List Mgmt. 2017 Fremantle FC Player Numbers

Does Pav's #29 jumper get used in 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • No

Votes: 79 79.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it's been mentioned but whoever pulls on #23 will only be the third Docker to do so after Shane Parker (238 games) and Chris Mayne (172). I would love it to be someone who will play 150+ games for us. I personally would want our first round pick to be given that jumper.
23 For Cam imo.

If you see the last line of this article, Hamling says "I'm really close with him and I've got a locker next to Shane. We're like brothers."
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-15/joel-hamling-wanted-move-home-to-be-with-ill-father/

So from that, I'm guessing that Hamling and Kersten have nabbed 21 & 22 or 22 & 23. It would appear then that the new draftees get last pick of numbers since/if the newly traded in players have already got theirs.

Looking at numbers 1 to 9, BHill taking #9 and Bennell leaving #4 means #2 and #4 are now vacant. #2 for our pick #7, and #4 up for grabs for one of our current youngsters?

Interesting that almost all of the remaining first 9 numbers might transition to new players over the coming year or two (#1 Ballas, #3 Dawson, #5 Ibbo, #6 DPearce, #8 Suban). Fyfe @ #7 is the only one I definitely don't want finding a new home by the end of 2018 ;)

Reckon #4 will given to this years first round pick. #2 not be taken this year and given to next years first rounder. #29 won't see a FFC AFL game till we receive a top 3 pick and select a big KPF, I'm a Bit nostalgic that way.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OP updated.

After the first batch of allocations, the following are still available: #2, #4, #28, #29, #36, #38, #39, #44, #45, #46

Assuming that Deluca and Grey are re-rookied, you'd imagine that the five players we get at the National Draft will get #2, #4, #29, #36 and #38. The other rookie pick would get #44.
Of course, if they temporarily retire #29 for a bit, #44 will go to our fifth draft pick, and #45 will go to the final rookie.

But what if we get Logue, he takes #29 and his career trajectory mirrors that of Pav, earning multiple All Australian jumpers starting from the back and making his way forward?

Given our recent history of issuing jumpers based on draft order, I reckon the four draftees will get the following jumper numbers (if Deluca and Grey are re-rookied, and #29 is retired for a season):
  • #2 - Griffin Logue
  • #4 - Sean Darcy
  • #36 - Brennan Cox
  • #38 - Luke Ryan
Leaving #44 and #45 for the two new rookies.

The pressure is on Darcy to break the curse!!

Back