No Oppo Supporters 2017 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get the Port applause personally.

Whilst Rocky will have Rundle St rocking in his pursuit of pints.
Watts and Mopealot are mostly window dressing.
I guess it depends on if a change of club will bring the best out of Watts & Motlop.

Rocky, PowellPepper & Wines is a bloody tough as nails midfield too!!

Btw, it's been a while. Good to see you around the place again Fu. :thumbsu:

Move danger permanently to the forward line.
That could work as a surprise tactic but I think if given the chance to plan for it every week coaches would figure him out. Also he's arguably the best midfielder in the game at the moment, would be wasted in the forward line on a permanent basis.

No we have Tippett, Foote, Towers, Cunningham, Parker, Longmire & no game plan.

Parker won the Bob Skilton Medal & didn't you use to love Foote? I thought from your posts he was the second coming of the 88th best midfielder in the comp.

I guess it depends on if a change of club will bring the best out of Watts & Motlop.

Rocky, PowellPepper & Wines is a bloody tough as nails midfield too!!

Btw, it's been a while. Good to see you around the place again Fu. :thumbsu:

Rocky, if his liver is up to it. Will be handy for Hinkley and his Colonel Klink Koch.
Allowing Gray and Chad of The Wingard - more midfield minutes, whilst also pill poping himself. No doubting this addition at all if all in.
Then add to this, Watts and Mopealot's ability as luxurious skiers. They are ideal additions to Ports rota, whilst bearing in mind the winter olympics having it's turn on TV in 2018.

Rocky, if his liver is up to it. Will be handy for Hinkley and his Colonel Klink Koch.
Allowing Gray and Chad of The Wingard - more midfield minutes, whilst also pill poping himself. No doubting this addition at all if all in.
Then add to this, Watts and Mopealot's ability as luxurious skiers. They are ideal additions to Ports rota, whilst bearing in mind the winter olympics having it's turn on TV in 2018.
I’m so happy you’re back fu!

Parker won the Bob Skilton Medal & didn't you use to love Foote? I thought from your posts he was the second coming of the 88th best midfielder in the comp.

Think his tongues was firmly in cheek.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As my time waste for the day, here's an AFL side made up of only rookie draft picks. As usual, no shenanigans picks allowed:

B: Neville Jetta, Heath Grundy, Tom Jonas
HB: Zac Williams*, Jeremy McGovern, Rory Laird
C: Luke Dahlhaus, Sam Menegola, Jack Crisp
HF: Kane Lambert, Levi Casboult, Liam Picken
F: Jeff Garlett, Josh Jenkins, Luke Breust
R: Sam Jacobs, Ed Curnow, Michael Barlow
Int: Will Langford, Matthew Wright, Dane Rampe, Charlie Cameron

Emg: Matt De Boer, any of the defenders below, Callum Sinclair, Jack Sinclair, Anthony McDonald, Tom Papley, Hugh Greenwood

*may have been shenanigans, if so replace with one of the below

Finding midfielders was the only challenge, and I was scraping the barrel a bit (didn't want to just pretend halfbacks were midfielders to fit more in). As noted in my List Managment 101 thread, defenders are absolutely everywhere on the rookie list:

Adam Saad, Mark Baguley, Jason Johannisen, Nick Smith, Matthew Suckling, Shane Biggs, Jake Lloyd, Jarrod Harbrow, Marley Williams, Lee Spurr, Kyle Hartigan

To get a gig in the above rookie defence you basically had to be a 2017 All-Australian nominee or Zac Williams who was #1 in the league for total metres gained.

As my time waste for the day, here's an AFL side made up of only rookie draft picks. As usual, no shenanigans picks allowed:

Emg: Matt De Boer, any of the defenders below, Callum Sinclair, Jack Sinclair, Anthony McDonald, Tom Papley, Hugh Greenwood

Finding midfielders was the only challenge, and I was scraping the barrel a bit (didn't want to just pretend halfbacks were midfielders to fit more in). As noted in my List Managment 101 thread, defenders are absolutely everywhere on the rookie list:

Adam Saad, Mark Baguley, Jason Johannisen, Nick Smith, Matthew Suckling, Shane Biggs, Jake Lloyd, Jarrod Harbrow, Marley Williams, Lee Spurr, Kyle Hartigan

To get a gig in the above rookie defence you basically had to be a 2017 All-Australian nominee or Zac Williams who was #1 in the league for total metres gained.

Interesting lineup. Soft underbelly. But could win 9 or 10 games if they got a head of steam up.

Rampe on the bench?

I'm having a whale of a time with the friendly norf supporters on the academy vs father/son thread, whoever said offseason was boring

I'm having a whale of a time with the friendly norf supporters on the academy vs father/son thread, whoever said offseason was boring

The sense of entitlement from the norf fans.

Even Brisbane fans where he is a father/son as well are siding with the Academy.

Fact is, there are 3 clubs he can choose to nominate for and it is up to those clubs to put the best case forward to attract him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back