Injury 2017 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All these guys want to test themselves against the Swans as a finals dress rehearsal. There's as much chance of them getting injured this week as there is week 1. Fortunately there's 3 weeks between this game and our qualifying final.

All these guys want to test themselves against the Swans as a finals dress rehearsal. There's as much chance of them getting injured this week as there is week 1. Fortunately there's 3 weeks between this game and our qualifying final.

No.

The difference is that the players mentioned like Tex, Sloane, Talia etc have some small/medium injury issues.

The time to get some rest and recovery into them is now. Not to flog them to Week 1.

No.

The difference is that the players mentioned like Tex, Sloane, Talia etc have some small/medium injury issues.

The time to get some rest and recovery into them is now. Not to flog them to Week 1.
Difference this year is the bye after r23. It's an unknown entity at this point.

That's only been my sig for about 4 years, and I still think the "true" leader of the ALP is Anthony Albanese, he's the one the members voted for but were usurped by the rigged Faction vote. Both main Political Parties have leaders that stand for nothing currently.
Have I stumbled across the wrong thread? I was looking for the Talia + Sloane injury details....
"the "true" leader of the ALP is Anthony Albanese"...huh?

Talia and Otten rated as a test to play this week. The Gooch out for the season with a broken jaw. Otherwise we're looking pretty good.

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-08-22/injury-update-round-23

Injury list as of Tuesday, August 22
Daniel Talia (ankle) – Test
Andy Otten (ankle) – Test
Jordan Gallucci (jaw) – Season
Elliott Himmelberg (foot) – Season
Cam Ellis-Yolmen (knee) – Season

On Talia:

“Scans have revealed only minor damage,” Hass said.

“Luckily, we’ve got a nine-day break leading into West Coast.

“We’ll do everything we can to get him up and he’ll be a ‘test’ for this weekend.”

On Gallucci:

“Jordy Gallucci received a pretty heavy knock to the jaw, which fractured it in two places. It required surgery which was done yesterday,” Hass said.

“All went well, but unfortunately he’ll miss the rest of the season.”

On Talia:

“We’ll do everything we can to get him up and he’ll be a ‘test’ for this weekend.”

On Gallucci:

“Jordy Gallucci received a pretty heavy knock to the jaw, which fractured it in two places. It required surgery which was done yesterday,” Hass said.

AFC, please don't play Talia, as he will benefit from a 2 week break & his back avoiding a long flight.

Further, playing Hartigan allows us to better judge him v Keath for the finals against the likely Colman winner.

It's a no brainer... surely!

AFC, please don't play Talia, as he will benefit from a 2 week break & his back avoiding a long flight.

Further, playing Hartigan allows us to better judge him v Keath for the finals against the likely Colman winner.

I think we all know what's going to happen here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Talia:

On Gallucci:

I'd rather bring in an underdone Hartigan or even fricken Dear against WCE than play Talia. 3 weeks in a row going off injured/being hampered at some point does not bode well. If Harto plays a blinder on kennedy, he can have a run at finals.

Hi Kane,

I agree. Talia should not be on the plane to Perth. Play Keath, Lever and Hartigan.

Bye

This could be the sticking point.

This is the logical win:win selection here in pretty much a dead rubber.

The Hartigan v Keath decision is an interesting one. They could both fill the tall, fast 2nd defender role. One is, at this stage in career, a better defender while the other is a more talented footballer who makes better decisions and execution with ball in hand.

The big unknown is whether Hartigan can get up to speed and touch to be better value than Keath? If the selectors have their eggs in the Keath basket then we could risk not playing Hartigan but if, as I suspect, they are torn on the issue, then he must play this week!! We simply cannot judge whether Hartigan is up to AFL speed on the back of 2 SANFL games given his reasonably average form earlier in the year.

The difficulty lies in the two different Hartigan's...2016 Harto was an 8/10 player, 2017 5/10...Keath has been around a 6.5/10 but with a likely fast upward trajectory given the tough experiences he's faced.

I'm hoping Hartigan gets a game this week, I think we need him come finals. Last year when he was dropped first game, it was like he was given a rocket up his butt, and he played well all year, would hope his seeing how well Keath has done since he's been injured, would give him the motivation he needs to get that form back (wishful thinking?).
I like Keath, and think he will be a great player but worry a bit that finals pressure may be a bit much for him. Then again I could be wrong.

I'd rather bring in an underdone Hartigan or even fricken Dear against WCE than play Talia. 3 weeks in a row going off injured/being hampered at some point does not bode well. If Harto plays a blinder on kennedy, he can have a run at finals.

If Keath and Harto play at the same time the Pyke will confirm who he rates higher by which ever one he sends to kennedy

Still, 4 points on offer this weekend plus our continuity credits that we're banking for when the chips are really down and continuity counts for more than player fitness. Talia plays.
Nah, he'll rest. We'll still win. In for Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back