List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

LynchysMob

Club Legend
Nov 19, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Are they saying Andrew Mackie is going to come up here as a rookie or something and then be a coach?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Cattergirl

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
700k a year for 2, player coach.

Apparently some suns group of fb.
Things may have changed I guess, but last I heard Chris Scott said that Mackie would be at the Cats in an off field role next year. Trade radio also said he would be staying at Geelong in a list management/recruitment role.

Reckon it would be all over the media if he was about to come out of retirement in the next few weeks

Aug 2, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Things may have changed I guess, but last I heard Chris Scott said that Mackie would be at the Cats in an off field role next year. Trade radio also said he would be staying at Geelong in a list management/recruitment role.

Reckon it would be all over the media if he was about to come out of retirement in the next few weeks
Agreed.. probably fb making rubbish up

17er

Cancelled
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
My early thoughts are that the Melbourne media has too much focus on Vic Metro, which didn't perform that well as a team against the Allies, who themselves fielded 10 Gold Coast Suns Talent Academy players. That said, Jarrod Brander seems to be the kind of smokey I'd like at #19 and love at #40. As far as I'm concerned, picking as many of the Academy players should be the focus.

Sunraysia

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast
Haven't followed U18s a lot this season - but if Sam Hayes ( Ruckman /Forward ) drops to 19 he'd be my pick. He'll be a reinforcement if our Captain chooses to move on. Hayes 202cm 92 kg . I think a better key forward than ruckman.
Saw him as an under-ager most impressive.
Think we will be going big this draft also getting local Crossley 197cm 100kg (Ruckman/ Forward)
Can't understand how Vic Media mock drafts have us continually picking small mids, small forwards and running half backs....
(running half backs - not big in a Sydney game plan ? )

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
You don't need a top 10 pick to recruit a gun. Look at what happened this year with Sam Powell-Pepper at Port. He was taken with pick 18.

I'm sure every Gold Coast supporter would be ecstatic if the club found another SPP at pick 19 this year. Also, Craig Cameron better do the right thing next year and effectively utilise Gold Coast's two likely top 10 picks in the supposed '18 super draft. He better get to work on convincing Bailey Scott to stay on the Gold Coast as well. Then you add the continuing process of setting up the Suns AFLW team. Big job for him in 2018.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
You don't need a top 10 pick to recruit a gun. Look at what happened this year with Sam Powell-Pepper at Port. He was taken with pick 18.

I'm sure every Gold Coast supporter would be ecstatic if the club found another SPP at pick 19 this year. Also, Craig Cameron better do the right thing next year and effectively utilise Gold Coast's two likely top 10 picks in the supposed '18 super draft. He better get to work on convincing Bailey Scott to stay on the Gold Coast as well. Then you add the continuing process of setting up the Suns AFLW team. Big job for him in 2018.
James Worpel

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Worpel at 41 would be a great get.
At 19?
Likely to be some good players on the board to choose from.
Someone will likely slip down the order a bit.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Worpel at 41 would be a great get.
At 19?
Likely to be some good players on the board to choose from.
Someone will likely slip down the order a bit.
No doubt like every club says whoever we get will be a steal at 19, in fact we were going to use pick 2 on INSERT NAME HERE if we still had it

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I see in Brett Anderson’s mock draft he just released he has taking the following:

Pick 19 : Charlie Ballard
Pick 42 : Noah Balta
Pick 52 : Brandon Starcevich
Pick 55 : Noah Answerth
Pick 56 : Brayden Crossley
Pick 73 : Brahden Ainsworth

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That could get very confusing with Brahden, Brandon & a couple of Braydens, together with Answerth & 2 Ainsworths. I'm already confused by all the variations of Jarryd we had last year.

Back