Prediction 2017 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Friday night game is in Canberra? :huh:
Our prelim final rematch with the premiers is in Canberra? :huh:

Friday night v the Bulldogs in Canberra? :huh::huh::huh::huh::mad::mad:

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-great...ght-clash-at-manuka-oval-20161026-gsb2sh.html
Maybe the league and the club are smarter than we think. We have earnt a Friday night game and earnt one at home.

However would we be concerned how many people would be able to go to spotless. I live out west and in traffic it takes me almost 2 hours to get home in an evening. Then another 1.5 hours to get to spotless including parlking and getting in etc. So if i finish work at 5 im not even getting home until 7 and the game would probably start at 7

We are still a largely family based club and i dont think people would have time to get home and get the kids out there

So in that case canberra is a good move as surely it would not take as long (tell me if im wrong canberrians)

Last thing you want is 5k at your first fri night game

And doggies have played in canberra for years and have a following there too

Think it is smart

Maybe the league and the club are smarter than we think. We have earnt a Friday night game and earnt one at home.

However would we be concerned how many people would be able to go to spotless. I live out west and in traffic it takes me almost 2 hours to get home in an evening. Then another 1.5 hours to get to spotless including parlking and getting in etc. So if i finish work at 5 im not even getting home until 7 and the game would probably start at 7

We are still a largely family based club and i dont think people would have time to get home and get the kids out there

So in that case canberra is a good move as surely it would not take as long (tell me if im wrong canberrians)

Last thing you want is 5k at your first fri night game

And doggies have played in canberra for years and have a following there too

Think it is smart
Fair point it wouldn't be the same with the numbers of families. Suspect you would get casuals but it's the members and regulars that should be the priority.
I think we'll see more of this in the big picture as the club grows and changes, and the comfortable routine gets disturbed. Just have to suck it up I guess and be happy with the fact we are making progress.

Fair point it wouldn't be the same with the numbers of families. Suspect you would get casuals but it's the members and regulars that should be the priority.
I think we'll see more of this in the big picture as the club grows and changes, and the comfortable routine gets disturbed. Just have to suck it up I guess and be happy with the fact we are making progress.
Yep

In adelaide and perth people pull their kids out of school for the day for a friday night match, and put in for leave from work and all sorts.

We are not quite at that leavel

We will be but not yet

LATE CHANGE TO ROUND 1

Our reporter Glenn McFarlane has just sent us an update to the Round 1 fixture after the AFL made a late change to it ahead of the full release this morning.

THE AFL has made a some last-minute changes to its Round 1 scheduling ahead of this morning's fixturing announcement.

The St Kilda-Melbourne Etihad Stadium game, originally slated for the Sunday of the opening round, has now been switched to the 4.30pm twilight game at the same venue a day earlier - Saturday, March 25.

That means the North Melbourne-West Coast match has now been moved from Saturday to the early 1.10pm game on Sunday, March 26.

And the Adelaide-Greater Western Sydney game remains on the Sunday, although it moves to the later time slot of 3.20pm,

ROUND 1, 2017

Thursday, March 23

Carlton v Richmond, MCG, 7.20pm

Friday, March 24

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG, 7.50pm

Saturday, March 25

Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG, 4.35pm

St Kilda v Melbourne, Etihad Stadium, 4.45pm

Gold Coast v Brisbane, Metricon, 7.25pm

Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG, 7.25pm

Sunday, March 26

North Melbourne v West Coast, Etihad Stadium, 1.10pm

Adelaide v GWS, Adelaide Oval, 3.20pm

Fremantle v Geelong, Subiaco, 7.40pm

8f5b23d36da5c0d2a8b2aca72b140904.jpg

Doubles match ups

Spotless fixture

Round 2 GIANTS v Gold Coast Saturday, April 1 4:35pm
Round 8 GIANTS v Collingwood Saturday, May 13 4:35pm
Round 9 GIANTS v Richmond Saturday, May 20 4:35pm
Round 11 GIANTS v Essendon Saturday, June 3 4:35pm
Round 15 GIANTS v Geelong Saturday, July 1 7:25pm
Round 17 GIANTS v Sydney Saturday, July 15 7:25pm
Round 19 GIANTS v Fremantle Saturday, July 29 2:10pm
Round 22 GIANTS v West Coast Saturday, August 19 4:35pm

Haha i love how the giants aleays release thibgs on their website before the league does :)

They do it on team announcement night too
I vote our mod posts a warning prior to round 22 that your a local and need to be treated as such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spotless fixture

Round 2 GIANTS v Gold Coast Saturday, April 1 4:35pm
Round 8 GIANTS v Collingwood Saturday, May 13 4:35pm
Round 9 GIANTS v Richmond Saturday, May 20 4:35pm
Round 11 GIANTS v Essendon Saturday, June 3 4:35pm
Round 15 GIANTS v Geelong Saturday, July 1 7:25pm
Round 17 GIANTS v Sydney Saturday, July 15 7:25pm
Round 19 GIANTS v Fremantle Saturday, July 29 2:10pm
Round 22 GIANTS v West Coast Saturday, August 19 4:35pm
Only sub game i see there are the Suns and 2 WA teams.
The rest will be big crowd pullers, especially with the Bombers back on target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back