List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Still no forwards. wouldn't want any injuries to our forwards, big or small. already going to be playing guys out of position as a makeshift forward line in the NEAFL.
Seriously... go down the list and try to identify 12 forwards. (guys that if asked what position they prefer to play would answer with FF, CHF, FP or HFF, not 'Mid but i can play forward too'.)

Ainsworth
Day?
Young? (does he think he's a mid?)
Lynch
Lemmens
Wright
Ah Chee

(and you wonder why Lemmens got a game all year last year...)

Rivalling Collingwood's bid for first team to make a side out of exclusively midfielders.
Perhaps because they know it’s rarely in the forward line

wonder why this guy didn't land a deal somewhere?

HAIDEN SCHLOITHE (South Fremantle)

Schloithe, the 2017 Sandover Medal winner, was arguably one of the biggest snubs at this year’s rookie draft. The 24-year-old’s season in the WAFL was nothing short of outstanding — and there were several clubs that could have done with his mature frame in their midfield. No onballer had a better disposal efficiency than Schloithe in the WAFL in 2017.

Schloithe, the 2017 Sandover Medal winner, was arguably one of the biggest snubs at this year’s rookie draft. The 24-year-old’s season in the WAFL was nothing short of outstanding — and there were several clubs that could have done with his mature frame in their midfield. No onballer had a better disposal efficiency than Schloithe in the WAFL in 2017.

I'm runnng with the rest of the AFL new we needed him most...
But Clayton stuck to guns and picked up the usual project type players

Not as good as he is being made out to be if every team passed him over.

My WAFL playing mate said Schloithe is the biggest ball.hog he's ever seen and is not well liked at all.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

My WAFL playing mate said Schloithe is the biggest ball.hog he's ever seen and is not well liked at all.

Could be a reason but grain of salt worh that one as all it takes is an argument about a girl or clash of personalities and "insert name" suddenly becomes not well liked according to that person.

May be true but im not going to judge off heresay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be a reason but grain of salt worh that one as all it takes is an argument about a girl or clash of personalities and "insert name" suddenly becomes not well liked according to that person.

May be true but im not going to judge off heresay
Tim Kelly got taken in top 30 ND to go interstate with kids and a pregnant missus I(I think) but Schloithe wasn't even a rookie pick. Speaks for itself.

Tim Kelly got taken in top 30 ND to go interstate with kids and a pregnant missus I(I think) but Schloithe wasn't even a rookie pick. Speaks for itself.

From my understanding thats like comparing apples and oranges? Are they not two completely different players?

And once again four drafts barlow was overlooked? Doesnt necesarilly mean he wasnt up to it or he was a s**t bloke. Sometimes people just need an opportunity and miss out due to the afls obsession with athletism and the ultimate in excuses "potential" lol

From my understanding thats like comparing apples and oranges? Are they not two completely different players?

And once again four drafts barlow was overlooked? Doesnt necesarilly mean he wasnt up to it or he was a s**t bloke. Sometimes people just need an opportunity and miss out due to the afls obsession with athletism and the ultimate in excuses "potential" lol
Don't think so .. they were one and two in the Sandover playing as on-ballers for the same team.
Kelly was clearly the more dangerous and attracted tags etc - while Schloite was able to do his own thing.
Umpires are stat merchants after all...
One drafted the other still in the WAFL - says it all ...

Pretty much this. I've heard that he's a bit of a campaigner. don't know if that's enough to stop a team picking him up or if theres something else. (there are a lot of campaigners already in the AFL afterall!)

Yeah obviously but Schloithe based on his year alone should be drafted. When you scratch below the surface of his stats and the award he's just not worthy of an AFL spot.

Pretty much this. I've heard that he's a bit of a campaigner. don't know if that's enough to stop a team picking him up or if theres something else. (there are a lot of campaigners already in the AFL afterall!)

We need to stop living in the past and talking about Ablett, O'Meara and Campbell Brown

Given the 2018 draft thread was closed I thought this would be the spot to add random draft thoughts.

As the 2018 super draft is suppose to be especially strong at the top end and very deep I was thinking that depending on where the WCE 1st rd pick falls next year it may be a good strategy to split the pick into 2 1st rd picks.

I'll try to explain:

- Let's say Bailey Scott is our highest rated academy prospect and is rated 15-25 (Twomey has him rated in his current 2018 top 20)
- Below picks are based on current premiership odds
- Let's say we get our own pick (1) and WCE (7) + Bombers (29) and Cats (32) 2nd rd picks
- There are 3 SA boys rated as top 10 picks (Rankine and Lukosius rated top 3 and Rozee towards back of the top 7-10)

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/0fd0e7b285bce1945feea84ab8902e81

- Crows have the Demons 1st rd pick (10) and their own pick (16)
- We could trade the Crows the WCE pick (7) and the Bombers pick (29) for their 1st rd picks (10 & 16) which would potentially allow them to get their home product in Connor Rozee

- Alternatively with live trading of players/picks on draft night potentially coming in 2018 we could take Rozee using the WCE pick with the understanding that provided Bailey Scott doesn't get a bid before Adelaide's second 1st rd pick that we will do the trade and they will select the players that we want at both their 1st rd picks

- The potential advantage to us are:

1. that we get an extra 1st rd pick (3 players [1, 10, 16] instead of 2 [1 & 7])
2. That we offload the Bombers 2nd rd pick [29] that we are likely to lose anyway when a bid comes in for Bailey Scott and use the Geelong 2nd rd pick [32] + ? to pay for him
3. So end up with 1, 10, 16 + Bailey Scott + Caleb Graham - given the need the bring in more elite talent an extra 1st rd player in a super draft would be handy

So effectively pick 7 v 10 & 16

Given the 2018 draft thread was closed I thought this would be the spot to add random draft thoughts.

As the 2018 super draft is suppose to be especially strong at the top end and very deep I was thinking that depending on where the WCE 1st rd pick falls next year it may be a good strategy to split the pick into 2 1st rd picks.

I'll try to explain:

- Let's say Bailey Scott is our highest rated academy prospect and is rated 15-25 (Twomey has him rated in his current 2018 top 20)
- Below picks are based on current premiership odds
- Let's say we get our own pick (1) and WCE (7) + Bombers (29) and Cats (32) 2nd rd picks
- There are 3 SA boys rated as top 10 picks (Rankine and Lukosius rated top 3 and Rozee towards back of the top 7-10)

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...e/news-story/0fd0e7b285bce1945feea84ab8902e81

- Crows have the Demons 1st rd pick (10) and their own pick (16)
- We could trade the Crows the WCE pick (7) and the Bombers pick (29) for their 1st rd picks (10 & 16) which would potentially allow them to get their home product in Connor Rozee

- Alternatively with live trading of players/picks on draft night potentially coming in 2018 we could take Rozee using the WCE pick with the understanding that provided Bailey Scott doesn't get a bid before Adelaide's second 1st rd pick that we will do the trade and they will select the players that we want at both their 1st rd picks

- The potential advantage to us are:

1. that we get an extra 1st rd pick (3 players [1, 10, 16] instead of 2 [1 & 7])
2. That we offload the Bombers 2nd rd pick [29] that we are likely to lose anyway when a bid comes in for Bailey Scott and use the Geelong 2nd rd pick [32] + ? to pay for him
3. So end up with 1, 10, 16 + Bailey Scott + Caleb Graham - given the need the bring in more elite talent an extra 1st rd player in a super draft would be handy

So effectively pick 7 v 10 & 16

Read that Scott could nominate GC through the academy or NorthMelboure/Geelong though father-son. Are there any murmurings about which way he will go??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back