List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I personally don't see the merit in chasing Fyfe. Keep stocking talent and filling holes with quality players for unders (Hanley, Barlow etc). We just drafted Brodie, Bowes and Ainsworth who already look quality with Miller, Martin, Fiorini, Ah Chee etc all coming through so we are gonna need some cash in the kitty.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I personally don't see the merit in chasing Fyfe. Keep stocking talent and filling holes with quality players for unders (Hanley, Barlow etc). We just drafted Brodie, Bowes and Ainsworth who already look quality with Miller, Martin, Fiorini, Ah Chee etc all coming through so we are gonna need some cash in the kitty.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

I like it

Id probably prefer someone like luke breust or something.
Someone with a point of difference and only worth half the price.

Can find midfielders anywhere.

I would love to have Fyfe on our list. Fits in the team perfectly as a gun midfielder who has questions over his kicking efficiency and injuries.

But $1.5mill/y is waaaaay to much to pay 1 player, even if the cap rises or whatever. Thats more than we were paying Ablett before you take into account the extra he got from the AFL, and Fyfe is no GAJ. And plus we would probably have to pay even more overs to actually get him to come. No thanks.

As for trade targets, its hard to see where our holes are until we have started playing for points and have a good look. Maybe a real 3rd tall forward of 190ish cm? But there doesn't appear to be much out there that would be available. And also maybe some more tall depth?

As much as I'd love Fyfe I wouldnt want him for that money but if there is one team out of Vic that has bid that money you would think it's us with maybe the Ablett money to pay for it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lynchy will be our next $1mil per season player when he re-signs long term in 2018.

Unless the salary cap does increase fairly substantially - or Evans somehow pulls strings with the AFL and we get allowance for a new "marquee" signing after Gaz, I can't see us having another player in that price bracket in the immediate future?

Would actually prefer Rockliff over Fyfe. Would cost half as much and when he's up and going is one of the best midfielder in the competition just have to look at his 2014 season to see that (18 games with an average of 32.7 disposals and 9 tackles a game). Good friends with Hanley and already lives in Queensland would help as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would actually prefer Rockliff over Fyfe. Would cost half as much and when he's up and going is one of the best midfielder in the competition just have to look at his 2014 season to see that (18 games with an average of 32.7 disposals and 9 tackles a game). Good friends with Hanley and already lives in Queensland would help as well.

It wouldn't happen, but i'd like this too

Supposably clubs circling Fyfe.

1 non victorian club supposably dandgling a 1.5mill a year carrot

Fyfes a avid outdoors man. Surfing fishing etc.
Gaz wants out..
The money is available.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-06/clubs-set-to-dangle-15million-carrot-to-lure-fyfe

Supposably clubs circling Fyfe.

1 non victorian club supposably dandgling a 1.5mill a year carrot

Fyfes a avid outdoors man. Surfing fishing etc.
Gaz wants out..
The money is available.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-03-06/clubs-set-to-dangle-15million-carrot-to-lure-fyfe
SuppoSEDLY Fyfe likes a surf, well the numbers need to stack up, but I would love him up here... Nat seems like a smart man and the dream of any footballer has got to be premiership(s), money and lifestyle.. I would hope that he can see that our list is ready to contend for a decade. I'm from WA and I can tell you that what sets the Gold Coast apart are the gorgeous winters, he can surf all year round up here..Perth is fuc'n cold in the winter.. but the money... Nat must realise that if we can't retain all our young studs because he is getting paid half our cap, then what's the point... come up here for lifestyle and premierships, we will still pay you 5 mill over 5 years (back loaded for when Gaz retires in 2020).. winning multiple premierships is better than getting paid and extra 4 or 5 hundred thousand a year surely...
I wonder if Dermie would give away all the premierships so he could go back and play for Footscray for 50% more money... or for that matter Rocket!!
One thing is for sure, he won't win a premiership at Freo...

SuppoSEDLY Fyfe likes a surf, well the numbers need to stack up, but I would love him up here... Nat seems like a smart man and the dream of any footballer has got to be premiership(s), money and lifestyle.. I would hope that he can see that our list is ready to contend for a decade. I'm from WA and I can tell you that what sets the Gold Coast apart are the gorgeous winters, he can surf all year round up here..Perth is fuc'n cold in the winter.. but the money... Nat must realise that if we can't retain all our young studs because he is getting paid half our cap, then what's the point... come up here for lifestyle and premierships, we will still pay you 5 mill over 5 years (back loaded for when Gaz retires in 2020).. winning multiple premierships is better than getting paid and extra 4 or 5 hundred thousand a year surely...
I wonder if Dermie would give away all the premierships so he could go back and play for Footscray for 50% more money... or for that matter Rocket!!
One thing is for sure, he won't win a premiership at Freo...

Id take $500,000 a year if it meant I would never win an AFL premiership. Where do I sign

I'd rather us get two guys around the b-b+ range for 500,000 and then spend the other 500,000 on resigning all the the younger guys, just my two cents we'll probably end up with nothing like that

I wish we never were forced to get rid of Bennell - will always remember that 27 disposal, 6 goal game he played against Geelong a few years ago. Had all the tools to become the best player in the league imo.
Granted it gave us the pick that got Fiorini so I can't be too unhappy

Trying not to derail but if you don't think Rocket, Cochrane and now Mark Evans aren't the most important "transfers" in the past 3 years you're wrong
I don't disagree re: Rocket and the Coch but bit early on Evans isn't it? He hasn't done anything yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back