10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Your signature :rolleyes:
That's only been my sig for about 4 years, and I still think the "true" leader of the ALP is Anthony Albanese, he's the one the members voted for but were usurped by the rigged Faction vote. Both main Political Parties have leaders that stand for nothing currently.

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's only been my sig for about 4 years, and I still think the "true" leader of the ALP is Anthony Albanese, he's the one the members voted for but were usurped by the rigged Faction vote. Both main Political Parties have leaders that stand for nothing currently.

I think i only turned on seeing sigs recently. And I agree Albanese should be the ALP leader. Shorten is too much of a squib for my liking.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think that standing for anything is near gone the way of the dinosaur. It's all about economic management and not completely screwing up the easy s**t. That's what screwed the last 3 PM's and Turnbull is on his way. Having said that, I think that anyone who takes over from the leader of a party who held that position at an election is always going to be well up against it.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
I would rest Talia this week, ES is rock hard and we don't need to take the risk so close to finals, get him right for the following week against Sydney

Seedsman just a straight swap for DMac

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seems like an age ago that we were getting hammies every single week. It lasted for almost half the season, right? Got to the point that many of us thought it would derail our entire season.

Other than Hartigan, when was our last hamstring injury?

Lever with tightness a week or 2 ago I think.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would rest Talia this week, ES is rock hard and we don't need to take the risk so close to finals, get him right for the following week against Sydney

Seedsman just a straight swap for DMac
I agree that we should rest Talia for the week, 1 for his general health, but 2 just to continue our nice little unplanned run of rested players. Seems that through relatively non serious injuries we've rested Eddie, B Crouch, Lynch, Brown, Lever, Kelly, McGovern, Milera, Charlie, Mackay (also form), Jenkins, Knight, and now possibly Talia.

After rolling into last years Prelim with 3-4 guys playing injured and many looking slow and sore, I think this years lead up has been brilliant. Would love to get a week into Sauce, but i think with 3 rounds to go and the week off before finals he may have missed his window. Especially with ROB's back issues

Squiba

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I would actually rest Sauce and have a back up contingency plan if we were to lose him for a final. Better to be prepared now then having to test who can replace Sauce in a sudden death Prelim or even worse on GF day.
I don't mind that at all, but only if he has a niggle. ROB is massively underdone and thus we would only have Hunter (Rookie) or Dear to pick from.

Sauce is vital to our flag chances, so we need to take a no risk approach this week imo.

I don't mind that at all, but only if he has a niggle. ROB is massively underdone and thus we would only have Hunter (Rookie) or Dear to pick from.

Sauce is vital to our flag chances, so we need to take a no risk approach this week imo.

If Sauce is injured for Week 1 of the finals or heaven forbid the entire finals series, we should or need to trial someone else in a low stakes game.

This is probably the best opportunity to get before things heat up in September.

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Sauce is injured for Week 1 of the finals or heaven forbid the entire finals series, we should or need to trial someone else in a low stakes game.

This is probably the best opportunity to get before things heat up in September.
When you say someone else, you really mean ROB, who is the only other real ruckman on our list and who has only just come off the injury list from a back injury. So, at the moment, there aren't really any other options.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
I'd rest who we have to this week, hopefully get the win and then rest who we want to the following week. At the moment there seems to be more of a concern about Tex, Sloane and Talia than anyone else.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I would actually rest Sauce and have a back up contingency plan if we were to lose him for a final. Better to be prepared now then having to test who can replace Sauce in a sudden death Prelim or even worse on GF day.
JJ with Otto back up

I'd rest who we have to this week, hopefully get the win and then rest who we want to the following week. At the moment there seems to be more of a concern about Tex, Sloane and Talia than anyone else.

Sloane had admitted on a C7 footy show on Sunday that has issues with his knee and has been coping with this for a few weeks. He is one of the last players we could afford to lose for a finals series.

It would be crazy if he plays this week or even the next until its fully healed or as close to 100%.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Exactly.

FFS now is the time to give JJ a run in the ruck and see how he goes and how we adapt to "losing Sauce", not during a finals series. Otto takes up JJ position up forward as the 2nd tall.
I think it would be more of a 50/50 split. JJ has more value forward

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I saw the Sloane incident in game, as well as Tex's ankle roll. I think Sloane's looked the worse out of the 2, just for the fact he was seen hobbling for a fair while and had to do light jogs after, to be able to get to full running. Tex looked ok within a few minutes, and didn't appear to be too hindered with his run.
So out of the 2 leaders, I'd rest Sloane ahead of Walker, and maybe rest Walker the following week. Talia or anyone in a key position, who has a lingering niggle should also be rested. No need to go full on attack against the Swans, nothing to gain if we win and then lose a couple of significant injuries to our leaders in the lead up to Finals. Sauce should also be rested, but he can be rested in-game (eg. as a resting forward). Sauce doesn't need a whole week off (unless he does have a lingering niggle).

Seems like an age ago that we were getting hammies every single week. It lasted for almost half the season, right? Got to the point that many of us thought it would derail our entire season.

Other than Hartigan, when was our last hamstring injury?
Don't jinx us stabby!!

Excellent news that Hampton and Hartigan are suiting up in the SANFL this weekend. Hopefully we wont need them this year but good options to have in an emergency.
I wouldn't rule out Hartigan replacing Keath if he quickly gains form & fitness in the sanfl... & as you say, it's nice to have options in case.

Unfortunately ROB is underdone, but I would seriously consider lessening his ruck loads by using JJ more in the next 2 games.

Back