2017 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I know it's totally none of my business but I would like to know what the issues are. Would let me have a better handle on what's going on.

Last mental illness case the club faced was a whole year out at home in Perth because of homesickness and contracts. I don't think that's Tom, he's been here longer, seemed settled, but not getting games. Is it a football based thing? Problem with family health? Girlfriend issues? General depression (straight out, black dog stuff)?

Different triggers require different approaches, and different time frames (realistic or not)
I trust the club to help him work through it all. And I really hope he gets back on his feet (so to speak) because he's always struck me as a nice bloke.

But "time off due to mental illness issues" is just annoyingly vague.

I know it's totally none of my business but I would like to know what the issues are. Would let me have a better handle on what's going on. But "time off due to mental illness issues" is just annoyingly vague.
I understand exactly what you mean - in most cases (i.e. genuine distress) you'd be more sympathetic knowing a little of the details. But it's not to be as privacy for the individual is fair enough. Just have to trust that it is real and give him sympathy. It does leave us a touch thin on ruck options if there are any injuries, so cross-fingers in that respect for the other guys.

Best wishes going out to you, Tom, hope that you can get the help you require to push through the issue.

wish Tom a swift recovery. very sad news indeed. Strikes me as a top fella

I understand exactly what you mean - in most cases (i.e. genuine distress) you'd be more sympathetic knowing a little of the details. But it's not to be as privacy for the individual is fair enough. Just have to trust that it is real and give him sympathy. It does leave us a touch thin on ruck options if there are any injuries, so cross-fingers in that respect for the other guys.

Best wishes going out to you, Tom, hope that you can get the help you require to push through the issue.
+1

Has anyone heard any update on Coniglio's ankle injury? I found it curious that yesterday they still listed him at 6 weeks. Has he not made progress/had setbacks in the last week or so? There was talk about a week ago from Leon Cameron that he may be available a week early - not pushed back 2 weeks!

Has anyone heard any update on Coniglio's ankle injury? I found it curious that yesterday they still listed him at 6 weeks. Has he not made progress/had setbacks in the last week or so? There was talk about a week ago from Leon Cameron that he may be available a week early - not pushed back 2 weeks!
Just not updated I would think.

The Goo out for 10-12 weeks? That hammy must be attached by a thread. Hope we can get him back on the park sooner. Doesn't deserve such wretched luck.
Yeah poor bastard
Fought his way back in from the cold, after being delisted to get picked round one. Likely to face trying to break into a settled team when he comes back, test of his heart. It can be a cruel game.

At the game Sunday he walked out near me. He was on crutches and still in a protective boot of sorts. So I'd say he's at least a month away if not more, but sometimes these boots can make things look worse, and then they're back quicker than you expected. Who knows really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, absolutely gutted for Will Setterfield. That wrecks a fair portion of his season. No good for Griff either. :(

Injury toll is starting to become a problem for our midfield stocks. Need to have some luck from here on.

Yes, saw that from one of the posted links. I'd presume that the club would run MDB through one or two NEAFL games though. Or do people think they'd put him straight in to replace Griff's experience?
I think he'd probably have to have 1 game at least before coming in, in a way it's good if MK gets a second shot now, but has to perform to keep it rather than being gifted games through others misfortune

Yes, saw that from one of the posted links. I'd presume that the club would run MDB through one or two NEAFL games though. Or do people think they'd put him straight in to replace Griff's experience?
Someone with that much experience maybe not

You wouldn't run Stevie J in the twos if he was right to go I wouldn't think

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would play MDB in the twos first up and see how he goes but IMO it adds competition to the midfield and will hopefully make sure the non performers are under selection pressure and with Griffen and Deledio out for different times his experience becomes important

Remove this Banner Ad

Back