2017 injury thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, when I say it I'm evil....

What about when the coach does?
I was a bit surorised in the Presser when he said it, clearly in jest though.
Seriously I dont get why he's included at all . I dont want him out but it must be a distraction for him and his teamates. Why not just leave him in Melbourne. Reality is leaving part way through the game or at the last minute is a serious hit on the Magpies.

Cogs out for 10-12, not good this time of year although time to get back to full fitness for finals.
Bam Bam also injured in the twos.

Wow.

Sam Reid Concussion Test
Aidan Corr Concussion Test
Jeremy Finlayson Groin 2-3 weeks
Tendai Mzungu Hamstring 4-6 weeks
Brett Deledio Calf TBC (My best guess)
Jacob Hopper Finger 5 weeks
Ryan Griffen Ankle 5-7 weeks
Will Setterfield Ankle 5-7 weeks
Nick Haynes Hamstring 8 weeks
Stephen Coniglio Ankle 10 weeks
Matt Buntine Knee Season
Adam Kennedy Knee Season

That's crazy given every one of those has either played seniors or would've probably played seniors if been fit, with Finlayson the only possible exception.

Wow.

Sam Reid Concussion Test
Matt Buntine Knee Season
Adam Kennedy Knee Season

That's crazy given every one of those has either played seniors or would've probably played seniors if been fit, with Finlayson the only possible exception.
851260627f1a6b492afe566921348da1.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Wow.

Sam Reid Concussion Test
Matt Buntine Knee Season
Adam Kennedy Knee Season

And Downie on permanent leave makes 13

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:eek: What can we do. Wish them all well in rehab and hope their replacements step up.
:cool: I do know they breed em tough where Cumming comes from.

Wow.

Sam Reid Concussion Test
Matt Buntine Knee Season
Adam Kennedy Knee Season

I cant handle this

Best chance ever at a flag. Its so so cruel

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I cant handle this

Best chance ever at a flag. Its so so cruel

On the bright side... Doggies had an injury list similar last year. They got all their guys back at the right time of year and we all saw what happened then. Only two out for the season so far.

I like this idea

I think we beat richmond but if we can beat the eagles in perth we can match it with tje best with our depth

In my opinion DeBoar must come in now. He can play a lockdown role and is hard as nails

Wow.

Sam Reid Concussion Test
Matt Buntine Knee Season
Adam Kennedy Knee Season

On the bright side... Doggies had an injury list similar last year. They got all their guys back at the right time of year and we all saw what happened then. Only two out for the season so far.

So, who was it who said - when de Boer was the first injury for the year - that they were happy to sacrifice him for the good of the team? Obviously he wasn't a virgin, and his sacrifice only angered the footy gods!

On a serious note, a terribly frustrating injury list. Bam Bam the other one not named if reports of his shoulder injury are true. So I'd read that as 7 of the 14 would be walk up best 22 players (one third of the side!), another 5 would be the first choice replacements for some of the previous (so 23 to 30 players), and only 2 (Downie & TOJ) as depth players being injured.

Nothing we can do, though, other than the play the guys who are fit and trust that the coaches can get the structure right and indoctrinate the incoming replacements to play their role. There's certainly enough talent still in the team to win enough games to make the finals, and then ... see from there. The Doggies do provide an example of what you can do if your coach and your players believe in themselves, their team & their gameplan. We've always said that we set our own goals and ignored the outside expectations - well now is the chance to really drive that home.

So our "unprecedented depth" now consists of

Himmleberg (6 games), M. Kennedy (8 games), Dawson Simpson (28 between 2010/15) and Tim Mohr (43 games 2012/14 and a game and less than a quarter last year) along with Flynn, Tiziani and Cummings who haven't played and a couple of Cat B Rookies in Sproule and the commonwealth games decathlete-crossover-just-learning-footy Stein

Yep. Monstrous unstoppable juggernaught of a Frankenstein team we are.

So our "unprecedented depth" now consists of

Himmleberg (6 games), M. Kennedy (8 games), Dawson Simpson (28 between 2010/15) and Tim Mohr (43 games 2012/14 and a game and less than a quarter last year) along with Flynn, Tiziani and Cummings who haven't played and a couple of Cat B Rookies in Sproule and the commonwealth games decathlete-crossover-just-learning-footy Stein

Yep. Monstrous unstoppable juggernaught of a Frankenstein team we are.
:pHow can a team that cant find a spot for Tiziani and Cumming claim to have no depth? They're both clearly future superstars of the game.
Seriously other than kicking the cat what can we do, that's risky the little bastards got a memory like an elephant and sharp teeth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back