Am I an idiot ???

• Yes

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PLEASE DON'T MAKE THREADS LIKE THIS

Love the optimism but way too premature with still 5 weeks left.

There will be 7 others teams striving for what we are, so by no means can we get too carried away.

If our season is still alive in 9 weeks time then dare to dream.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm keeping the lid on unless we win a prelim. I can't put myself though the demoralising period following the first 6 rounds of this year again.
Exactly, things can change and although i hope they don't but can happen to the best of sides. Look what happened to Geelong last year and all the other top 4 sides for that matter.

Hmmm... I may be able to help there. I may have a spare gold barcode come September. And would love the night's accommodation (if we make it, of course). I'm a neat, clean and tidy 25 year old male, and I'm not a serial killer. Good enough?
Ted Bundy Likes This

Well...after taking care of second place Geelong...and downing a few celebration frothies ...I started thinking about the chances of the Crows making this years GF.

Fresh from the Geelong afterglow...gee the boys played well :) ....I PANICKED!!!! ....OMG ...what if the city of Melbourne is all booked out that week ???? ....what if I miss the GF parade on Thursday???....or training session on Friday ????

Soooo....I proceeded to shell out $1000 for an apartment covering Thusday to Sunday in the CBD

I staggered off to bed grinning from ear to ear....safe in the knowledge that I was one of the SMART ones who got in before the rush ;)

Today I checked my CC statement and remembered what I'd done.

Not much else I can say...other than....GO CROWS !!!! ....this is your year !!! (I hope)

That's hilarious. Can you pull out if we don't make it? If not, just go anyway and enjoy Melbourne for a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's hilarious. Can you pull out if we don't make it? If not, just go anyway and enjoy Melbourne for a weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah...can cancel on the Tuesday before the GF and loose nothing....so when you think of it...not a bad idea to secure something early...then bail if it all goes pear shaped.

End of the day you have to start making tentative plans. If people from other clubs want to spout about getting ahead of ourselves let them. Its only making plans IF we do make it. Its not saying we will.

Lid is on but bubbling

PLEASE DON'T MAKE THREADS LIKE THIS

Love the optimism but way too premature with still 5 weeks left.

There will be 7 others teams striving for what we are, so by no means can we get too carried away.

If our season is still alive in 9 weeks time then dare to dream.

LOL ...posts like this are Just fun.

Firstly....don't sweat it....clearly I'm just an idiot (as voted by my peers)

Secondly...contrary to the old 19th man campaign run a few year ago ...I don't ACTUALLY play for the Crows...in fact I'm guessing very few of us here do.

Now some would suggest these professional athletes log on before each game to see if they should try to win the game or not....I'm not one of those.

As big an IDIOT as I am....I reckon supporters have little influence apart from giving the players a buzz as they run out onto the ground....and a shot of adrenalin after they kick a goal.

With that in mind I might just get carried away in the success of this year ...and the only person who might get crushed as a result is ME ;) ...gotta love footy !!!!

Last edited:
End of the day you have to start making tentative plans. If people from other clubs want to spout about getting ahead of ourselves let them. Its only making plans IF we do make it. Its not saying we will.

Lid is on but bubbling
Clearly your a very wise man...love it !!!

Mods please delete this thread immediately before it comes back to haunt us.
I hate to quote myself but can we at least freeze this thread until we are ACTUALLY playing in the GF?
This thread is making me very nervous! + it sounds too much like the PAP's board.
WE ARE NOT PORT ADELAIDE. :thumbsdown:

I hate to quote myself but can we at least freeze this thread until we are ACTUALLY playing in the GF?
This thread is making me very nervous! + it sounds too much like the PAP's board.
WE ARE NOT PORT ADELAIDE. :thumbsdown:

Paranoid much ....last I heard it was contested possessions and goals that won games of footy.

s**t...if only the AFC board knew it was Karma and superstition we could save ourselves a packet in player wages and just implement feng shui in the change rooms and pick up a tarot board from cash converters.

Well...after taking care of second place Geelong...and downing a few celebration frothies ...I started thinking about the chances of the Crows making this years GF.

Fresh from the Geelong afterglow...gee the boys played well :) ....I PANICKED!!!! ....OMG ...what if the city of Melbourne is all booked out that week ???? ....what if I miss the GF parade on Thursday???....or training session on Friday ????

Soooo....I proceeded to shell out $1000 for an apartment covering Thusday to Sunday in the CBD

I staggered off to bed grinning from ear to ear....safe in the knowledge that I was one of the SMART ones who got in before the rush ;)

Today I checked my CC statement and remembered what I'd done.

Not much else I can say...other than....GO CROWS !!!! ....this is your year !!! (I hope)

I did this Sunday night after a number of relaxing beverages. I did it last year as well. What I found out is that a fully cancellable booking was about $70 more than a non-cancellable. Had we made the GF, the extra $70 for 3-4 nights would have been worth it. You're not mad and if your a gold member with a guaranteed ticket and you wait till the last minute and pay through the nose, then that would fit the definition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paranoid much ....last I heard it was contested possessions and goals that won games of footy.

s**t...if only the AFC board knew it was Karma and superstition we could save ourselves a packet in player wages and just implement feng shui in the change rooms and pick up a tarot board from cash converters.
Look I can see you're a newby so I'll cut you a little slack, I've just passed the 12 month mark myself. I'm not superstitious at all and I know this will have no effect on our team and players but it's the sort of thing "THE FILTH" do (I assume you know you that is!!) and I don't want this board to lower themselves to the blind stupidity of theirs because talk like this even now is premature and could even be embarrassing later on. I like your posting style so please continue to contribute but this will be my last post on this thread......well until we actually make it.

Look I can see you're a newby so I'll cut you a little slack, I've just passed the 12 month mark myself. I'm not superstitious at all and I know this will have no effect on our team and players but it's the sort of thing "THE FILTH" do (I assume you know you that is!!) and I don't want this board to lower themselves to the blind stupidity of theirs because talk like this even now is premature and could even be embarrassing later on. I like your posting style so please continue to contribute but this will be my last post on this thread......well until we actually make it.
If by FILTH you mean Port supporters....that's a bit rough...my dad was a Port supporter....granted he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed...but he was a loving dad. Anyway ...let's hope we are all at the G in a couple months time :)

Grand Final heh, I am taking it week by week. What happens if Adelaide lose to Collingwood this weekend .......

But in light of this thread, I'm going to pretend there are no such things as the footy gods.
Humourous and poetic metaphors aside, there aren't.

I'm not spending a cent until we get to a GF. But I've made a contingency plan:

1. If we make the prelims, I'll register for the GF ballot.
2. If we make the GF and I'm successful in the ballot, ZIPPEDY DO DAA I'm booking a hotel in Geelong (or some other outer region that's not eye-wateringly expensive) and driving there.
3. Would take the train to the MCG.

Grand Final heh, I am taking it week by week. What happens if Adelaide lose to Collingwood this weekend .......
If we loose this week we are half a game clear on top of the ladder. To finish in the top 2 we need to win 2 more games in the last 5. I think we can move beyond the regular season (as supporters) and start thinking finals....probably home finals.

Humourous and poetic metaphors aside, there aren't.

I'm not spending a cent until we get to a GF. But I've made a contingency plan:

1. If we make the prelims, I'll register for the GF ballot.
2. If we make the GF and I'm successful in the ballot, ZIPPEDY DO DAA I'm booking a hotel in Geelong (or some other outer region that's not eye-wateringly expensive) and driving there.
3. Would take the train to the MCG.
I coughed up for gold tickets just in case my gut feeling eventuated. If it happens, I'll be driving for sure because we love that road trip feel about the whole weekend away. Will stay at the same hotel in the CBD. Tram to the MCG, then walk to bars/pubs/restaurants to either drown the sorrows or, seeing that we've never lost a GF, celebrate as usual.

Yeah, I didn't write that, and not even thinking about it until it happens.

BTW, buying gold tix was in hope rather than gut feeling.

If we loose this week we are half a game clear on top of the ladder. To finish in the top 2 we need to win 2 more games in the last 5. I think we can move beyond the regular season (as supporters) and start thinking finals....probably home finals.

2 more wins for a top 4 finish. 3 more wins for 1st or 2nd spot.

Ran the ladder predictor and if all the favorites win the other games.

Adelaide 5-0 = 18-4 = 1st
Adelaide 4-1 = 17-5 = 1st
Adelaide 3-2 = 16-6 = 1st / 2nd
Adelaide 2-3 = 15-7 = 2nd / 3rd
Adelaide 1-4 = 14-8 = 3rd / 4th
Adelaide 0-5 = 13-9 = 8th

I bought a gold membership this year because I felt like after we didn't get Gibbs and people were writing us off that we'd end up surprising everyone and sure enough that's what we're doing. I bet using a similar kind of thinking. The public are too easily influenced by idiots in the media. With the potential of two home finals we're a chance but if we get there, whoever we may face will certainly be a tough opponent.

One week at a time. Win 3 from 5 and we finish top 2. Ideally win our next 3 games and that will see us in the ideal situation come the final 2 rounds. Then finals is about all performing on the same day and luck with injuries. Long way to go but we are in a good position.

Last edited:
Hypothetically speaking, if we were to make the GF, how hard do you think it would be for a non member living in Fiji to secure a ticket and arrange flights?

Always good to plan ahead just in case...

Fingers crossed that Sydney don't finish 4th and beat us in the qualifying final as they did in 2012. Would feel much better about us making the GF if we get past that. GWS, Richmond, the Filth - reckon we can take care of them.

On SM-T355Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back