List Mgmt. 2017 Free Agency & Trading - Part 2 (Take Gibbs talk to the Gibbs thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have a look at the comparison to Cameron.

Assuming no major loss in salary cap/trade value he would make us a better side...and he's younger and from SA
Upgrade Cameron, upgrade midfield with Gibbs and suitably put together a similar back 6 and we are a better side.

Defence still looks a bit shaky having to rely on Hartigan and Keath though. Im hoping Keath has a big preseason and stacks on some muscle allowing him to compete with the likes of Buddy, because then he would be a serious player.
Hartigan, Keath and Talia seems too slow and immobile, but putting in Doedee, Otten or Cheney makes us look much worse on paper than with Lever.
Tough one.

Upgrade Cameron, upgrade midfield with Gibbs and suitably put together a similar back 6 and we are a better side.

Defence still looks a bit shaky having to rely on Hartigan and Keath though. Im hoping Keath has a big preseason and stacks on some muscle allowing him to compete with the likes of Buddy, because then he would be a serious player.
Hartigan, Keath and Talia seems too slow and immobile, but putting in Doedee, Otten or Cheney makes us look much worse on paper than with Lever.
Tough one.

How is it immobile when both of Keath and Hartigan are quicker and more athletic than Lever?

Have a look at the comparison to Cameron.

Assuming no major loss in salary cap/trade value he would make us a better side...and he's younger and from SA
Thing is, he would have a lot of trade value. I agree he is a far superior player to Cameron, but he definitely isn't a need by any stretch.

Would rather wait until he is ooc or when he is a RFA, then spend big time to get over another small fwd for top price

I don't remember who said it, so i can't take credit, but Jake Carlisle was basically traded for a pick 5

That's our floor. Anything less than that is unreasonable.

Bicks there's a couple of great SA kids coming through, are they this year's draft or next year's?

Wondering if we should ask for future first round draft picks from prospective suitors. Which Victorian team will finish the lowest next year? Norf? Carlolton?

I don't remember who said it, so i can't take credit, but Jake Carlisle was basically traded for a pick 5

Bicks there's a couple of great SA kids coming through, are they this year's draft or next year's?

Wondering if we should ask for future first round draft picks from prospective suitors. Which Victorian team will finish the lowest next year? Norf? Carlolton?
According to rezagun the prodigiously talented Rankine might tank interviews like Rioli/Wingard so all we need is a first rounder higher than Ports next year.

Teams will be very unwilling to depart with a 2018 first round pick that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna be tough to get clubs to give up their 2018 1st rounders , would be a good idea though trust me

But doesn't help with the ' window ' given it's a long time off until they play

It's more for the next run in 6 years that we may have

Actual Carlisle trade...

Saints got Carlisle + Pick 14
Bombers got Pick 5 + Pick 24

Actual Carlisle trade...

Saints got Carlisle + Pick 14
Bombers got Pick 5 + Pick 24

That's not quite the whole story.

Essendon:
Jake Carlisle (St Kilda) + Pick 23 + Pick 44 (Sydney) for Pick 5 + Pick 24 (St Kilda) + Craig Bird (Sydney)

Effectively Jake Carlisle and Pick 44 for Pick 5

St Kilda:
Pick 5 + Pick 24 (Essendon) for Jake Carlisle (Essendon) + Pick 14 (Sydney)

Effectively Pick 5 for Carlisle and a second round pick upgrade

Sydney:
Pick 14 (St Kilda) + Craig Bird (Essendon) for Pick 23 + Pick 44 (Essendon)

Effectively a points swap and getting rid of Craig Bird for free

That's not quite the whole story.

Essendon:
Jake Carlisle (St Kilda) + Pick 23 + Pick 44 (Sydney) for Pick 5 + Pick 24 (St Kilda) + Craig Bird (Sydney)

Effectively Jake Carlisle and Pick 44 for Pick 5

St Kilda:
Pick 5 + Pick 24 (Essendon) for Jake Carlisle (Essendon) + Pick 14 (Sydney)

Effectively Pick 5 for Carlisle and a second round pick upgrade

Sydney:
Pick 14 (St Kilda) + Craig Bird (Essendon) for Pick 23 + Pick 44 (Essendon)

Effectively a points swap and getting rid of Craig Bird for free

Thanks for the clarity. I hope the Lever trade is a little less curly. Will do our heads in!!

Didn't Carlisle have drug ban uncertainty hanging over his head? Plus a monstrous douche?

Damaged goods gets heavily discounted.

According to rezagun the prodigiously talented Rankine might tank interviews like Rioli/Wingard so all we need is a first rounder higher than Ports next year.

Teams will be very unwilling to depart with a 2018 first round pick that's for sure.
Gonna have to be very high cause i don't see port making the 8 next year. They snuck in this year with a super easy draw. Cant even beat a top 8 team.

Gonna have to be very high cause i don't see port making the 8 next year. They snuck in this year with a super easy draw. Cant even beat a top 8 team.
Think Port will still make the 8 next year. Their recruits last year look ok, they don't have any player of significance leaving. They rely heavily on Gray, Wingars, Ryder, Wines. If one of those were to have a LTI then I'd say bye bye Pear.

Think Port will still make the 8 next year. Their recruits last year look ok, they don't have any player of significance leaving. They rely heavily on Gray, Wingars, Ryder, Wines. If one of those were to have a LTI then I'd say bye bye Pear.

However their draw won't be as soft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back