Injury 2017 Injury Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Id heard non ankle.

Turf toe actually was my word - niggling but seriously annoying. Not the N word. Inflammation was down and back to light loading again.

but im 17000 kms away....:(

Go Catters

I have it on good authority it's turf toe.

Tough one to give a diagnosis on as to when he'll be back due to the nature of the injury. Can't do a lot for it except wait for the inflammation in the joint to go down, and surgery just isn't an option for this kind of problem. Can take a a few weeks for some, while for others a few months.

If you rush this type of injury and get it wrong it doesn't result in missing a few weeks it could result in missing most of the year. Rather miss a couple of weeks at the start of the year than stuff it and end up with a scenario like last year where he doesn't debut until rd 20.

I have it on good authority it's turf toe.

Tough one to give a diagnosis on as to when he'll be back due to the nature of the injury. Can't do a lot for it except wait for the inflammation in the joint to go down, and surgery just isn't an option for this kind of problem. Can take a a few weeks for some, while for others a few months.

If you rush this type of injury and get it wrong it doesn't result in missing a few weeks it could result in missing most of the year. Rather miss a couple of weeks at the start of the year than stuff it and end up with a scenario like last year where he doesn't debut until rd 20.

see the view from afar aint so bad after all!!!

And as indignant as it will make some peeps around here, it really is a very individual type injury - and no average can really be applied to recovery time as it fluctuates so much.

It was mentioned by CS that he seemed to have turned the corner ( hopefully the inflammation is down and the loading going back up).

Should not be long after that... (crosses fingers and rubs rabbit foot)

Go Catters!!

Id heard non ankle.

Turf toe actually was my word - niggling but seriously annoying. Not the N word. Inflammation was down and back to light loading again.

but im 17000 kms away....:(

Go Catters
Scooter is said to have stated on your radio station it's ankle related in as much as he has been using a different running style (up on his toes) to take pressure off the ankle but the toe didn't hold out.

I'm not confident he'll ever be of much value unfortunately.
I do feel sorry for him as his ankles have wrecked his career. And it seems like he's such a hard worker he might not know when to stop and it actually makes it worse.
But yeah it's hard to be confident at all and I do wish he wasn't on 350-400k a year.

I see that Guthrie had a setback late last week - can probably scratch him for a couple more weeks now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Waite out surely we don't need to worry too much about KPD depth? At least for this week I would have thought it's just Daw and Brown.

With Waite out surely we don't need to worry too much about KPD depth? At least for this week I would have thought it's just Daw and Brown.
They have Wood as well or is he injured?

Completely understand that, but he is young and a proven talent - it seems like this is a relatively minor setback, so I think there is some reason for optimism. He is miles ahead of where he was a year or two back.

Medical Room for another week:

- Cocky out with thumb we already knew
- Guthrie building up over next week or two so I wouldn't expect to see him until Round 3 at earliest, probably Rnd4.
- Kolo back in full training & looking at a game 'soon'.
- Jamaine Jones will play in the VFL practice match this weekend.

bout nine months following an ankle issue. - Travis King

GEEL-2.jpg

Player

Injury

Estimated Return

Ryan Abbott Back 2-3 weeks
Nakia Cockatoo Hand 2-3 weeks
Corey Gregson* Foot 8 weeks
Cameron Guthrie Calf Test
Timm House Shoulder Test
Jake Kolodjashnij Groin Test
Scott Selwood Toe Test
Updated: Tuesday, April 4

Early prognosis

Geelong has a bye in the VFL this week, which makes it likely Selwood and Kolodjashnij will be given an extra week before returning. House is yet to play a game in the blue and white hoops so the delay won't hurt, while Guthrie is a chance to play against Melbourne. Zac Smith played well in the VFL last Saturday after being a late withdrawal from round one. - Peter Ryan

But there is still no mention of Esava Ratugolea's progress.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-05/the-full-injury-list-ahead-of-round-three

GEEL-2.jpg

Player

Injury

Estimated Return

Timm House Shoulder Test
Scott Selwood Toe Test

Early prognosis

Geelong has a bye in the VFL this week, which makes it likely Selwood and Kolodjashnij will be given an extra week before returning. House is yet to play a game in the blue and white hoops so the delay won't hurt, while Guthrie is a chance to play against Melbourne. Zac Smith played well in the VFL last Saturday after being a late withdrawal from round one. - Peter Ryan

or Cuncio....

GO Catters

GEEL-2.jpg

Player

Injury

Estimated Return

Timm House Shoulder Test
Scott Selwood Toe Test

Early prognosis

If Guthrie, House, Kolodjashnij and Scott Selwood are all rated as 'test' they must be pretty close.

I think we should be conservative with all of them. Guth and Scooter are best 22 when fit but there's no need to rush them back. Make sure they are cherry ripe for the Hawthorn game. Kolo is a long term defensive prospect for us but we have players to cover him right now. Bring him back through the VFL. House was a speculative pick. Let's see him back to his best in the VFL and compare him to Black and Buzza.

There's a little Mark O'Connor puff piece on the club website, but one out the things that stood out to me was Sav playing in the intra-club. Hard to say how recent the footage is exactly but hopefully he's going to be playing proper games sooner rather than later.

How bad is Tuohy's shoulder injury?

Concerning.

Also, Hawkins looked lame in the last quarter with what looked like a thigh injury.
KROCK suggested that 2E had a stinger on his shoulder... not structural but it hurts like a mofo and makes the short term use of it impractival at best.

Again per KROCK, Hawkins himself said he got a ripper corky and that was that was strapping. It was not a hammy issue or anything else. Ice baths and 8 days to recover and he said he be sweet.

Go Catters

KROCK suggested that 2E had a stinger on his shoulder... not structural but it hurts like a mofo and makes the short term use of it impractival at best.

Again per KROCK, Hawkins himself said he got a ripper corky and that was that was strapping. It was not a hammy issue or anything else. Ice baths and 8 days to recover and he said he be sweet.

Go Catters

That's good news, Tuohy won't miss any games due to a stinger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back