Injury 2017 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have you ever been happy a star player for the opposition missed the game vs the Crows because they were injured? I bet you have.

It's exactly the same thing. I would be happy if Mackay was injured because it increases our chance of winning, not because I wish any ill upon him.
So let me figure this out... you'd be happy if MacKay got injured but you don't wish any I'll upon him....that really makes a lot of sense.
In response to your other suggestion, I'd prefer our side to play and defeat a full strength 1st class opposition rather than glory in a win that is tainted by the unfortunate injuries that happen in professional sport. If you really loved the game as I do you wouldn't wish/hope an injury on any player or any other word you choose to use to justify your statement. I'm craving for a premiership as much as anyone on this board but not at the expense of star players being wiped out.

Based on him being a very good back up player who has a very similar game style to Tex.
Who has hardly played all pre-season because he got injured early in game 1.

Would be crazy to take in an underdone fringe player.

Don't think he is underdone, he had a full pre season and was removed as a precaution. I think he would offer a great deal more than Menzel.
I think the preference will be to play the guy who played 3 games over the guy who unfortunately was injured after 10 minutes...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No great surprise there. Gives us 2 vacancies we can use for promoting rookies, if/when they are required.
The odds are we will play at least 1 rookie at some stage... the question is which one(s).

Greenwood probably the front runner.

Hey guys not sure if i'm just hopeful but do you think crows might be playing some mind games on GWS and Sloane , Walker and Crouch will all play this weekend? Just betts on FiveAA yesterday said that all three should be available read a snippet of it here.

“I think Sloaney will be all right for Rd 1. Crouch will be all right for Rd 1 -- we’ll see how he goes this week.

“And I’m pretty sure Taylor will be right for Rd 1.”

Eddie said the prospect of playing with a full deck was “exciting”.

Just a couple hours after this was said article came out on Advertiser about how Sloane and Walker are racing to be fit i'm not sure if it's just me but it seems like mind games and all three will be named this week.

What are your guys thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back