Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't play last weekend, we've seen him come in and be an abject failure the last 4 times he's been picked to play defence.

Walters is also out, Sutcliffe will come in to replace whatever mid fills Walters' spot

I'm sure Sutty could play Croziers current role better than him.

The only doubt would be his contested marking ability which is non existent. But really how many does Croz take?

I'm sure Sutty could play Croziers current role better than him.

The only doubt would be his contested marking ability which is non existent. But really how many does Croz take?
Yeah completely disagree with this. Watch most of our games this season again and you will see Croz out on a long lead taking a mark. He does it a few times per game usually. Not sure I have seen Sutty bust out the sticky hands. Also, Sutty is a poorer kick.

I don't mind at all if Sutty gets a run in the midfield though. He has never really had the chance there at AFL level but goes alright at Peel.

Playing sutty in midfield will be like hawthorn playing Langford in the early rd of the season. Keep burning the ball until clarkson drop him to box hill multiple time and bring him back as a HF and less of a inside mid .

Around this time each season the Freo injury list starts to look like the aftermath of the Battle of Stalingrad.

I still reckon a thorough review of the club's medical and sports science is in order.

The ball recoils when it touches our forward line like a ten year old boy kissed at a bbq by a gang of aunties.

So, could Sutty be tried as a defensive forward? Not necessarily a long term option, but to plug the gap.

Around this time each season the Freo injury list starts to look like the aftermath of the Battle of Stalingrad.

I still reckon a thorough review of the club's medical and sports science is in order.

Our injury list is quiet short, we just have no depth to cover any injuries. I think that is the big issue, but it would have helped to rest a few players through the season.

Our injury list is quiet short, we just have no depth to cover any injuries. I think that is the big issue, but it would have helped to rest a few players through the season.

Especially if you take out 3 that will not make an appearance for the whole year.

Seriously Freo any chance of an update on Clarke, Pearce and Uber other than they won't play this year.

Especially if you take out 3 that will not make an appearance for the whole year.

Seriously Freo any chance of an update on Clarke, Pearce and Uber other than they won't play this year.
Plus the loss of Yarran. The other thing is, because we are rebuilding, the likes of D Pearce, Dawson etc, are not really available. Takes a chunk of our list away.

The ball recoils when it touches our forward line like a ten year old boy kissed at a bbq by a gang of aunties.

So, could Sutty be tried as a defensive forward? Not necessarily a long term option, but to plug the gap.

The main reason the ball gets out of our forward line so easy is intercept marks by opposition defenders. Small defensive forwards isn't going to stop that, as we saw when we tried playing Suban on McGovern 2 weeks ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main reason the ball gets out of our forward line so easy is intercept marks by opposition defenders. Small defensive forwards isn't going to stop that, as we saw when we tried playing Suban on McGovern 2 weeks ago.
Agree with this. Midfield needs to lower their eyes. If they want to kick it long at least aim for the pockets and not the main interceptors hands.

I hope they spend plenty of time every week at training coaching them to have some composure entering the forward 50. Some of our better players do it too in Neale and Fyfe. I am sure they do it must just take a really long time to get it into their heads.

Plus the loss of Yarran. The other thing is, because we are rebuilding, the likes of D Pearce, Dawson etc, are not really available. Takes a chunk of our list away.

Yeah, I see the end of this year as the second necessary reasonably high turnover of players. From next year and with a bit of luck from the injury gods we may just begin to have a full squad of players of fit players who are all working towards being selected.

Yeah, I see the end of this year as the second necessary reasonably high turnover of players. From next year and with a bit of luck from the injury gods we may just begin to have a full squad of players of fit players who are all working towards being selected.
We will still have D Pearce and possibly Spurr and Johnno whose output could be down or could be out of the side. You would think though that we should have a few more to pick from though.

We will still have D Pearce and possibly Spurr and Johnno whose output could be down or could be out of the side. You would think though that we should have a few more to pick from though.

Yep D Pearce is certainly surplus to requirements whilst the others could still play a fair role next year.

You never know, Pearce might see the writing on the wall and accept a payout especially if he wants to get back to SA.

Got a visit from none other than Michael Apeness at my workplace tonight, I'm usually bad at recognition but couldn't mistake him for anyone else by the fact he was 2 metres tall, asked him how he was doing and about how his injury rehab was tracking. He said it's been really frustrating for him but he's looking to have a big 2018 season and wanting to make an impact.

Disappointing thing was he bought a cheap $5 port, was thinking to myself c'mon Michael you can afford better than that mate.

Dedicated rehab mate,can't be gargling the turps.
What sort of joint do you work at?
Manager at the Liquor Barons in Redcliffe, not a bad gig :thumbsu:

But yeah nice bloke though, too nice in fact, want to see him breaking opposition players' bones next year. Also worth noting it doesn't look like he's been skipping out on the gym sessions, dudes a huge unit

I was thinking the $5 Port was in a tumbler not a bottle so I guess I've got it now.
I bought a port in Porto sent it home to WA and drank it 10 years later and thought God can't make any more s**t this good.
He's the gorilla we need.

Manager at the Liquor Barons in Redcliffe, not a bad gig :thumbsu:

But yeah nice bloke though, too nice in fact, want to see him breaking opposition players' bones next year. Also worth noting it doesn't look like he's been skipping out on the gym sessions, dudes a huge unit

He has always seemed super quiet and respectful off the field but he is a naturally aggressive beast on field and that's what counts. He deserves a good run at it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back