List Mgmt. 2017 GC Draft/Trade Thread/FA - National Draft Pick 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Sam Day in your best 22, assuming a full return to health?

May, Thompson, Wright, Lynch + Witts/Nicholls is your spine. You're also bringing in an academy RUC/FWD in the 2017 draft in Crossley.

Also, what do you consider him to be worth from a draft pick point of view?

Is Sam Day in your best 22, assuming a full return to health?

May, Thompson, Wright, Lynch + Witts/Nicholls is your spine. You're also bringing in an academy RUC/FWD in the 2017 draft in Crossley.

Also, what do you consider him to be worth from a draft pick point of view?

Definitely best 22 assuming he (hopefully) recovers well with his hip. We are really missing him for our structure as a swingman who can also take the pressure off Wright. Also seems to be right at home up here with his gf etc and is a great team bloke, and wont be moving anytime soon by the looks of things, especially half-way through his rehab.

Hard to say what he would be worth as he is worth so much more to us then what we would get if god forbid he were to leave. It would probably be an early 2nd-ish round pick maybe on the market. But again hard to tell at this point with so many variables, but I can't see it getting to that point anyway.

I was at a luncheon today with a couple of Suns head honchos , found out a couple of things , Ablett is gone at seasons end , only sticking point is Ablett has to agree to tear up current contract , Suns won't be paying Ablett to play elsewhere . We are not currently interested in Kelly or Martin but apparently up to our neck in the Fyfe deal , lynchy is all set to become a sun for life , few things to play out but his contract from next year on will be lucrative and long term , lot more resources from afl from next year on to help us out .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was at a luncheon today with a couple of Suns head honchos , found out a couple of things , Ablett is gone at seasons end , only sticking point is Ablett has to agree to tear up current contract , Suns won't be paying Ablett to play elsewhere . We are not currently interested in Kelly or Martin but apparently up to our neck in the Fyfe deal , lynchy is all set to become a sun for life , few things to play out but his contract from next year on will be lucrative and long term , lot more resources from afl from next year on to help us out .

Thanks for that. Anything on May?

So what the news ? Nothing we didn't already know

Geez I hope Micky B is working overtime on Fyfey.

Would be a great marquee player signing to replace Gaz. Fingers crossed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great stuff, thanks for some great news

I was at a luncheon today with a couple of Suns head honchos , found out a couple of things , Ablett is gone at seasons end , only sticking point is Ablett has to agree to tear up current contract , Suns won't be paying Ablett to play elsewhere . We are not currently interested in Kelly or Martin but apparently up to our neck in the Fyfe deal , lynchy is all set to become a sun for life , few things to play out but his contract from next year on will be lucrative and long term , lot more resources from afl from next year on to help us out.
If the AFL really wanted things to work at the Suns they would give Mark Evans all the resources he needs to make sure the club acquires both Fyfe and Clarkson in the off season. A double swoop that should guarantee finals action in 2018 (presuming there isn't an atrocious run of injuries). We know Evans has a close relationship with Clarko and Barlow, AKA Fyfe's 2015 Brownlow Medal date, is a factor as well:

x3hdU8N.jpg

It's hard not to see it as anything other than that, why would he come here when he could go anywhere? I was so on board with Skavs Dangerfield talk :(

It's a fair question. The timing of everything may actually play a big factor here. Presuming the Suns don't make the finals, their season will end on August 26/27 and the free agency period doesn't open until October 6. That gives the Suns five weeks to tie up any loose ends before officially filing any paper work.

Sorry for intruding, but how is Brandon Matera looking this year? At the GWS game on Sunday his uncle Phil seemed pretty adamant about him playing for us, is he going well this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back