at that time, and work on them all year.
Sloane for top 3 pick next year? Pick up Lukosius.
Melbournes first, our first and Carltons second for top 4 pick - pick up Rankine.

Someone said on this board earlier this week about how similar Gibbs looks to Danger. I laughed at it. Seeing the photo that Daniel1812 just posted, I had to double take. I honesty thought that was Danger standing there in the Crows shirt for a brief moment.
It's a little-known fact that Gibbs was a stunt double for some of Dangerfield's riskier publicity stunts.

Fagan lying to members about going for Gibbs. Just going mental.
'Lying' is a bit of a stretch.

It's not like Fages said to the club 'I'm here to be CEO this season', then 6 weeks later said 'actually I've always wanted to go and be a firey', then 6 weeks later said 'come to think of it I want to join the media'.

But still, what sort of a liar would do that

Heard a bit of an interview with bryce Gibbs where he was talking about Carlton and how he will be forever indebted to them and he starter getting quite emotional, choking up, saying how he's been there for 11 years and has great relationships with people at the club.

Shows the character difference between him and Charlie Cameron and why moving a toxic Cameron on this year was crucial and the right call. No way Charlie Cameron has the character of a bryce Gibbs.

Someone said on this board earlier this week about how similar Gibbs looks to Danger. I laughed at it. Seeing the photo that Daniel1812 just posted, I had to double take. I honesty thought that was Danger standing there in the Crows shirt for a brief moment.
He has a genuine smile, not a smug smirk

He was alo 100% certain that Gibbs trade wouldn't happen, he was guessing more than anyone in this trade period, I rated his opinion until I realised he now has no inside info, the trade shouter actually seemed spot on though.
Most importantly what does Rowie say?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, would need a pretty s**t year to get a decent pick for him, although hopefully Noble can get the AFL to adjust the compo to give mid and end of round picks, as opposed to attaching them to a players finishing positions. Makes far more sense IMO.
As he has been at the club for 10 years, he is an UFA meaning we get nothing for him if he wants to leave - although hopefully he has enough character to say he wants to go via a trade so we get something back

If that's true, then we should offer him a decent increase in a contract early next year. If he refuses to sign then, the writing is on the wall and we target another midfield gun at that time, and work on them all year.
Should target one regardless. Would be a change of policy though.

As he has been at the club for 10 years, he is an UFA meaning we get nothing for him if he wants to leave - although hopefully he has enough character to say he wants to go via a trade so we get something back
No, it just means we can't match offers. Pretty sure we would still get compo in the current system (Band 1).

I'd like to see a two year extension put to Sloane, front load it for 2018. If he wants to go back to Vic, offer to trade him and we can get value for him (two top ten picks minimum).

Sloane gets a bigger pay day, we get value. Seems like a win all round.

Just give sloane whatever he wants. He is 1 player we can NOT lose. Pay him whatever he wants. Put a blank piece of paper infront of him and say write down what you think is fair. He will get offers over a mil, make him our highest paid.. just give him what he needs to stay.

Agree.

Have a mate who states he has it on good authority (many different sources, many different people he says) and he says as it stands he is gone (who knows what that means but sounds like having a bob each way to me). I called him out on the bullshit that a decision would not have been made at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back