Injury 2017 - Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a listen to an ABC interview with Rocket Eade and he had this to say:
"The veteran coach believed the Gold Coast board should have been more aware of the issues that had beset the club, labelling the Suns' high performance and medical departments 'really average'."

They certainly made a mess of Bennell's calf.

We have one of the worst injury records of any club in the AFL, yet many fans still think our medical department is the best going around. I would think this is the one of the most serious issues facing Fremantle and needs to be addressed as a high priority.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in essence he has OP but we are no longer using that term in the football world?

The lack of power in the groin muscle he reports isn't typical of OP though. He should be tight in there. Six weeks would say to me he has bruising or stress through that part of his pelvis.

People can get that in their patella connection below the knee, where the force from above pulls the tendon off the bone except the bone tries to come away from itself. Gets all angry.

The worry for me is infection from any injections they put into the area during his six weeks off, like what happened with Alex Silvani a few years ago. He is going off with the new wife, it won't be the most sanitary of conditions at the best of times let alone then.

Usual rule is anywhere naturally dark, damp or both is an infection risk.

Does anyone know how the season ending injury players are going? Running, casts off etc?
I refer to the following:

Lee Spurr Calf Season
Ed Langdon Knee Season
Connor Blakely Shoulder Season
Alex Pearce Leg Season
Michael Apeness Knee Season
Michael Walters Knee Season
Aaron Sandilands Hamstring Season
Matt Uebergang Hamstring Season
Zac Clarke Knee Season
Brady Grey Hamstring

The worry for me is infection from any injections they put into the area during his six weeks off, like what happened with Alex Silvani a few years ago. He is going off with the new wife, it won't be the most sanitary of conditions at the best of times let alone then.

Usual rule is anywhere naturally dark, damp or both is an infection risk.

Are you calling his wife unsanitary?

So in essence he has OP but we are no longer using that term in the football world?

Yeah OP is an outdated term - itis generally indicates an infection when there is none in OP

it's just clumped under BSI's now - bone stress injuries

Not sure what's wrong with Neale, if I was to have a shot in the dark I'd say something tendinous but I wouldn't rule out OP/BSI just because the players can't exactly communicate correctly symptoms neither will they or the club

Also Hughes is fine, has progressed to the plastic removable cast btw

Does anyone know how the season ending injury players are going? Running, casts off etc?
I refer to the following:

Lee Spurr Calf Season
Ed Langdon Knee Season
Connor Blakely Shoulder Season
Alex Pearce Leg Season
Michael Apeness Knee Season
Michael Walters Knee Season
Aaron Sandilands Hamstring Season
Matt Uebergang Hamstring Season
Zac Clarke Knee Season
Brady Grey Hamstring

Webber says they're all progressing well.

Yeah OP is an outdated term - itis generally indicates an infection when there is none in OP

it's just clumped under BSI's now - bone stress injuries

Not sure what's wrong with Neale, if I was to have a shot in the dark I'd say something tendinous but I wouldn't rule out OP/BSI just because the players can't exactly communicate correctly symptoms neither will they or the club

Also Hughes is fine, has progressed to the plastic removable cast btw

'itis is not outdated. It's a medical term, means inflammation, not infection and used all the time. Tendinitis, thyroiditis, arthritis etc etc etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back