Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else notice the knee brace on Walters in the latest Dockers magazine. Wearing it whilst touring the new stadium. Did he have a sore knee for the last round? Seems like a year ago and can’t remember haha. Hope he’s right for a big preseason. Would be great to get even more midfield minutes into him.

Did anyone else notice the knee brace on Walters in the latest Dockers magazine. Wearing it whilst touring the new stadium. Did he have a sore knee for the last round? Seems like a year ago and can’t remember haha. Hope he’s right for a big preseason. Would be great to get even more midfield minutes into him.
He did his PCL vs Hawthorn

iirc he didn't have surgery just took the rest of the season off, don't think the club has said anything on the severity or estimated recovery time

They are a pain those braces. I did a grade 3 MCL tear and had to wear the brace for 8-10 weeks. PCL would be worse 3 months I reckon. He'll be hitting up the boxing and the alterG Anti Gravity treadmill to be ready for preseason.

Walters did the injury on 22.07.17 vs Hawks. Will be 3 months in 3 weeks. He'll start some light running at that time which is a few weeks before he is due for PS training.

Was searching for something else and came across our injury list for the final round of the regular season...

Shane Kersten Groin Test
Lachie Neale Groin/Knee Test
Lee Spurr Calf Season
Ed Langdon Knee Season
Connor Blakely Shoulder Season
Alex Pearce Leg Season
Michael Apeness Knee Season
Michael Walters Knee Season
Aaron Sandilands Hamstring Season
Matt Uebergang Hamstring Season
Zac Clarke Knee Season
Brady Grey Hamstring Season

How we were even semi competitive against Essendon in that game is a bit of a mystery. We could have the best list in the AFL and still finish bottom 6 with the volume of injuries we've carried the past two years. I'd go as far to say our #1 priority for 2018 should be to get our injury list down to something more reasonable. Especially keeping our big blokes off it.

Was searching for something else and came across our injury list for the final round of the regular season...

Shane Kersten Groin Test
Lachie Neale Groin/Knee Test
Lee Spurr Calf Season
Ed Langdon Knee Season
Connor Blakely Shoulder Season
Alex Pearce Leg Season
Michael Apeness Knee Season
Michael Walters Knee Season
Aaron Sandilands Hamstring Season
Matt Uebergang Hamstring Season
Zac Clarke Knee Season
Brady Grey Hamstring Season

How we were even semi competitive against Essendon in that game is a bit of a mystery. We could have the best list in the AFL and still finish bottom 6 with the volume of injuries we've carried the past two years. I'd go as far to say our #1 priority for 2018 should be to get our injury list down to something more reasonable. Especially keeping our big blokes off it.
I like our additions so far but we have added another injury prone best 22 guy. Hope it works out.

Having Alex Pearce fit and playing excites me as much as having Harley Bennell back.

The bloke has massive upside and if he can get back to the form he had before he got injured, he's a huge addition to our best 22. He could be the dominant tall defender in the AFL for the next 10 years.

Having Alex Pearce fit and playing excites me as much as having Harley Bennell back.

The bloke has massive upside and if he can get back to the form he had before he got injured, he's a huge addition to our best 22. He could be the dominant tall defender in the AFL for the next 10 years.

Next year could be exciting.

Fully fit Fyfe and Neale. Bennell, Wilson. Ryan with anther preseason. A Pearce coming in (won't expect much till second half of year). Apeness full fit. So much more. Two top 5 picks to Debut. Hodor to get the rising star.
Has our recruiting moved our window up a year? Was suppose to by 2020, but 2019 might be a sneaky chance.

Next year could be exciting.

Fully fit Fyfe and Neale. Bennell, Wilson. Ryan with anther preseason. A Pearce coming in (won't expect much till second half of year). Apeness full fit. So much more. Two top 5 picks to Debut. Hodor to get the rising star.
Has our recruiting moved our window up a year? Was suppose to by 2020, but 2019 might be a sneaky chance.

Been saying it for a while, our list is very good. Arguably the best we've had and good enough to finish well inside the 8 this year.

Been saying it for a while, our list is very good. Arguably the best we've had and good enough to finish well inside the 8 this year.

Especially if we get the draw that we should get - Eagles as our only top 6 twice, and other double ups with the likes of North and Gold Coast

Yes, we just need to ensure we can get them on the park together as frequently as possible. Im not convinced our Fitness, Injury, Rehab is as good as it could be. Just seem to have too many injuries and injuries that seem to stretch on and on. That saying I don't know what the reason for it is...could be outside their control.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Especially if we get the draw that we should get - Eagles as our only top 6 twice, and other double ups with the likes of North and Gold Coast

We will definitely get Gold Coast twice - the AFL will want to market the 'Weller vs Freo' thing so Gold Coast can start playing in some games with some hype

We will definitely get Gold Coast twice - the AFL will want to market the 'Weller vs Freo' thing so Gold Coast can start playing in some games with some hype

I'm sure if they could engineer it, gold coast would play geelong every few weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back