Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

The cub has announced 8 - 10 weeks, so thats a bit less that old mate crumpet face.

Even when he's part right, he manages to get it wrong
Maybe. If a player needs 10 weeks to recover I wouldn't be planning to have them in the first for "up to" 12 weeks to get them cherry ripe. But you can guarantee that a sprinkle of bs was added as part of journalistic license.

Ballas going down really gives a great opportunity to some of our back ups grey, deluca etc.

Ballas going down is a loss. In saying that hes not very discipline on the field, the umps hate him and hes gone missing in huge games. Hope he has a speedy recovery, but we can fill the void.

Not another top draft pick wasted with serious knee injuries.

Can't catch break. That said we did pick Apeness after he had done an ACL already.

:'(:'(

It is starting to look like Apeness might be one of those players who are cursed by the injury gods. Lets hope he can stay on the park for an extended time once he gets back from this latest injury.

Ballas going down really gives a great opportunity to some of our back ups grey, deluca etc.

Ballas going down is a loss. In saying that hes not very discipline on the field, the umps hate him and hes gone missing in huge games. Hope he has a speedy recovery, but we can fill the void.

Tend to agree. Ballas is certainly a better forward than our potential replacements but some bonus may come out. I personally got frustrated at the amount of times the ball is kicked over the head of a leading Ballas (lets face it, he is bloody short) the umpire hate and the continual falling over (what the hell was going on there??).

If Crozier is in form he is a better mark and a beautiful kick on goal, Langdon looks ready to go into a high half forward role and seems to like a goal and hold me back if Bennell ever gets out there because he will be a better option again. Would not say no to a trial for Grey or the very versatile Tucker either.

RTB would have played Ballas every game, personally I would not have thought that was a great long term plan. I would prefer to see options for Ballas replacement getting some games. This has just brought that forward and guaranteed our very young talent will be getting their fair share of games.

If Crozier is in form he is a better mark and a beautiful kick on goal
Not anymore - he seems to have fallen off the same cliff as Michael Walters in terms of goal kicking accuracy.

Hopefully something they can straighten out, because inaccuracy has cost us dearly in the past.

So the rehab group is.

APearce, Clarke , Bennell, Apeness,Ballas and Ryan.

Is that right or have I forgotten someone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not anymore - he seems to have fallen off the same cliff as Michael Walters in terms of goal kicking accuracy.

Hopefully something they can straighten out, because inaccuracy has cost us dearly in the past.
Stop having an agenda for your buddy :p. He tackle hard , improve his kicking , he is more of Joel selwood type without faking for free than ballas :D

Over the next 2 years we have six 30yr old+ players we need to replace.

Sandi, Griff, Mundy, Johnson, Ballas, D Pearce.

We have replacements for:
Sandi = Darcy
Griff = Apeness
Mundy = Blakely
Johnson = Logue?
D Pearce = Bennell, Langdon, Hill, etc.
Ballas = ?????

We don't have a like-for-like replacement for Ballas on our list. As unfortunate as this injury is and it likely hurts us in the short term, it's going to help us in long term.

Now we have to find a replacement. Whether it be a like-for-like or change up our structures to fit a different type in there.

Over the next 2 years we have six 30yr old+ players we need to replace.

Sandi, Griff, Mundy, Johnson, Ballas, D Pearce.

We have replacements for:
Sandi = Darcy
Griff = Apeness
Mundy = Blakely
Johnson = Logue?
D Pearce = Bennell, Langdon, Hill, etc.
Ballas = ?????

We don't have a like-for-like replacement for Ballas on our list. As unfortunate as this injury is and it likely hurts us in the short term, it's going to help us in long term.

Now we have to find a replacement. Whether it be a like-for-like or change up our structures to fit a different type in there.
I like a change of structure , grey/deluca is the current temp ideal replacement but dont expect the same output . the advantage for both is the ability to switch and play mid and allow guy like Neale/d.pearce to play ballas roles if they are not effective on game day .Just upgrade both deluca and grey as a.pearce and Clarke only expected to be back mid season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back