Universal Love 2017 Giants Player Advocate Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, I thought I was done with one.

Can I pass (preferred)? If not, I'll take Flynn and keep the Narranderra boys together.

fridgeman, you're next
Pass is fine mate, that's why I listed more picks than players, reminds me I need to "Pass" peters17 remaining picks as requested.
Will go with your preferred option, fridgeman back to you

Pass is fine mate, that's why I listed more picks than players, reminds me I need to "Pass" peters17 remaining picks as requested.
Will go with your preferred option, fridgeman back to you
Change of heart, would like my selections back if possible, my bad mate.

Bugger

Oh well he was a Bulldog. Only the mighty Robins could turn a Staker into an AFL listed player anyway. Tex was another gimme that needed no work from them.

Finlayson. Intrigues me, looks good every time I see him play and will be going early to watch Isaac and Lachie anyway.

Edit: combaning come on down

Last edited:
Bugger

Oh well he was a Bulldog. Only the mighty Robins could turn a Staker into an AFL listed player anyway. Tex was another gimme that needed no work from them.

Finlayson. Intrigues me, looks good every time I see him play and will be going early to watch Isaac and Lachie anyway.

Edit: combaning come on down

Obviously been playing down back in the neafl but his more that natural forward and might well get that chance in '17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I got two picks for missing the first round pick.

Not what was thinking about - more this whole new "snake" format where someone gets the last pick in the first round and the first in the second. And the person who had the second last pick in the first gets the second in the second and so on.

Not having a go at you, just not completely sold on the format.

But it is what it is.

Not what was thinking about - more this whole new "snake" format where someone gets the last pick in the first round and the first in the second. And the person who had the second last pick in the first gets the second in the second and so on.

Not having a go at you, just not completely sold on the format.

But it is what it is.

It's all perspective, but you have had a pick, it was pick 7 and you used it.
The draft is compromised in "fairness" due to the reserved player allowances, leave that out and it's clearly fairer that the person who has pick 1 gets pick 36, and 2nd gets 35 rather than the person who gets pick 18 also gets 36 if you see where what I mean.
That's why snake drafts are by far the most common type conducted now.

It's all perspective, but you have had a pick, it was pick 7 and you used it.
The draft is compromised in "fairness" due to the reserved player allowances, leave that out and it's clearly fairer that the person who has pick 1 gets pick 36, and 2nd gets 35 rather than the person who gets pick 18 also gets 36 if you see where what I mean.
That's why snake drafts are by far the most common type conducted now.

I understand I had an earlier pick and used it on Josh Kelly. I also understand how some think this is fairer when picking talent, just not a fan of it that's all. I get that 1+36 roughly equals 18+19 and is fairer than 1+19 and 18+36. But that's all based on available talent.

But we're not picking for talent in this one - we're picking for favourites - which is different, (in what draft does TOJ and Tiziani go before Lids and Stevie J?) the need to compensate for an early pick is lessened dramatically in a draft like this.

But as I said...

It is what it is and I no complain.

Really.

It's all good.

I'll get there eventually.

Last edited:
I understand I had an earlier pick and used it on Josh Kelly. I also understand how some think this is fairer when picking talent, just not a fan of it that's all. I get that 1+36 roughly equals 18+19 and is fairer than 1+19 and 18+36. But that's all based on available talent.

Hey, maybe if each draft pick is worth a value and you can nominate one or two players that you've been the Advocate for in the past and have the option to match the draft pick by using a combination of picks (with maybe a 20% discount)...

Just a thought...

Hey, maybe if each draft pick is worth a value and you can nominate one or two players that you've been the Advocate for in the past and have the option to match the draft pick by using a combination of picks (with maybe a 20% discount)...

Just a thought...
Do we also get to change the rules midseason and forget to tell anyone :p
captainMyCaptain you're up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back