Competitions 2017 Goal Kicking Comp - Congratulations Harlequin!

Here's what it's all about for those new to this comp and a refresher for those that played last year!

RULES

Basic premise
You have to pick an Essendon goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins. Easy right?

Selections
You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Immunity Card
If your player kicks the first goal of the game (the game, not just the Dons first goal) then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card can be used if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Late changes
If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then it will go by alphabetical order of the players' surname to work out which player you get.

Forgetting to pick
It happens to the best of us. So instead of you getting allocated nobody and being eliminated what will happen is if you forget to put in a goal kicker you will be allocated the Essendon player with the lowest number that you haven't already selected.

Tiebreaker
In order to declare a winner should the last remaining entrants get knocked out at the same time this is how it will work.

As the competition goes on I will count your goals ie; if you pick Joey in round 1 and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point.

If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then there will be a count back until a winner is found.

'Buying' Back In
There is nothing worse than getting knocked out of a competition - especially early! :mad: In order to keep it interesting for longer there will be an option to 'buy' back in if you're knocked out.

To do this all you need to do is select TWO goal kickers you have not picked yet. You MUST GET BOTH SELECTIONS CORRECT to re-enter the game. If you are successful then you just carry on as per normal. You will have picked one more goal kicker than everyone else though - that is the price you must pay.

You can buy back in more than once but not twice in a row. Obviously you'll be using up an extra goal kicker each time so your pool of available goal kickers will shrink quickly.

Fine print
You cannot earn an Immunity Card or gain Tiebreaker Goals if you've bought back in. You'll just have to win the damn thing outright!

Last edited:

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Pass.

I'd vote for Jade but that ****** leaves the site 'for good' every few weeks ;)
200.gif

I'll do it. Given I went all rules lawyer on you last year :p
Excellent. I couldn't recall if that was you or scezza. :D

Thank you very much mate. I'll change the title of this thread and we can keep it as the sign up thread.

I'm in.

I'll just say now that some rounds might take some time to get results up due to recovery from Tanked. eg round 1
Especially when there are celebratory tanked afterwards.

Back