Injury 2017 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pyke on MMM this morning:

If Tex gets through training today sounds like he will play, looking positive
Sounds like they will take a punt on Sloane
Non-committal on Lever
Thommo will play some sanfl this week, sounds like he's a while away
Brad has done a power of work but only joined training this week, will be brought back via SANFL unsure of the timing.

Carmo werent we arguing when Crouch was first reported injured that this would be the case?

Yea sounds like definite for thommo to play SANFL trial. Brad likely to be another week. Hopefully plays the game on 31st.

Don't really mind that for Brad. They can still push him hard in training but it would be more controlled rather than some trial match against kids. WWT have already said they'll be playing fielding "young teams" in the match v the crows on Saturday. It'll be even more of a nothing game.

Non-committal on Lever
Brad has done a power of work but only joined training this week, will be brought back via SANFL unsure of the timing.

Carmo werent we arguing when Crouch was first reported injured that this would be the case?

Yes I think you might have. At the same time plenty of sky is falling-ers also had thommo back a few rounds in, sloane no chance for round 1 etc.

Yes I think you might have. At the same time plenty of sky is falling-ers also had thommo back a few rounds in, sloane no chance for round 1 etc.
Nah. Don't deflect, at that stage Sloane wasn't even injured. You got caught with your optimistic pants down.

Hard to know, given the way that the club loves playing ducks and drakes.

My guess is:
  • Brouch will play.... in the SANFL.
  • Tex 40% chance of playing, and it's probably only that high because the game's on Sunday.
  • Sloane 60% chance of playing.
Sloane should be OK by now he's missed the entire JLT series. So about 5/6 weeks ago and about a month since the op with a plate screwed in to his face I think. Still not 100% healed but I would think they'll weigh up the risk/rewards and he'll suit up.

Non-committal on Lever

as far as I can recall Crouch was consistently described as tracking towards round 1. As was Sloane, Lever and Thommo. What I think we're seeing, taking into account Lever's non-selection, is a reduced field of players who will be selected after injury without any match practice.

as far as I can recall Crouch was consistently described as tracking towards round 1. As was Sloane, Lever and Thommo. What I think we're seeing, taking into account Lever's non-selection, is a reduced field of players who will be selected after injury without any match practice.

Agreed.

At least with Sloane he has been able to run for a while after only taking a small break from running post the fracture

Lever with a Hammy misses out on some running, so needs to get a small base back, hence he plays SANFL

Now i feel Sloane with near on 150 games under his belt, gets the benefit to come straight back in. Lever doesn't quite have that games and PS base under his belt to earn that just yet. If Lever wasn't so young, he may have come straight back too

Possibly this. Possibly just a case of the club spouting bullshit in their pre-season injury updates. Possibly both. My money would be on the 3rd option.

More hamstring soreness? This is what happens when you promote the work experience kid way above his pay grade after only being there a couple of months.

Get Birdman back in that role!
Burning down the Haas?

More hamstring soreness? This is what happens when you promote the work experience kid way above his pay grade after only being there a couple of months.

Pretty sure he's more than qualified.

Pretty sure he's more than qualified.

Yeah the “work experience kid” was more tongue-in-cheek on my part, I’m sure he’s qualified. I still think we should have kept Burton in that role though.

It’s one to keep an eye on but probably too early to pinpoint any blame atm and we’re more than likely just returning to a more “normal” level of injuries every club gets compared to the outlier last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the “work experience kid” was more tongue-in-cheek on my part, I’m sure he’s qualified. I still think we should have kept Burton in that role though.

It’s one to keep an eye on but probably too early to pinpoint any blame atm and we’re more than likely just returning to a more “normal” level of injuries every club gets compared to the outlier last year.
I reckon he would have similar philosophies to Brett, or at least he should given we've done well injury wise.

I don't expect the blessed run we had though.

We have definitely gone backwards in this dept though. Weve lost a lot of experience since 2015.

Cheney has had back/hamstring issues since he came to the club.

Player | Injury | Injury Date | Estimated Time Out | Estimated Return
\Brad Crouch|Hamstring|January|At least one week|SANFL in "coming weeks"
\Kyle Cheney|Hamstring|Round 1 Training|TBD|TBD
\Paul Seedsman|Groin|2016 Season|A few weeks|TBD
\Tom Doedee|Knee|Pre-Season|A few weeks|TBD
\Ben Davis|Foot stress fracture|Pre-season|TBD|TBD
\Cam Ellis-Yolmen|ACL|JLT Game 1|Season|2018

Walker, Sloane named in AFL.

Knight, Gore, Thompson, Lever, Keath, Signorello, Beech named in SANFL trial.

Rumors are Cheney injured a hamstring at training. Unknown status right now

Time for Kelly to truly become "the bull" and stake his claim. Now or never Jake.

Walker, Sloane named in AFL.

Knight, Gore, Thompson, Lever, Keath, Signorello, Beech named in SANFL trial.

Rumors are Cheney injured a hamstring at training. Unknown status right now

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-03-24/four-to-resume-in-sanfl

Backman Kyle Cheney experienced hamstring soreness at training on Thursday and was unavailable for selection. He will be further assessed in the coming days.

\Taylor Walker|Hamstring|JLT Game 3|1 Week|Round 2

Taylor Walker not playing this week against GWS. Still injured from JLT 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back