List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 428088

I posted this last week and nobody listened or believed me.

Suppose I better reveal my sources to get some Street cred. FML..

I would probably refrain from posting private message screenshots on here. Regardless of their content.

All you guys were up between midnight and 5am this morning having that discussion with that Carlton dude.
GC Suns committed
Ha ha
I call those opposition posters that post here in the wee hours Hobyahs

"out from the gloomy gullies came the hobyahs, creep, creep, creeping.

Through the grey gum-trees came the hobyahs, run, run, running.

Skip, skip, skipping on the ends of their toes ran the hobyahs"

Luckily we have a few little dog Turpies

Cotchin, Martin, Prestia, Rance, Riewoldt are A graders and got them that flag
May , Martin , Lynch , Swallow , Ainsworth , Wright , Scrimshaw , Brodie etc etc etc

GC have the quality on its list , They just need some B graders like you mention to add the 'workmen' to the team' which is what you are missing
too many wanna be stars and not enough hard workers in your team.

Now im not a Richmond supporter trying to sell you a reject player for good draft picks but players like Miles & Lloyd are the exact types your club needs to create the 'Club' that these stars would need to get to a competitive level then to progress to a higher level

Players like Miles & Lloyd would cost you guys picks in the late 40's early 50's but would help create a culture that the stars or future stars would want to stay and play for - You need these soldiers as well

These 2 boys have proven they are AFL quality and have simply been pushed out by our game style but they still have been offered contracts but club would help them to to a club to get games.

really hope you guys get 1 or maybe both these boys , Im sure you wouldnt regret it and will get 100% effort and loyalty

Realistically, who are we expected to pick up this year? All ive heard is guys like Young & Miles where we are losing better players like Saad, Matera and Ablett... I think Ainsworth, Brodie and Martin will be much better again but I cant see us bringing in players that will push us forward. Up the road Brisbane have managed to attract Beams, Cameron and Christensen all who would be great players for us

May , Martin , Lynch , Swallow , Ainsworth , Wright , Scrimshaw , Brodie etc etc etc

GC have the quality on its list , They just need some B graders like you mention to add the 'workmen' to the team' which is what you are missing
too many wanna be stars and not enough hard workers in your team.

Now im not a Richmond supporter trying to sell you a reject player for good draft picks but players like Miles & Lloyd are the exact types your club needs to create the 'Club' that these stars would need to get to a competitive level then to progress to a higher level

Players like Miles & Lloyd would cost you guys picks in the late 40's early 50's but would help create a culture that the stars or future stars would want to stay and play for - You need these soldiers as well

These 2 boys have proven they are AFL quality and have simply been pushed out by our game style but they still have been offered contracts but club would help them to to a club to get games.

really hope you guys get 1 or maybe both these boys , Im sure you wouldnt regret it and will get 100% effort and loyalty
Llyod is re-signing but i know what you mean, problem is there is a reason these guys weren't playing sometimes it's because they aren't working hard enough/spud or sometimes they have just been unlucky.

Llyod is re-signing but i know what you mean, problem is there is a reason these guys weren't playing sometimes it's because they aren't working hard enough/spud or sometimes they have just been unlucky.
The role that Miles plays is just as an inside mid that extracts ball, Cotchin,Caddy,Prestia,Martin are infront of him but when he does get games gets the ball 25 times and tackles 5 times a game with 73% de but doesnt have the run

Lloyd was simply pushed out of the team due to game plan where we needed fast pressure tackling players touches are not important just pressure thats the game style richmond are playing. In 2016 Lloyd kicked over 30 goals playing 40% mid and 60% fwd and both players dominating VFL level

Miles came 3rd in the JJ liston and lloyd has had games of 40+ possessions and multiple goals

Any way just a thought and bothe players have been offered contracts so Richmond would rather they stay as all teams need depth, just thought they would be great players for both loyalty and culture for GC but we dont have an influence just a thought

Cheers guys

Losing Saad is going to be a tough one in future years.

I honestly think he is going to end up being the best small defender in the comp at some point in his career and a multiyear AA.

I have never seen a player in my time watching football with the speed and evasive ability that he has.

What really sets him apart from other players, though, is his ability to finish off one of his explosive runs effectively by executing a precise kick; unlike Dangerfield and many others players who you often see kicking the ball over their teammates head or at their feet, such is the speed that they are travelling at.

I can just imagine Luke Darcy and that piece of vermin Basil singing his praises every second Saturday night on FTA in nauseating fashion.

Absolute farce if Adelaide get more for Cameron than GC do for Saad.

Cameron is the biggest flash in the pan player who will never string consistent form together over a prolonged period of time.

The role that Miles plays is just as an inside mid that extracts ball, Cotchin,Caddy,Prestia,Martin are infront of him but when he does get games gets the ball 25 times and tackles 5 times a game with 73% de but doesnt have the run

Lloyd was simply pushed out of the team due to game plan where we needed fast pressure tackling players touches are not important just pressure thats the game style richmond are playing. In 2016 Lloyd kicked over 30 goals playing 40% mid and 60% fwd and both players dominating VFL level

Miles came 3rd in the JJ liston and lloyd has had games of 40+ possessions and multiple goals

Any way just a thought and bothe players have been offered contracts so Richmond would rather they stay as all teams need depth, just thought they would be great players for both loyalty and culture for GC but we dont have an influence just a thought

Cheers guys
I agree with this bloke.
Premiership teams aren't won by the A graders they recruit it's the A graders they've drafted. The last 10 premiers,
Richmond (prestia, nankervis, caddy)
Bullies (Boyd, suckling)
Hawks (lake, frawley, gunston)
Swans (2012 prior to Tippett and Franklin)
Cats
Pies

None of these teams recruited genuine A grade talent prior to winning the flag. They recruited role players blokes that could come in and fill a hole or do a single job.

This is how you win flags. We already have the talent on our list we don't need to be a gws and be bursting at the seams with it.
Now we need role players blokes that come in with their heads down and bums up doing thier job.

Mullet, A.swallow, miles, Lloyd, young, Gibson and any of the other names we've heard are these blokes we need.

It would be nice to replace the best 22 players we have with other clubs best 22 but it ain't going to happen until we are becoming a successful club. So for now we recruit these fringe blokes just like the past premiers and give them a role to play. Just like Lyons and Witts if they do the job they're given they'll quickly become stars to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we just keep going to the draft we can kiss Lynch May and swallow goodbye

I’m not sure about that.

I would and they might feel more confident about long term success with a heap of young talent than with a few old gap fillers.

Unless we can get a Sidebottom, or someone of that ilk then draft away but maybe pick up a young from port to help out.

Pardon my intrusion, Suns fans - but how much do you reckon Hall and McKenzie would be worth on the open market?

I'd assume McKenzie wouldn't be much given only the 6 games this year and OOC, but I'm intrigued to hear what you think about Hall

Pardon my intrusion, Suns fans - but how much do you reckon Hall and McKenzie would be worth on the open market?

I'd assume McKenzie wouldn't be much given only the 6 games this year and OOC, but I'm intrigued to hear what you think about Hall
I think for hall the club would push for something like a mid first rounder. His actual value is probably late first round to early second. Hope tmac stays but would be cheap right now - late pick in the 30's at best

Has the talent and was a pick 11 which at the time was seen to have slid at the draft. Could work out well if Dew can get the best out of him.

"In 2012, at age 17, Menzel was playing senior football for Centrals; he also represented South Australia at the AFL Under 18 Championships in 2012, kicking fifteen goals in two matches, but missing the rest of the games due to injury.[citation needed] Seen as one of the most talented players in the 2012 National Draft, several clubs were cautious about taking Menzel due to his injury-prone knees – he had suffered injuries to both knees during his junior years, and underwent a LARS reconstruction at age 16, in which the natural ligament is augmented with synthetic tissue. This saw him slide to Carlton's first pick at 11 overall, and having rated him as the second-best player in the draft, they were quick to pounce on him.[1]"

Has the talent and was a pick 11 which at the time was seen to have slid at the draft. Could work out well if Dew can get the best out of him.

"In 2012, at age 17, Menzel was playing senior football for Centrals; he also represented South Australia at the AFL Under 18 Championships in 2012, kicking fifteen goals in two matches, but missing the rest of the games due to injury.[citation needed] Seen as one of the most talented players in the 2012 National Draft, several clubs were cautious about taking Menzel due to his injury-prone knees – he had suffered injuries to both knees during his junior years, and underwent a LARS reconstruction at age 16, in which the natural ligament is augmented with synthetic tissue. This saw him slide to Carlton's first pick at 11 overall, and having rated him as the second-best player in the draft, they were quick to pounce on him.[1]"

Wouldn't trust that twitter account, they post a lot of wrong information. They seem to go for the post a lot of stuff and hope one of them is right way of predicting.

Looks like there is going to be alot of changes at GC this year with all the exits going on, How many positions will need to be filled im counting like 10 with probably 6 picks below 40.

Would be interesting if there was a list just to look at and who the club is targeting to bring into the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back