Official Club Stuff 2017 Geelong guernseys and apparel - Cotton On new apparel partner

nananana catman

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2003
www.geelongblog.com
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Kent Kingsley Krew
Are we playing Soccer? Rugby?, No we are playing Aussie Rules. Sleeveless is our unique uniform & identity.

I'm not saying it looked crap on its own, but it looked very crap when your were watching both teams together.

I'm very very surprised the AFL approved this.

I can understand the big 'G' you want to be more like Carlton :)
I get that, but still stand by me sentiments that it looks better with blue shorts.

That said I hope we dont ever use it during home and away games.

Its a far different question from 'do you like it'
Somewhat different. It's the right question though because I think a lot of people are getting worked up as if it's a permanent change rather than a preseason novelty.

I liked the new tops. Very different and very innovative......I read somewhere the players designed them. I'll be getting one
Honestly a bit miffed at all the kerfuffle. I didn't mind them and changing my membership on Thursday didn't hate them when in the cats shop.

Not big on buying club stuff annually but if I had one I'd wear it.

nananana catman

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2003
www.geelongblog.com
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The Kent Kingsley Krew
Somewhat different. It's the right question though because I think a lot of people are getting worked up as if it's a permanent change rather than a preseason novelty.

There's that and I think too that we've made a lot of good decisions for a long time, but this one stands out a bit as being a bit weird/unusual.

There's that and I think too that we've made a lot of good decisions for a long time, but this one stands out a bit as being a bit weird/unusual.
They'll probably sell a s**t load of them

People hated these ones but they sold stacks apparently
images

One thing that has been successful in the NFL ( I know.. another ******* US trend) but it works...

Has been the throwback jumpers....

Pick the 70's style for example...

Has worked well in the past.

Go Catters

Mr Blicavs

Basking in Premiership glory!
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors - Maple Leafs
Cleveland Xavaliers went with the sleeved jersey and its been one of their most rewarding merchandising ploys. It's different and I expect to see a lot more sporting teams, across a lot sports opt for the sleeved jersey.
I say good on Geelong for being first can if the rank. It will be a merchandise coup fir the club!

IMG_0654.JPG

Cleveland Xavaliers went with the sleeved jersey and its been one of their most rewarding merchandising ploys. It's different and I expect to see a lot more sporting teams, across a lot sports opt for the sleeved jersey.
I say good on Geelong for being first can if the rank. It will be a merchandise coup fir the club!

View attachment 340078
I don't mind the idea, I just think the particular design we have is awful for a playing strip.
Would be great for a warm up top.

I actually didn't mind the first lot a page or so back with the hoops on them

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
I don't mind the idea, I just think the particular design we have is awful for a playing strip.
Would be great for a warm up top.

I actually didn't mind the first lot a page or so back with the hoops on them
Agreed if they did these properly and not design them to look like a shitty cheap gimmick, I would have bought one. Especially if its one with the white sleeves or the hooped sleeves. Instead they went with a bad design especially that random G in the middle.

lol they seriously told you that you can't wear it?
I had the same reaction honestly.

I am all for the Cheer Squad and supporting them - that said.....

How they can think they can dictate what version of supporter wear members can don in their section is a bit stiff IMO.

It seems CS members already give up plenty of time and effort to support - reckon not allowing last seasons manufactured club approved clothing is over the top.

Go Catters

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
I had the same reaction honestly.

I am all for the Cheer Squad and supporting them - that said.....

How they can think they can dictate what version of supporter wear members can don in their section is a bit stiff IMO.

It seems CS members already give up plenty of time and effort to support - reckon not allowing last seasons manufactured club approved clothing is over the top.

Go Catters
It's more to do with old sponsors than being last season's gear. Not wearing old sponsors is a rule that has been in place for quite some time. I'm not a cheer squad official, so this is all my opinion. But I guess as part of an official club group that is front and centre on game day I can understand supporting the sponsors. It's just that I generally get my gear at the end of season sale, when it's more affordable.

It's more to do with old sponsors than being last season's gear. Not wearing old sponsors is a rule that has been in place for quite some time. I'm not a cheer squad official, so this is all my opinion. But I guess as part of an official club group that is front and centre on game day I can understand supporting the sponsors. It's just that I generally get my gear at the end of season sale, when it's more affordable.
Reasonable point I had not considered.

The new sponsors pay top dollar to be there. Makes sense I guess. Still, it seems a bit Rod Marsh.

Go Catters

Reasonable point I had not considered.

The new sponsors pay top dollar to be there. Makes sense I guess. Still, it seems a bit Rod Marsh.

Go Catters
Yep, they could at least supply the gear free of charge or GAGF in my books.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Yep, they could at least supply the gear free of charge or GAGF in my books.
we have been offered half price Coar polos and members hoodies, which for the two of them is about $65, not too bad really I guess. Anyway, last year the cheer squad was looking pretty good with more flags and banners than ever, so hopefully we can continue and make it even bigger and better this year.

we have been offered half price Coar polos and members hoodies, which for the two of them is about $65, not too bad really I guess. Anyway, last year the cheer squad was looking pretty good with more flags and banners than ever, so hopefully we can continue and make it even bigger and better this year.

That's a fair effort. Makes the transition much more palatable.

Takes my issue out of it really.

Fair enough.

Go Catters

Back