Injury 2017 Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst Heeneys is just really bad luck, should there be any alarm bells ringing over the size of the injury list and the management of our players? We seem to be cursed.

Whilst Heeneys is just really bad luck, should there be any alarm bells ringing over the size of the injury list and the management of our players? We seem to be cursed.

IThere's definitely some residue from 2016 still being felt... Buddy and Parker had late returns to pre-season because of injuries attained last year. Same as Aliir. McVeigh's basically had the same injury from last year repeated this year. Then there's Rohan who is just injury-prone and who I've given up even trying to get 22 or more games out of in a season. Reid didn't play one game last year.
So it feels like our playing group is in a bit of a shambles but a lot of it is still the aftermath of last season's late injuries, the rest like Heeney and Papley are just bad luck. Nothing to be concerned about. Just gotta hope our depth is in good shape

Excuse the intrusion but I thought you like to know the most recent case of glandular fever reported by an AFL player was Callum Brown at Collingwood. From point of diagnosis it was five weeks until a return to action (he played in VFL praccy match on the weekend). While ever case is different, the fact that Heeney is already doing light training can only be a positive sign. Fingers crossed he only misses a few weeks of season proper and we see him back out there - the kid is a star in the making and it will be a treat to watch him elevate his game once again in 2017.

Excuse the intrusion but I thought you like to know the most recent case of glandular fever reported by an AFL player was Callum Brown at Collingwood. From point of diagnosis it was five weeks until a return to action (he played in VFL praccy match on the weekend). While ever case is different, the fact that Heeney is already doing light training can only be a positive sign. Fingers crossed he only misses a few weeks of season proper and we see him back out there - the kid is a star in the making and it will be a treat to watch him elevate his game once again in 2017.
Thanks for your input mate, i hope your right. Changing the subject, how do you see your boys going rd1, very generous odds for collingwood given its at mcg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else here about Macca re injuring he calve in his first week back training ?

I'd be amazed if McVeigh plays more than a few games. Injuries are old man ones.

McVeigh was done last year. Delaying the inevitable.
Would be sad to see him slide out without another game. He was still one of the best kicks and coolest heads in our side and still could have an impact on a game, albeit far less than his prime. Plus the guy bleeds red & white for the team and I think his composure and leadership in the backline is sorely missed.

Someone needs to step up and provide that leadership (pointing) in his absence. Every defence needs an organiser. A defence simply has to work as a unit to be effective. I can't see Rampe providing that guidance when the he can't even get himself over a bit of chainlink fence. Reg is too busy wrestling giants, Aliir, Marsh and Mills are too young. Jones is too hot-headed and playing more of a midfield role. Smith is away with the fairies this year.

250+ AFL games
All Aus in his first year translating to HB
Club champion
Co captain
Life member of the AFL

Pretty harsh I would say

Been a gun
Not too many other Premiership captains running around in Swans colours either.

I'm older than McHack, my calves are great! Can you show us the medical findings to prove this?

It's more that once you start doing soft tissue injuries it takes longer to get over them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back